Am I the only one?

rody12

Am I the only one?

Post by rody12 »

Am I the only one who is struggling to find a map to play? I tried almost all of the console maps and I still cant find one that keeps me playing on it for more then like 20 hours. It's really frustrating
Xbox Series X
John Deere
cr41g_1965

Re: Am I the only one?

Post by cr41g_1965 »

thats because the game doesnt have enough to do.. its not the maps faults... its rinse repeat for field work and even the animals are not that hard to take care of... there just isn't enough to do... it would be nice if we could build in stages and not instant plant new buildings... and businesses would be nice that we could build to take crops, wood, manure etc...to make other things to sell...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

I try most of the maps that have square fields but I almost always end up back on Sosnovka<sp?>. Lots of long, narrow, flat fields in a variety of sizes.

I switch things up sometimes by limiting the equipment I use. I'm currently doing Sosnovka using 3 small tractors (forget the type at the moment, starts with an L). The tractors can be customized with dual wheels and colors even though they're only like 102hp but they can use the 4 meter planter from the base game and the 4 meter cultivator from the Kuhn DLC. It's kind of an experiment in the economy of scale. More small tractors instead of big tractors and planters that are hugely expensive. Add another field, add another tractor. I'll double up on harvesters when I get more money.

I wonder how many helpers I can have on the Xbox. I'll have to look it up.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Don't know man. I've been at it for 5 years and haven't gotten bored enough to quit playing the game completely. I take breaks, of course. I usually put 100-200 hours on a map before I'm ready for a change in scenery. I went from Lawfolds to Old Stream and now I'm back to Lawfolds. (Currently waiting on The West Coast and BSM's: The Valley)

I'm totally with the "building in stages". I wish you could build/expand/buy your animal areas instead of them just being there for free. I'm not too keen on expanding the "industries" to the point where that is all I'm focused on. I just want to farm. But anything that adds to the experience would always be welcomed.

To the OP: What are you expecting in a map? I had 100+ hours on Goldcrest Valley and I've never really liked that map. It took that long until Coldborough Park Farms came out and I made the switch. We have a decent variety available for the lowly consoles. We have the small-scale/old-school stuff like Old Streams and Lossberg all the way to the Mega-Farms like Lawfolds and Mustang Valley Ranch. It could be that the game just isn't for you right now.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
rody12

Post by rody12 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:thats because the game doesnt have enough to do.. its not the maps faults... its rinse repeat for field work and even the animals are not that hard to take care of... there just isn't enough to do... it would be nice if we could build in stages and not instant plant new buildings... and businesses would be nice that we could build to take crops, wood, manure etc...to make other things to sell...
Yeah that sounds fair
Xbox Series X
John Deere
RogueWraith909

Post by RogueWraith909 »

Magnarex wrote:I try most of the maps that have square fields but I almost always end up back on Sosnovka<sp?>. Lots of long, narrow, flat fields in a variety of sizes.

I switch things up sometimes by limiting the equipment I use. I'm currently doing Sosnovka using 3 small tractors (forget the type at the moment, starts with an L). The tractors can be customized with dual wheels and colors even though they're only like 102hp but they can use the 4 meter planter from the base game and the 4 meter cultivator from the Kuhn DLC. It's kind of an experiment in the economy of scale. More small tractors instead of big tractors and planters that are hugely expensive. Add another field, add another tractor. I'll double up on harvesters when I get more money.

I wonder how many helpers I can have on the Xbox. I'll have to look it up.
It's a Lindner tractor, I do exactly the same thing but I usually have a MAN truck for the heavy hauling when I'm ready to sell things. I normally have three tractors and one combine to start then as things get more complex I add the correct equipment. I also limit myself to using non fertilizing planting equipment where possible or just don't load fertilizer in them if I can't. Makes things more challenging if you do all of that on hard too with the aim being to make the bank balance go over 1,000,000 but not stressing about things too much. I also liked playing with friends with this mode, it confused them at first but then they found that doing this actually means there's almost always something to do.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya I find 20-30 hours being my breaking point, I've played gold crest and chellington for over 40 hours each but that's it, I'm on Thornton right now doing a 200 cow operation, just about to get into pigs, and raise the cows up to 300 ish
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

20-30 hours, sjeejsh that's only 5 days of gaming lol.

I've done now 100 hours on goldcrest, then got over to chellington, 400 hours, then did some old farm 80 hours, and now westbridge hills 200 hours and just getting started :P
PS4 player
Waynethetech

Post by Waynethetech »

I'm currently using the chellington map but I am thinking of using coldborough park farm I like building a farm from nothing and making it awesome and then start a new one
Fresh off the plow on PS4
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

I'm a PC player mostly, but I still think Westbridge Hills is the best map ever and that is pretty much all I play now on PC and PS4.

On my main game on PC I am playing completely legit, and I am not using many mods either, except the BSM tipper. I do use Courseplay, but only for chasing my combines while I fertilise and cultivate etc.
I have the Big Bud DLC and Kuhn DLC as well.

I like the way that hired workers work all the fields on Westbridge hills quite easily, and there is a nice range of field sizes for when I feel like doing missions.
Also I like the hills on the map, it forces me to use the larger 4x4 tractors more that I haven't really used before playing on flatter maps. That means the game is slower to progress which I like, since I have to spend so much more money on vehicle running costs, and I have to buy big tractors so I need to save up money a lot more.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

My opinion after at least 2000hrs, slow down. Just do what you do slowly. Digest what you do, enjoy a simple task instead of playing like you are going to save the world, etc... just slow down and do the usual things with different ways and equipment. Use all the mods even if they all do the same. It is way way more fun :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I'm not necessarily having a hard time sticking to a map, I''m having a hard time getting off of GCV. I love the look of all these other maps, but I like where I'm at with GCV, but I don't want to cheat. But I also want seasons compatibility, so I'm not sure.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
rody12

Post by rody12 »

Currently I'm trying to actually get some more hours on Coldborough. Went from Goldcrest to Lossberg, to Old Stream which was a really fun map to play on so I may return to it, from Old Stream to Drumard, from Drumard to Coldborough, from Coldborough to American Outback and from American Outback to Sandy Bay. So yeah, I've tried almost all of them. But as Craig (I guess thats his name) already said, the maps are fine but the game gets repetable as there's not much variation in jobs etc.

Guess I have to find a way to make me wanna stay playing on 1 map and not switching every 20-30 hours. It'll be a challenge :lol:
Xbox Series X
John Deere
PsychoFarmer

Post by PsychoFarmer »

I've just come back to FS after about 5-8 weeks rest and just could not find a mod farm, so a started a little story for my character that he does not own any farms and jumping from mod map to mod map has added to his story now because of some bad luck he in Sosnovka and owns the cheapest MF mod tractor and managed to buy abit of grassland off of the conglomerate and get a deal with access to the BGA ... to get use to sheep,pig, cows and the farm I have to buy them and I can only lease basic equipment that has a sell value under 10k and I'm really enjoying it. If I want more land have to buy it and to do Logging have to buy a area of trees and replace every tree.
Console: PS4 FS19 Felsbrunn ... UK
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

My first map got crashy about 285hrs.
My new map is at 100+.

I'm new(ish) at the game. I still haven't played with all the equipment yet. I find it interesting.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)