Time to buy a PC

manosaurus

Time to buy a PC

Post by manosaurus »

So I'm done with my console limitations. I want to buy a PC. however I'm a noob to pc stuff. What would be considered top of the line to run this game at all out peak performance and have all the mod making memory and stuff I need?
Jlf85

Re: Time to buy a PC

Post by Jlf85 »

I'm kind of curious about this as well.. How much would a decent gaming rig cost? I suppose I could buy all the parts and make a build, but still curious as to cost..
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I set up my pc while ago for around 1000 euros. It is overkill tho :mrgreen:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6x 3.20GHz
Asus Prime B350M-A
250GB Samsung 850 Evo
2000GB Seagate BarraCuda
16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill RipJaws
550 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA
4GB MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming

It should work on ultra settings on 1920x1080. I tried with 50 mods and it works very well, so yeah overkill *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

You could use the specs of a potential purchase and put them into http://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/?EA
It's easy enough to use and you can try loads of games.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Now I don't know what to think about someone, who is willing to spend 1 000 EUR for a PC to play the same game he already can play on his console, only with some more mods. I think I might envy you that you don't know what to do with your money, on the other hand you really have nothing better to spend 1 000 EUR on? Go on a vacation with your wife / GF / whoever. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

masterplan wrote:Now I don't know what to think about someone, who is willing to spend 1 000 EUR for a PC to play the same game he already can play on his console, only with some more mods. I think I might envy you that you don't know what to do with your money, on the other hand you really have nothing better to spend 1 000 EUR on? Go on a vacation with your wife / GF / whoever. ;-)
Don't worry i can afford to go on vacations without being a tool.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

1992Tadej1992 wrote:I set up my pc while ago for around 1000 euros. It is overkill tho :mrgreen:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6x 3.20GHz
Asus Prime B350M-A
250GB Samsung 850 Evo
2000GB Seagate BarraCuda
16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill RipJaws
550 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA
4GB MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming

It should work on ultra settings on 1920x1080. I tried with 50 mods and it works very well, so yeah overkill *thumbsup*

Overkill is underrated in this day and age. Thank you for the help
reider

Post by reider »

If you wish to buy a PC, for whatever reason, you go right ahead and do it. It's your money, your choice and your wishes that count. Personally I would look in the broader scope of things you wish to do, cast the net a bit so to speak. Are their other games you perhaps haven't tried yet that you might like to now or in the future? Do you like art, do photographs, video for instance? Maybe wish to try out a Flight Simulator? In which case you'd be far better getting an Intel rig, maybe an i5 or i7 if you want to do some art/video work. Perhaps a K series if you want to overclock it and get maximum value from your purchase.

A good nVidia video card, lots of memory, SSD to boot from and an HDD to store Data and most programs on. Good cooling case/system to prologue the longevity of the parts and have them working at the best possible rate. Adequate Power Supply to meet all your needs and a little bit of headroom too. Don't just think about now but what you wish to do later or may wish to then tailor everything to your needs. Don't listen to the sales people, it's in their interests to offload anything to you that gets them a wage and/or commission.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote:Now I don't know what to think about someone, who is willing to spend 1 000 EUR for a PC to play the same game he already can play on his console, only with some more mods. I think I might envy you that you don't know what to do with your money, on the other hand you really have nothing better to spend 1 000 EUR on? Go on a vacation with your wife / GF / whoever. ;-)
If you are generally speaking I'm with you. But if we are speaking on PS4 terms I think it is getting and old showing off it's age. So, may be if I had enough money I could also decide to go for a PC just to get a smoother gaming experience. As PS4 players, our eyes really got used to low fps rendering but 60fps or more gives a great sense of smootheness and more realism I think. But if we have the PS5 right now, no one would make me to pay for a PC.
PS5 / FS22
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

reider wrote:If you wish to buy a PC, for whatever reason, you go right ahead and do it. It's your money, your choice and your wishes that count. Personally I would look in the broader scope of things you wish to do, cast the net a bit so to speak. Are their other games you perhaps haven't tried yet that you might like to now or in the future? Do you like art, do photographs, video for instance? Maybe wish to try out a Flight Simulator? In which case you'd be far better getting an Intel rig, maybe an i5 or i7 if you want to do some art/video work. Perhaps a K series if you want to overclock it and get maximum value from your purchase.

A good nVidia video card, lots of memory, SSD to boot from and an HDD to store Data and most programs on. Good cooling case/system to prologue the longevity of the parts and have them working at the best possible rate. Adequate Power Supply to meet all your needs and a little bit of headroom too. Don't just think about now but what you wish to do later or may wish to then tailor everything to your needs. Don't listen to the sales people, it's in their interests to offload anything to you that gets them a wage and/or commission.
Disagree, Intel is no near cpu of amd ryzen price/performance.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: If you are generally speaking I'm with you. But if we are speaking on PS4 terms I think it is getting and old showing off it's age. So, may be if I had enough money I could also decide to go for a PC just to get a smoother gaming experience. As PS4 players, our eyes really got used to low fps rendering but 60fps or more gives a great sense of smootheness and more realism I think. But if we have the PS5 right now, no one would make me to pay for a PC.
It's just a videogame. :-) I have no problem flying from Prague to Oslo and back just for a concert of a band I like for 800 EUR, but I don't see the point of spending a lot of money for a slightly better game experience. Why would I spend 400-500 EUR just on a graphics card for my PC only to play the exact same game with just a few more mods?
And I play the game, I don't count fps. ;-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote:It's just a videogame. :-) I have no problem flying from Prague to Oslo and back just for a concert of a band I like for 800 EUR, but I don't see the point of spending a lot of money for a slightly better game experience.
It is because you love living and know how to live a full life :hi: And some of us just find the happiness away from people in some sort of virtual environment. It is just life I guess :neutralnew:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: It is because you love living and know how to live a full life :hi: And some of us just find the happiness away from people in some sort of virtual environment. It is just life I guess :neutralnew:
I understand that. But I always consider expenses vs. added value. If you had neither console nor PC and wanted to play pretty much only FS, then I'd understand getting a PC, especially if it would be case like mine - just buying a graphics card into your PC. But when you already have a PS4, why spending a lot of money for a PC for just one game, especially the one you already have on your console?
I was a PC player many years back, now I just enjoy the comfort of console. Playing on my big screen TV from the comfort of my bed. B-) And IDGAFF (the 2nd to last F means flying) about FPS, terraflops, I don't bother with DirectX version etc. :-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote:But when you already have a PS4, why spending a lot of money for a PC for just one game, especially the one you already have on your console?
Did you ever get a detailed look on PC mods? They are not just some machinery anymore. There are new jobs and new features. Like you can make your own seed or fertilizer, you can make honey and honey milk then there is seasons and a lot more even I don't know. Those mods make the FS17 you know something else. So, is it worthed? Absolutely. I don't bother because those great additions also come with their problems (at some points) and I don't have time to bother solving problems. I just want to plug'n play with whatever I can get. When and if I manage to get retired some 17 years later :mrgreen: I'll definetely sell my PSx and buy a high-end PC.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

You don't need to spend crazy money for a pc. I bought a graphics card for €25 and overall for desktop, monitor, desk and everything I have spent less than €150.