Worker stopping short

mh1023

Worker stopping short

Post by mh1023 »

I've seen this on 4 maps to this point on console since release and it's still happening as of last night on Goldcrest. The hired help leaves one row of crops on each side on big and small fields without obstruction. Does anyone know if a fix is in the works? Thanks!
ErwinR55

Re: Worker stopping short

Post by ErwinR55 »

Yes, there are obstructions next to the field. It thinks it has to be able to do one more path next to the fields border, and if there is an object, it stops
Very very very annoying. One way to keep it simple, is to start on one end of the field, make a row or two by worker, then place him on the other end of the field and start from there. It will finish without problems.
PS4 player
mh1023

Post by mh1023 »

ErwinR55 wrote:Yes, there are obstructions next to the field. It thinks it has to be able to do one more path next to the fields border, and if there is an object, it stops
Very very very annoying. One way to keep it simple, is to start on one end of the field, make a row or two by worker, then place him on the other end of the field and start from there. It will finish without problems.
Man, like Field 25, if he's picking up an obstruction that far away on Goldcrest Valley #25 don't you think that should be fixed? I don't remember this to be the case on '15. I can understand a tree or a fence just yards away but this obstruction is a good distance away. And I've had this happen on other maps too, sometimes the obstruction is a stone you can navigate easily. Thanks though!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Work in a head land before you start the worker
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Farmer2B

Post by Farmer2B »

what is a head land?
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Believe me, if the worker finds something in his way a full machine width NEXT to the current machine width's path, he will be blocked. Field 25 on Goldcrest has very small borders with obstructions on the sides pretty close to the field.

See also my complaint about it directly after the change long time ago:
viewtopic.php?f=936&t=108971&p=850261&h ... er#p850261
PS4 player
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Go around he field with what ever tool your using, once twice even three times depending on the size and turning radius of the tool
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
mh1023

Post by mh1023 »

redglasses wrote:Go around he field with what ever tool your using, once twice even three times depending on the size and turning radius of the tool
I've been doing this for some time, I understand the fields on Chellington or Old Farm that are beautiful for small farm work and DYI. But the fields on GCV are big fields and pretty square and these obstructions should be manageable in my view. Thanks!
mh1023

Post by mh1023 »

ErwinR55 wrote:Believe me, if the worker finds something in his way a full machine width NEXT to the current machine width's path, he will be blocked. Field 25 on Goldcrest has very small borders with obstructions on the sides pretty close to the field.

See also my complaint about it directly after the change long time ago:
viewtopic.php?f=936&t=108971&p=850261&h ... er#p850261
Thanks!
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

mh1023 wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:Yes, there are obstructions next to the field. It thinks it has to be able to do one more path next to the fields border, and if there is an object, it stops
Man, like Field 25, if he's picking up an obstruction that far away on Goldcrest Valley #25 don't you think that should be fixed? I don't remember this to be the case on '15. I can understand a tree or a fence just yards away but this obstruction is a good distance away. And I've had this happen on other maps too, sometimes the obstruction is a stone you can navigate easily. Thanks though!
I have bug reported it with two maps atleast. Answer was something like "its working fine, no fix" its really annoying.