3 things you could take from the pc guys?

1992Tadej1992

Re: 3 things you could take from the pc guys?

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

1. Seasons
2. More realistic
3. AI extension
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

markare wrote:Ic is on console . the MF classics have it on one of their tractors
It would be nice to have it on all tractors and combines too. I would at least like the option anyway
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

1.Seasons.

2. J.D and Claas equipment

3. any or all of the mods that make the game look and feel more realistic.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

1. Seasons

2. Course play

3.engine sounds
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Smith Modding wrote:I read a while ago about the realistic beacons not being on console... why is that?
The short answer: Console power.

Console hardware is outdated already (well OK, PS4 Pro and XBOX X not so much) and realstic beacons would make the game run bad on console.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Lisertan wrote:
Smith Modding wrote:I read a while ago about the realistic beacons not being on console... why is that?

Console hardware is outdated already (well OK, PS4 Pro and XBOX X not so much) and realstic beacons would make the game run bad on console.
I'm sorry man, but have you heard of optimalization? That's something FS is surely not. There's a lot of console games with waaay better graphics than FS... Hell there were games on PS3 with better graphics. And you say you can't do beacons better because of outdated hardware? You cannot be serious. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

masterplan wrote:
Lisertan wrote:

I'm sorry man, but have you heard of optimalization? That's something FS is surely not. There's a lot of console games with waaay better graphics than FS... Hell there were games on PS3 with better graphics. And you say you can't do beacons better because of outdated hardware? You cannot be serious. ;-)
We could go into deep details about textures, lighing and stuff and where differences are, but I don't think that's really needed. Sure, there is always room for optimization, but no that's not the big issue here. Console Power is not only pure graphics, there is way more that drains power from your console. Sure there are better looking games, we all know that, but they need less ressorces at other points of the game. It's not only the looks.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Lisertan wrote:
masterplan wrote:
Lisertan wrote:

We could go into deep details about textures, lighing and stuff and where differences are, but I don't think that's really needed. Sure, there is always room for optimization, but no that's not the big issue here. Console Power is not only pure graphics, there is way more that drains power from your console. Sure there are better looking games, we all know that, but they need less ressorces at other points of the game. It's not only the looks.
Obviously the thing that drains the most power from my PS4 is when I pause the game. Then it makes the most noise as the most computing power is required. :-)
Also using 2 and more helpers is obviously too much for an old outdated PS4 as is makes my vehicles stutter, like below.

As a Czech saying goes: sweep (the dust) in front of your door first. In other words: optimise your own code before you start accusing consoles of having outdated hardware. ;-)

https://youtu.be/QELAcYyOmAI
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

If you feel that consoles are fine, that's up to you. Each to their own. There might still be a reason why both MS and Sony already release more powerful versions, don't you think?

As I said, not saying there is nothing to improve when it comes to our games, of course there is and we work on improvements all the time, but that doesn't change the fact that PS4 and XB1 are not the high end stuff anymore.
Community Manager

Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

This is true, they have some reason as much as the manager and friend are working on improving the game console but in reality does not show much improvement from one game to another from 2013 to 2017 outside to show much more in How much quality but is right lisertan manager we have console of very low range but hopefully with xbox one X change the thing in terms of graphics and so on so next year we can see if what design manager lisertan is true we will have a mid-range To the pc in xbox X almost very high and we will see that asen with the next game ,, so calmly wait to see who was right
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
mh1023

Post by mh1023 »

1. Seasons
2. Seasons
3. Seasons

I'd trade 50 tool mods and 7 map mods for Seasons mod.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

masterplan wrote:
You're talking about AAA productions there though. You can get massively optimised amazingly looking and performing games if you have a huge a studio with suitably huge resources. Thats what makes AAA games what they are. Obviously it would be great if FS looked and performed as well as these games but Giants would need to be a much bigger studio and FS a much bigger franchise than what it is. Taking things into consideration as they are FS is quite an impressive game. The vehicle modelling is nothing short of spectacular and continues to get noticeably better and better I think. I'm sure things will continue to improve as the game moves forward and gets more successful.

Also, remember that a lot of these other bigger better looking games work in quite a different way. FS is designed to work with all the user generated content in the form of mods bolted into it and have them work seamlessly with relative ease. Its a really difficult thing to pull off and have it all working and performing consistently well.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Lisertan wrote:
masterplan wrote:
Lisertan wrote:

Agreed, people seem to look at games for the graphics and not the gameplay.

In 2009 Race Pro was released on the Xbox 360 and while the graphics left a lot to be desired, the game play and immersion was absolutely fantastic.

Looking at side by side comparisons of the PC and console version, the graphics are not noticeably different.

Only when you add texture mods and the like can you see a difference.

It's a great game no mater what platform you play it on.
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Graphics don't make a game..everybody knows this.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

eric21 wrote:Graphics don't make a game..everybody knows this.
Obviously they don't unfortunately...
the big print giveth the small print taketh