Farming simulator 17 Platinum edition

DanimalBVB

Farming simulator 17 Platinum edition

Post by DanimalBVB »

Just curious to know how many of you are planning to buy the platinum edition? At first I was against buying it but I've warmed to it and I'm thinking about getting it. I just get hung up on the thought of paying basically so much for a game I already have with a few extra features
RODHA

Re: Farming simulator 17 Platinum edition

Post by RODHA »

I have done it back in November 2016.

Getting the seasons pass was the most profitable investment I've ever done on a game.
PS5 / FS22
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I have a seasons pass so I will get it for free...but... I have become quite disillusioned with farm sim of late as it just can't seem to hold my attention anymore, the plow, cultivate, sow, harvest, rinse, repeat grind... there just isn't enough in the game to do and there isn't enough places to do it.... this game needs way more depth to it.

The platinum release comes out in November... that "MAY" be exciting but I bet the map is another low grade, AI optimized rectangle fest with 10% of the realism that some of the great mod maps that have been released have. Its sad... I looked so forward to FS17 after logging many hours in FS13 and FS15... but in that time period other games have become WAY better... Giants have managed to just remain average. The modding contest was a joke... we have hardly seen a thing from it... for example there were 23 map submissions to the contest...wanna guess how many we have seen on console ?...yeah...thats right... ZERO.

Everyone...enjoy what's left of your summer....have a good one..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
garyst

Post by garyst »

I'm for sure going to get it. Very excited to grow sugarcane. Looking forward to seeing what new implements there will be too. *thumbsup*
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

cr41g_1965 wrote:I have a seasons pass so I will get it for free...but... I have become quite disillusioned with farm sim of late as it just can't seem to hold my attention anymore, the plow, cultivate, sow, harvest, rinse, repeat grind... there just isn't enough in the game to do and there isn't enough places to do it.... this game needs way more depth to it.

The platinum release comes out in November... that "MAY" be exciting but I bet the map is another low grade, AI optimized rectangle fest with 10% of the realism that some of the great mod maps that have been released have. Its sad... I looked so forward to FS17 after logging many hours in FS13 and FS15... but in that time period other games have become WAY better... Giants have managed to just remain average. The modding contest was a joke... we have hardly seen a thing from it... for example there were 23 map submissions to the contest...wanna guess how many we have seen on console ?...yeah...thats right... ZERO.

Everyone...enjoy what's left of your summer....have a good one..
Do animals, ITS A RIDE THAT NEVER ENDS :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I am definitely buying Platinum Edition.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

I will be getting the DLC; I'd like to try the sugar cane and get the new equipment.

I won't be buying the whole game over again, though, just getting the DLC upgrade.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Consoles only got two mods out of the entire contest at all.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Princeguardian wrote:Consoles only got two mods out of the entire contest at all.
Whoops wrong thread I guess?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

I may skip this. I dont need new map plus new crop. I might buy that 3th party dlc tho. It adds more the production chain that this.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

It seems everyone has mixed feelings for this, honestly, i want it, but before i get it, ill have to watch YouTube videos on it before i get it, ill be using equipment and vehicles I've never seen before, yes, but what will the map look like? What other things will there be in this pack? Thats my question, i want to make sure my money is worth it.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

redglasses wrote:
Princeguardian wrote:Consoles only got two mods out of the entire contest at all.
Whoops wrong thread I guess?
no...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

No my response was to above mentioned no maps out of the 23 or 24 maps for mod contest. What i was saying was that out of the mod contest in which console players were to get 'some' of the mods only 2 mods have made it thus far. Now those two mods azurit and bromar aren't even on contest pages anymore. Contest pages list 58 mods made, add the two there is 60. So out of 60 mods consoles got 2, which makes it 3.33 percent. Lets just say 4 percent. So when members say the console people are holding back the pc crowd now you have it. Consoles get 4 percent of what pc crowd gets.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

It has been disappointing for consoles regarding the mod contest. I'm guessing most of those had scripts of some sort and the map makers never considered a console release.
Really not sure about the dlc. I want the new crop and machinery but not a fan of Giants maps. All square fields aren't my thing. Hoping it has a lot of content.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

:biggrin2: On a funny note 4 percent is roughly the time an average worker spend on bathroom break during a day so you could say that in the mod contest console players got well manured on. :mrgreen:

Sorry bad humor i know.