yield changing

Shyboy

yield changing

Post by Shyboy »

Hi
how would someone go about changing the yield on crop in fs17.
JohnDeere318

Re: yield changing

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I don't think you can, but I could be mistaken.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Maybe go into the files and change it so each fertilizer state adds 100% then go into game and spread 3 coats of fertilizer, boom 300% yield, this just might work, I'm not sure though
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
DarrenK

Post by DarrenK »

I'm copying a post of mine from AEM last year before 17 came out, so this is for the system we use in North America. Hopefully that's where you're at, otherwise there will be more conversions involved from bushels and acres.

Until this week, I've usually adjusted my yield values to what felt right to play with, but I finally wanted to figure out what the values need to be set to for exact yields in bushels per acre that are had in the real world, so I took a quick run through the math and verified the results in the game. I'm not sure why I didn't do this in the past. Some may have already figured this out for personal use, but since I haven't found this covered anywhere, here you go.

In short, to determine what yield you want set for a given crop, divide that number by 114.84 to get the liter per square meter value in a non-fertilized state. If you like to do fertilizing in the game, then you will want to divide this final number by 2, as we know fertilizer doubles the yield.

The math:
The game uses liters per square meter for its yield measurement
4046.85 square meters = 1 acre
35.24 liters = 1 bushel
therefore
1 liter per square meter = 114.84 bu/ac

Some common examples (again, divide these by 2 if you want to do the fertilizer step.)
2.18 l/Sq m = 250 bu/ac
1.96 l/Sq m = 225 bu/ac
1.74 l/Sq m = 200 bu/ac
1.31 l/Sq m = 150 bu/ac
0.87 l/Sq m = 100 bu/ac
0.78 l/Sq m = 90 bu/ac
0.70 l/Sq m = 80 bu/ac
0.61 l/Sq m = 70 bu/ac
0.52 l/Sq m = 60 bu/ac
0.44 l/Sq m = 50 bu/ac

I'm guessing these would be the 100% values for the soil mod, but having not used that quite yet, I can't confirm.

Game's default yields (unfertilized)
You might be interested in knowing the yields GIANTS has set, but since the default values the game uses are hidden and coded into the game engine (to my knowledge), I harvested an acre in the game. I was expecting more unrealistic values.

+/- 3 bu/ac
Wheat - 137 bu/ac
Barley - 125 bu/ac
Canola - 69 bu/ac
Corn - 136 bu/ac

Where to set the yields
Assuming you're using a map mod, the easiest step is to paste the following lines into the map's SampleModMap.lua file:

FruitUtil.fruitTypes.rape.literPerSqm = 0.28;
FruitUtil.fruitTypes.maize.literPerSqm = 0.87;
FruitUtil.fruitTypes.wheat.literPerSqm = 0.37;
FruitUtil.fruitTypes.barley.literPerSqm = 0.41;
(and so on for other crops, if used)

Paste the above after the following map i3d line, which is usually (perhaps all the time?) at line 38:
self:loadMap(Utils.getFilename("map/map01.i3d", self.baseDirectory), true, self.loadCareerMap01Finished, self);

This also works with FS 17, though its LUA file is more abbreviated. Simply paste the lines anywhere before the end line. Divide your intended yield value by three if you do the 3-step fertilization.

If you play on any of the standard maps, then you can download the following script and adjust the values accordingly: https://www.modhoster.com/mods/ertrags-script--3

The above values are what I'm currently running. I have canola inflated a bit, as a real world 30-40 bu/ac would be pretty painful for gaming purposes, but I typically don't grow it anyway.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

DarrenK wrote:I'm copying a post of mine from AEM last year before 17 came out, so this is for the system we use in North America. Hopefully that's where you're at, otherwise there will be more conversions involved from bushels and acres.
DarrenK, thank you for the information. Unfortunately I fail to locate any of the files you mention for changing the yield setting (e.g. SampleModMap.lua). Sofar I have tried to use the Ertrag mod, but it will not give the yield I have specified. So I'm in doubt, whether I'm using it incorrectly or if it doesn't work on Mod maps or is in conflict with Seasons. You mention that the yield number is for non-fertilized fields. Do you know, if you also have to divide the yield numbers in Ertrag.lua by 3 if you fertilize 3 times?
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
DarrenK

Post by DarrenK »

Though I haven't downloaded that many mod maps, every one that I've seen has a SampleModMap.lua in it. I'm not sure what map you use, but that ertrags script should have the same effect, though I haven't used it. If you can't tell if your changes are having an effect, try changing a value to something crazy like 5 or higher and see if your harvester fills up super fast. And yes, even for that script, you would want to divide your value by three if you plan to do all three fertilization steps.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

kahfs wrote:
DarrenK wrote:I'm copying a post of mine from AEM last year before 17 came out, so this is for the system we use in North America. Hopefully that's where you're at, otherwise there will be more conversions involved from bushels and acres.
DarrenK, thank you for the information. Unfortunately I fail to locate any of the files you mention for changing the yield setting (e.g. SampleModMap.lua). Sofar I have tried to use the Ertrag mod, but it will not give the yield I have specified. So I'm in doubt, whether I'm using it incorrectly or if it doesn't work on Mod maps or is in conflict with Seasons. You mention that the yield number is for non-fertilized fields. Do you know, if you also have to divide the yield numbers in Ertrag.lua by 3 if you fertilize 3 times?
Have now more experience with the Ertrag mod and can answer my own question. The crop yield specified in ertrag is the base yield, you will get without ploughing or fertilizing. If you plough and fertilize 3 times the base yield will increase (10 + 30 + 30 + 30 ) 100%, i.e to the double of the base yield. I insist that my fields should be ploughed and fertilized three times to get a realistic yield, so the yield parameters I enter into Ertrag are all divided by 2, except for straw, for which fertilizing should have no effect.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)