GPS in the base game.

MarcusSpinner

GPS in the base game.

Post by MarcusSpinner »

I want to point out that GPS is a really nice mod for pc this should also be released for console and here is why. First of all this a simulator and this game is in the era of a lot technologies. GPS is used a lot in the farming industrie especial in the cabin of a tractor, when you go in cabin view nearly every tractor has some sort of GPS display. So my question to giants is why is this not a feature in the base game. This feature is first of all usefull for maps with fields that aren't straight forward and makes working with an AI worker more accurate. Also when spreading with solid fertilizer or manure or slurry you can be more efficent instead of missing whole strips. As a side note some solid fertilizer in real life have an option to choose the angle of the fertilizer to optimise your spread over the field. See a post of mine in this forum for more background information.
Xbox One
BreadedVirus

Re: GPS in the base game.

Post by BreadedVirus »

Hopefully FS 19 will incorporate a GPS.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

BreadedVirus wrote:Hopefully FS 19 will incorporate a GPS.
This, follow me, and seasons.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
MarcusSpinner

Post by MarcusSpinner »

redglasses wrote:
BreadedVirus wrote:Hopefully FS 19 will incorporate a GPS.
This, follow me, and seasons.
I complete agree GPS, Follow me and Seasons!
Xbox One
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

GPS is particularly tricky mostly because of the control scheme, unless it was a much more simplified version.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya it could be just a basic version, same with follow me, and I won't forget about seasons
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

This would be my most desired feature. I use GPS on FS15-PC and its my favourite mod by far. I haven't gotten around to upgrading my PC yet, so I'm stuck on console for FS17. An interesting idea would be tying GPS availability to tractor age. Modern tractors would have GPS, but older tractors would not. Just a thought.

PS. I would also be happy with a simplified GPS.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

theSeb wrote:GPS is particularly tricky mostly because of the control scheme, unless it was a much more simplified version.
I play on PS4 and can say a simple version would work excellent. Tool width and angle is all that's really needed. We're just tired of crooked lines on console :biggrin2:
Farming on PS5
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

If they managed to properly automate tool width, you wouldn't even need that. I think the ability to shift your route left and right might be useful as well as angle.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Earnest Pea wrote:If they managed to properly automate tool width, you wouldn't even need that. I think the ability to shift your route left and right might be useful as well as angle.
Tool width is already automated in gps. The problem comes in with mods that do not set their working area properly and with ploughs where the automated setting does not usually work.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

You're right. I still think there is some room for improvement, though. One good example is single sided rear mowers. Using the automatic width setup produces settings that won't function properly. I find that I have to adjust the width up a small bit and then to left a touch in order for it to work properly. If I don't, the GPS is prone to switching lanes (to the left if I remember it correctly). Putting that aside, GPS is by far my favourite mod.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1