Farming Simulator 15 & 17 on Xbox One.

Methane Man

Farming Simulator 15 & 17 on Xbox One.

Post by Methane Man »

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and apologize if this question is covered in a posting elsewhere.

I recently purchased Farming Simulator 17 on the Xbox One. The Xbox One version of Farming Simulator 15 is now on special on "Deals With Gold" for two more days on Xbox One for Gold Members. This is a good sale and opportunity to buy the "Complete Edition" for 60% off of the normal price.

Having just started with Farming Simulator 17, I wanted to ask those in the know if Farming Simulator 15 would still be a worth while buy in their opinion? Does it offer anything that FS17 doesn't? Would anyone go and play FS15 once they had FS17, or would they just keep working the farms and maps they have on FS17, and likely never go back to 15?

Thanks!
Methane Man
Methane Man

Re: Farming Simulator 15 & 17 on Xbox One.

Post by Methane Man »

Oops! :blushnew:
Sorry, I didn't intend to post this in the "bugs" forum, but it seems that's what happened. If a moderator notices this, please move it to wherever is appropriate. Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

Edit don_apple: thread moved to the "General Discussions" section
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I mean, if you really want it, sure, buy it. Its a good deal. But you won't have mods and there won't likely be updates or DLCs. So its up to you
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Smith Modding wrote:I mean, if you really want it, sure, buy it. Its a good deal. But you won't have mods and there won't likely be updates or DLCs. So its up to you
Pretty much this. FS15 is a great game, but it won't have any mods and there will most likely not be any more updates for it. That being said, FS15 is a complete game and a lot of fun. It's a matter of taste really. I personally like FS15, but I play on PC that makes it easier.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RogueWraith909

Post by RogueWraith909 »

I have both 15 and 17... sometimes I play 15 because I miss the classics pack, but 17 is a more feature filled game which is why I play both. Can't wait to see what the next edition will have.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

Because I like the fs 15 is more realistic at least that I transmit this game I have the fs 17 and I finish all the achievements but the fd 15 has a special touch even the tractors to handle them feel even more real than the 17 I do not know but the tractors of the fs 17 feel like more tense rigid in the suspension instead in the fs 15 you will feel different driving try it I play in xbox one
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Farm-war wrote:Because I like the fs 15 is more realistic at least that I transmit this game I have the fs 17 and I finish all the achievements but the fd 15 has a special touch even the tractors to handle them feel even more real than the 17 I do not know but the tractors of the fs 17 feel like more tense rigid in the suspension instead in the fs 15 you will feel different driving try it I play in xbox one
Right, i like the way the tractors handle better on 15, and they way they sound. On 17, when you accelerate, they sort of cut off. Trucks as well. And the dirt looks more realistic on 15. Plus the classic tractors, though they really can't handle what what the MS mod on 17 can. Tough call, but once in awhile i go back to 15 b/c i think Westbridge Hills is better on there than the mod.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

In my opinion fs17 is clearly superior
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

So my friend is what I wanted you to understand jajajaa is better in those aspects 15 dirt more realistic and the most real tractors engines and suspension in the tires although if there were mods in the 15 ufff would be great even more
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

redglasses wrote:In my opinion fs17 is clearly superior
Well that if it is true is superior but if they only left those two factors in the 17 of the most realistic dirt and sound of the engines and the super suspension in the tires is seen as rising and falling in the perfections of the ground in Change notice that in 17 the suspension is as more rigid but like that of blow as if it were frozen or not but it is more super in the 15 besides that without mods one ase the dirty work and it costs much more jejejeje but I respect your decision Of course I play both
Methane Man

Post by Methane Man »

Thank you to all those that have replied thus far. It is a tough decision still. I guess if there was a mod or map that would give me the FS15 experience on FS17, I would just save my money and work that map on FS17. But with the Complete Edition of FS15 being $20, it makes it a more difficult decision either way. I guess I'd better figure it out soon though, there is only 10 hours left in this sale.

Am I correct in understanding that they release a new version for PC (and consoles now) every other year? I noticed in mobile app stores that there are more versions, even years that there is not a version made for PC or consoles. It has left me a bit confused.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Odd numbers for pc and consoles, even for mobile. And in my opinion, if you have 17 don't buy 15
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer