Time to buy a PC

High Cotton

Re: Time to buy a PC

Post by High Cotton »

I picked this up two weekends ago. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-d ... Id=5727100

I was torn between PC and preordering the XBox One X. The PC I was looking at went on sale for $999 and it was tax free weekend. It's not top of the line and could be built for cheaper. I didn't want to go that route. I have some other projects I'm building by picking up pieces when they go on sale so I didn't want to add Pc parts to my list. It runs the game well and the graphics are better then my Xbox. I'm happy with my purchase.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Scotia1314 wrote:I've just ordered my p.c this morning so thanks for this thread..I would take my wife,g.f away "master plan" but I left the better looking half of my face in the soil in Afghanistan..as for logic,I work on a mixed arable farm of 5000 acres and I play a farming game...go figure. All I know is its a lot more relaxing than c.o.d !!
Take care regardless of how you spend your time *thumbsup*
What did you end up getting?
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
crash

Post by crash »

Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

masterplan wrote:
RODHA wrote: It is because you love living and know how to live a full life :hi: And some of us just find the happiness away from people in some sort of virtual environment. It is just life I guess :neutralnew:
I understand that. But I always consider expenses vs. added value. If you had neither console nor PC and wanted to play pretty much only FS, then I'd understand getting a PC, especially if it would be case like mine - just buying a graphics card into your PC. But when you already have a PS4, why spending a lot of money for a PC for just one game, especially the one you already have on your console?
I was a PC player many years back, now I just enjoy the comfort of console. Playing on my big screen TV from the comfort of my bed. B-) And IDGAFF (the 2nd to last F means flying) about FPS, terraflops, I don't bother with DirectX version etc. :-)
I was a big PC player years ago as well.

As I've stated., I spent more time modding the game, playing around with mods making it look pretty than actually playing the game. Got tired of that.

Playing FS on PC is nice, but I don't get to play the game. I'm sticking with the console version.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I've been toying with the idea of buying a PC to run the game but only because I want to try my hand and making mods, particularly map mods. Seems like a good creative challenge.

Remember if you're buying a decent PC for running the game factor in getting a really good monitor to go with it. I won't use anything less than a 27" monitor so I'm looking at spending another £500 (or more) on getting a decent monitor.
Scotia1314

Post by Scotia1314 »

I purchased a custom gaming p.c from fierce p.c UK..both my friends( I know,Mr popular) have them and run very well,the p.c,keyboard and mouse were £775.98 but I opted for the i5 instead of the 3 that was built in.

I have a tonne of helmet cam footage that I want to edit and broadcast to help with the wounded warrior project,just trying to help others a lot worse off than me.
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

Hello everybody I am also looking to make the jump from ps4 to pc. I have been lookin at the alienware alpha and was wondering if y'all thought it would run the game descent. Mainly want to try out seasons and maybe a 4x map. I don't need to run it on high settings just at least as good as my ps4. Thanks for your help.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Way2drunk2walk wrote:Hello everybody I am also looking to make the jump from ps4 to pc. I have been lookin at the alienware alpha and was wondering if y'all thought it would run the game descent. Mainly want to try out seasons and maybe a 4x map. I don't need to run it on high settings just at least as good as my ps4. Thanks for your help.
I had experience with an Alienware Alpha. The thing of it is, you really still have to know how to use a PC for gaming, to take advantage of what you want to take advantage of. Another matter is, the way a controller works on a PC, is a bit off.

Which is to say, console games are made for a controller, but on PC, there's no real in game settings for a controller (it's a PC game), and so you only have "mouse sensitivity" options, and many times that's inadequate. And so the controller can feel very, and even too sensitive, even on an Alpha system made to play like a console.

In other cases, on PC games, if you use a controller, it can't handle all the binds, and many times you'll be using both a keyboard and controller at the same time. Then today (as compared when i bought it), you have to make sure you buy one with a Windows Desktop. Many today only have Steam OS, and so idk if you get access to mods, if not just the Steam Store for games.

I sent it back to Dell in a few days, b/c i found it too cumbersome and complicated. But if you know how to play games on PC, with a Keyboard and Mouse, the games seem to play fine as far as framerates and changing graphical settings, but i bought a 699 dollar model at the time, so i think specs were at least decent.
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

Airborne82nd wrote:
Way2drunk2walk wrote:

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

None of this has really been helpful... just typical forum bashing. This place is rapidly becoming a joke.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Take a look at my specs ...

For me ... this is a minimum setup ... I am just barely getting what I want from this game (but it works and it looks great).
I am looking in to getting a better GPU ... !
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

manosaurus wrote:None of this has really been helpful... just typical forum bashing. This place is rapidly becoming a joke.
Lol, isn't it great-as console scrubs, we are told the only way to ever play with certain mods is if we get a computer-we think about getting a computer and then get ridiculed for spending the money.

I'm in a similar boat, starting a new job next month that requires a lot of over the road and waiting, so looking at a serious laptop that will run this game. The consoles are obviously always going to be the red headed stepchild to Giants, so this will be the only way to ever use seasons, auto loaders, etc. Plus it will give me the ability to try out the "other" farming game-who knows, I might like it better and will never have to buy a Giant's game again to get my farming fix. Hope you find something you like, manosasurus.
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

I know that im knocking the beehive, but this is first time where is even possibility get mods to console. It takes time to get console modbase larger and get modders for the consoles. And biggest problem is the sony&ms..
What comes to desent PC the link what Guil posted is good for getting some idea what kind of rig you need.
Henk D.

Post by Henk D. »

I am a ps4 guy. I would like to play on a pc. All the good stuff and big maps. But i would not change. My ps4 always runs, no problems at all. I am afraid of virussus and updates from microsoft, google etc. They are the boss in your computer. See it in my laptop. No i am a ps4 guy an i will never go to pc.
I love Lossberg on ps4. *thumbsup* :hi:
Farmermike

Post by Farmermike »

Ragman wrote:I know that im knocking the beehive, but this is first time where is even possibility get mods to console. It takes time to get console modbase larger and get modders for the consoles. And biggest problem is the sony&ms..
What comes to desent PC the link what Guil posted is good for getting some idea what kind of rig you need.
I switched from console to pc lately and now its funny because I have all mods but its hard to decide what to use.There are hundreds.Not enough before,now too much :lol: