Useing Seasons Mod and Feeding Cows in Winter

Salmotuttra

Useing Seasons Mod and Feeding Cows in Winter

Post by Salmotuttra »

Hi, New to the forum so I hope I'm doing this right. I've installed the Seasons Mod (updated it too) and I love this mod. My question is that when Winter comes I can not put any grass in the grass feeding troughs for the cows to feed. It says I cannot put grass here. had the same problem with my Sheep but sould put hay there and now they can feed. Can I do the same for my cows or is there something else I should be doing. There production rate is falling fast. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Happy Farming :biggrin2:
ErwinR55

Re: Useing Seasons Mod and Feeding Cows in Winter

Post by ErwinR55 »

Fresh grass doesn't grow in winter, so silage and hay is all they can get I assume. (I don't have seasons)
PS4 player
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

ErwinR55 wrote:Fresh grass doesn't grow in winter, so silage and hay is all they can get I assume. (I don't have seasons)
I confirm. With Seasons you can't feed cows grass in winter.
You could use the mod "Assign hay to grass" mod, I think it'll make so your cows will stay at a higher production rate(just an idea, I don't use it as I'm not in winter yet).
But i'll have one consequence: your cows will consume a lot more Silage(50%), so I hope you have some reserves...
Salmotuttra

Post by Salmotuttra »

Thanks....Going to look for the mod now
aklein

Post by aklein »

Your cows will produce a WHOLE lot more milk over winter so the lower production output is offset. Below is the output of a single cow per game day per season.

Spring - 643
Summer - 343
Autumn - 171
Winter - 557