Follow the manosaurus !

Goose66

Follow the manosaurus !

Post by Goose66 »

So I too went and bought a pc after a recent thread by the aforementioned. I've played fs for 8 or 9 months on console and loved every minute. But recently it has become too repetitive. Played most of the maps and only loved 3 or 4. I needed more to do basically.
And I have to admit, the pc stuff has blown me away. After putting off making a decision whether to get a pc, I am very glad I did today.
I know they cost a lot, but if you can afford one, get one. It will change the game. God, Seasons too !
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
PrincessJessi84

Re: Follow the manosaurus !

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

oh boy.. u done opened a can of worms.. lots of console players seem to take offence at the mere suggestion of buying a pc to get more out of the game.. mano gets away with it because people r afraid of being bit by the dinosaur but idk if that same lvl of intimidation comes from a goose by my guess is no :lol: but yea get ready to catch some flack from die hard console users
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

No one will turn me over, ever!
PS4 player
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

the concept of pis.sing away money on a PC just to play a game that lets be honest really needs a new game engine and to be more engaging is foreign to me ... but if you are happy... more power to you.. enjoy

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Lol Jessi. Well I love my consoles still and will never put any user down whatever they play on. But I wanted more play from the game, simple as. I can take the flak.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Exactly it cr4. Needed to be more engaging for me. And there are a lot of other games that I can try out too.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
PrincessJessi84

please don't take me the wrong way.. I'm not knocking console users.. as I have said many times over.. to each their own.. if I wanted to knock console users I wouldn't be so subtle.. I aint shy lol.. and yea I understand your sentiment craig.. for just a single game it really is a lot of money to kick out.. especially if u don't intend on using the pc for anything work related or anything like that.. for me it was an easy choice just from a gaming perspective.. I love simulator games.. and hands down pc has the simulator market on lock.. console has very few simulator games as opposed to the dozens upon dozens of quality simulator games on pc.. I had my xbone for several years and only picked up a handful of games that I really liked.. ive had my pc for about 6 months I think and have a slew of games and some of them were free and very few of them cost more than $20
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

I have the option to play fs on my pc I have 13 somewhere in the depths. I chosen ps4 just for a change of pace so I can just chill out on the big T.V. and do my stuff. Don't get me wrong I have over 200 games on stream so I make the most of my pc. I might get fs19 on the lappy or pc I'll wait and see.

All in all its what you make out of the game and being 600 hours in I'm not bored yet.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Frantic Farmer wrote:I have the option to play fs on my pc I have 13 somewhere in the depths. I chosen ps4 just for a change of pace so I can just chill out on the big T.V. and do my stuff. Don't get me wrong I have over 200 games on stream so I make the most of my pc. I might get fs19 on the lappy or pc I'll wait and see.

All in all its what you make out of the game and being 600 hours in I'm not bored yet.
Lucky you. I was bored from the start.But I love this effin game and cant get enough of it.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

I got into a fist fight with a goose in Texas. Geese are not to be messed with.

And all these people that say consoles for tv. I've got my pc hooked to my tv thru the HDMI port. It's no different than the console.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've said it many times before, I played FS2011, 2013, and 15 on PC. I never had a PC good enough to run graphics higher than "low" or "medium", but I was able to use any mod I wanted to with silky-smooth FPS. I'm now on console. I enjoy the game on console just fine and probably have more hours on 17 than any of the others. On PC, I spent a good portion of time trying out/editing mods to the point that I wasn't really playing the game, just playing with mods. I've actually played and enjoyed 17 the most.

That being said, if you have a decent-enough machine to run the graphics at or above console level with good FPS, there's no comparison. There are just limitless possibilities with the PC version. Seasons alone would be worth it. I'm just not ready to sink the $$$ into a PC when I know I'll only be using it for gaming. I am close though... I would love to get into some more simulators (specifically train simulators). But it's summer right now and I spend more time outside than I do on the Xbox.

I'm almost ready to take the plunge into PC gaming, but I've got other more important things going on right now. If I do make the switch, I plan on sticking to Giants' modhub mods only, as they seem to be the most error-free, non-game crashing mods available (been there, done that).

TL;DR The game is great on console and I'm happy with my purchase, but the PC version is the only way to get the fullest experience out of it.

And +1 to the PC plugged into the TV. That's how I did it when I was playing on PC. Even used an Xbox controller with a wireless keyboard.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

It' was the same for me Fenix. Never been a PC gamer, always console. But I love FS that much that decided to take the plunge. No keypad for me though. Xbox one controller all day lol. Plugged in to a tv too. I got a mid range pc and it works great. Through a 4K tv, looks amazing.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
PrincessJessi84

when u get into using certain mods u will need your keyboard as the controls for a lot of these mods r not able to be mapped to a controller and even if they r there just aren't enough buttons on a controller
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yeah found a few already Jessi
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
ketatrypt

Post by ketatrypt »

Best part about PC IMHO is the oppurtunity to modify the mods to suit your tastes. Is there a building in your way? Delete. Gone! Snowmaps not to your liking? 15 mins of editing later, and you have perfect snow maps. Want to adjust vehicle stats? a quick hop into the xml, and its done.

There is just infinite possibilities when you have easy access to GE, and your mods.