Mods

DanimalBVB

Mods

Post by DanimalBVB »

Every day we hear about lots and lots of cool mods that are now in testing yet we go days and days without mods and when we do get any it's small stuff like bale forks etc. If all these maps and mods are really in testing, why do we never see them? They're always in testing. Yes I understand that some mods fail testing and therefore don't get released but still
eric21

Re: Mods

Post by eric21 »

Actually we have seen lots of quality mods recently from Black sheep modding and CD models among others. Some mods are more detailed to test than smaller ones, so I suspect it will be awhile before quality mods come out
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Several reasons. They might fail right away, there might be smaller problems with them or - and that happens quite often as well - they are 'in testing' but our QA team couldnt to a proper test right away for some reason. 'In testing' means they are on one of our test systems, that does not always mean someone is sitting there playing it at that very minute. Sometimes things take the time off the QA team and testing takes longer (like gamescom for example. With only 5 days left they need to make sure everything works as it should).

So yeah testing can take several days sometimes, but it will be done eventually.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Or there all just being released to PC :frown:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

I always look at the small things like bale forks, trailers and 3m cultivators as people getting there mod count up and for some as there debut to modding. I dont know if thats always the case but for some i think it is and everyone has to start somewhere.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya I guess I've never thought of it like that before. It would be cool if someone could make a empty pallet with a strap to haul small logs like fire wood pallets, and to move attachment around too
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Bsm little joskin 3pt hitch trailer! I frequently throw that dude on and cut a tree for 'firewood' and sell it.