Logging....why oh why must we be made to log

ArcticLyn

Logging....why oh why must we be made to log

Post by ArcticLyn »

I really like this game, all the way back to 2011 but this is the first time that I've actually gotten very frustrated with it. It seems everything is centered around logging. If I want my greenhouses to work, they need pallets. If I want my dairy/soja to work, I need pallets and cardboard. If i want my brewery to work...well you get the picture. I hate logging and if I wanted to do something like that, I'd play a forestry game. All of the mods that are being developed for '17 also require logs in some form or another as well. It seems that Giants is forcing us to do this whether we like it or not.

Yes I know I can just farm and not have to bother with all of the other factories etc. but those are income so why should I let them sit there and take up valuable real estate doing absolutely nothing. I am not a modder and I wouldn't know my way around Giants Editor if it bit me in the ar** so before anybody says, "make your own", I don't have the foggiest idea how to.

I"m not asking for everything to be handed to me on a silver platter but maybe give us a choice to get things to work like greenhouses for instance. Instead of only accepting pallets, make it so that they'll accept straw or hay to weave into bags then the vegetables could go in those instead of coming out on pallets. Or at the very least, give us the option to buy logs/woodchips/pallets from the shop, even if it is at an inflated price. At least it's an option for those of us who don't want to use the logging aspect of the game.

TL:DR Giants please don't force us to log in order to take advantage of income sources.
hpmc13

Re: Logging....why oh why must we be made to log

Post by hpmc13 »

Pretty sure that all of those income sources that you are talking about come from mods and scripts outside of Giants. Pick a new map. There are oodles that do not incorporate any of those things.
Playing on PC
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Don't believe it's Giants that make you. Surely the map makers add these for some of the PC maps right ?

As a console player, I'd love to have those features ! Brewery, Dairy, various factories. Would be amazing and I'm hoping Giants add 2 or 3 in FS19 base game.
Have you checked any PC mods for options to buy logs/chips ? Pretty sure there would be. I know there are mods where you can buy slurry and manure.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
ArcticLyn

Post by ArcticLyn »

I stand corrected. You are right hpmc and Goose, I looked and yes, it's modded maps that use them and not Giant's maps themselves...my bad.

Goose, I've looked and looked and I just can't seem to find any mods that allow me to buy that stuff.
aklein

Post by aklein »

As others has said no one is making you use those industry buildings. And all of the ones your referring to are SVAPO mods which are most defiantly not Giants items.

The Scorpion King and an auto load log trailer makes quick work of supplying the pallet factory with all it needs. cut 3 or 4 trees once every few game days is all thats needed. About 15 minutes of game time every 2 or 3 days itsnt so much. Its more the having to clear the production pallets so often that is more annoying to those industry buildings.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Artic, have a look at Farmer Kleins Lets play Serenity Valley. He deals with the wood needs very quickly for the factories.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Or get a console and problem solved. lol
PS4
PS5
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

I'd sell a kidney for this "problem" on consoles.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I dont do logging much, if im low on cash, ill sell a load or two to stay ahead of the money game, logging is fun dont get me wrong, but i like the farming aspect little bit more, and besides, i have livestock to take care of, i dont have that much time to do logging, i did at the beginning, but as soon as i found the nuggets, that in someway took care of the money issue.
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

Since logging in both the trees and woodchips are so low in price, I don't bother to cut down trees. I only cut them, if they are in the way. Or in my current map, to use the wood to make planks. Those planks are for making pallets and woodboxes. And the woodchips are for making cardboard boxes. I play the Great Country v1.8 map, on PC. But logging isn't that profitable since FS15.
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

I was pleasantly surprised when i tried logging last week. It was downtime on the farm and it was raining so i thought why not. I hired myself the scorpion king, the new BSM log trailer and a telehandler, log grabber and I was off. A full trailer with the biggest logs was bringing in 26k not bad. 2 trips coverd the lease of the equipment plus a little profit and it was a nice change from animal and farm work.

I.planted some tress which replaced the ones I cut up, just watching them grow ready for the next time.

All in all a good logging experience. Give it a go if you haven't tried.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Frantic Farmer wrote:I was pleasantly surprised when i tried logging last week. It was downtime on the farm and it was raining so i thought why not. I hired myself the scorpion king, the new BSM log trailer and a telehandler, log grabber and I was off. A full trailer with the biggest logs was bringing in 26k not bad. 2 trips coverd the lease of the equipment plus a little profit and it was a nice change from animal and farm work.

I.planted some tress which replaced the ones I cut up, just watching them grow ready for the next time.

All in all a good logging experience. Give it a go if you haven't tried.
And i thought my 23k was good, thats my personal best, lol.