Pig food

DanimalBVB

Pig food

Post by DanimalBVB »

About to start pig farming on my main farm, sosnovka. Is it best to feed using all the individual crops required, buying pig food from the store or by using a pig food silo? And which do you use?
Tuffer

Re: Pig food

Post by Tuffer »

Purchasing is the really expensive way to go. Recommend farming the crops needed. Don't worry about the root crop.. it only nets 5% of the productivity (meaning you can be at 95 without it).
PS4 farmer
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Honestly. In the beginning growing the food is cheapest and easiest. But once you get a lot of pigs I've found supplementing crops with pig food to be helpful. Tricks the game. If u add each crop it'll stop you once that crop is full. However pig food fills all crops till the lowest one is full. I usually fill all my crops individually and use pig food to fill the corn. Almost doubles the amount of the rest of the crops by the time the corn is filled.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

manosaurus wrote:Honestly. In the beginning growing the food is cheapest and easiest. But once you get a lot of pigs I've found supplementing crops with pig food to be helpful. Tricks the game. If u add each crop it'll stop you once that crop is full. However pig food fills all crops till the lowest one is full. I usually fill all my crops individually and use pig food to fill the corn. Almost doubles the amount of the rest of the crops by the time the corn is filled.
What's "a lot of pigs" in your book? ;-)

Anyway don't bother with pig food, way too expensive. Just grow the crops. ;-)
Tuffer wrote:Purchasing is the really expensive way to go. Recommend farming the crops needed. Don't worry about the root crop.. it only nets 5% of the productivity (meaning you can be at 95 without it).
I recomment leasing the equipment necessary for harvest and use it on a smaller field, 2-3 ha will be more than enough for a start. You'll be getting 110-120k L of sugar beets from 1 ha, which'll last you almost forever. ;-) I'm a perfectionist, I couldn't live with only 95 % productivity. :-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote:What's "a lot of pigs" in your book? ;-)
Definitely not what it is in your book :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Definitely not what it is in your book :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
In my book a lot = 20 000. :-D Not achieveable on vanilla maps IMHO. :-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

They should have been 40000 or something by now. I can't forget how they put an instant pile of spilled food on the groud right after I clean them.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote:They should have been 40000 or something by now. I can't forget how they put an instant pile of spilled food on the groud right after I clean them.
I haven't played for a week now, so I think I'm still somewhere near 17 000 area. And I'm planning to sell, it's just that within 2 ingame hours there's gonna be 64 ha harvest of corn, so I'll sell after that. And yes, I know I was saying I was gonna sell after the previous harvest. :rolleyesnew:
That's nothing, funnier is the 140k L head when the cleanliness level drops to 50-60 %. :-D
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Even that, 140.000 Ltrs spilled food is a good evidence that you shouldn't do this :mrgreen: I hope you would never loose that save game because spmehow if you do, you'll soak that PS4 into beer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Don't worry, the savegame is well backed up. ;-) And beer is a proper virtual farming ingredience. :-D