{Farming Simulator} (Suggestions & Ideas) Irrigation System

ShadowXReaper069

{Farming Simulator} (Suggestions & Ideas) Irrigation System

Post by ShadowXReaper069 »

Hello, :hi:

I've got an idea for an Irrigation System for Farming Simulator that can be implemented into future games.
I can not submit an image I created for an illustration of the idea given. I will see if I can submit it after I post this topic.

The Irrigation System will be a Placable object you can place on a field that you own (Even if it is not a field). When in Placement mode, you will be given options for different Irrigation parts (Extension for the Irrigation Tower, if you don't mind if I get the name wrong), but if you want to add an extra part from the choices below, it will add an extension piece as chosen, which will extend the length of the Irrigation System for each piece you add or you could remove a piece if you so choose to.

Regarding the parts for an extension of the Irrigation System, you can add is an ordinary piece that would extend the Irrigation System (If that piece is included at the end of the Irrigation System, there will be a fertilizer gun that will extend the length of reach for fertilizer to reach the corners of fields if your Irrigation System can't be at a higher length without objects getting in the way that can limit you from buying the Irrigation System). End pieces that vary from different designs for the end of the Irrigation System that includes the fertilizer gun for the fertilizer extension that if a extra piece needs to be add that needs to be shorter than the rest of the pieces of the Irrigation System such as the same as the rest that only includes a short to a long extension pipe with the fertilizer gun at the end or the same ones, but it is only positioned to the left or right from where the rest of the pieces of the Irrigation System is pointing (If you know what I am talking about, I'll send you an image if you need to know what Irrigation Part I'm talking about).

Apart from that (If I can get the image I created included on here), for the image I created, if the Irrigation System is extended to the range showed, the green represents the length for the Irrigation System if the length meets to the green, it shows where the Irrigation System collides from where the Tower was place without any collision, such as: Trees, Buildings, and other Placable Objects that might get in the way from the Irrigation System's path. Even if there is collision with other Objects in the path of the Irrigation System, you can include two metal fences (Optional) that glides in a line of the reach of the Irrigation System's path, meaning that it can not be placed anywhere apart from the path where the Irrigation System reaches (It must be edited if a part is added or removed after being placed) this is for when the Irrigation System's path can only reach to a specific reach before it ends up directing towards collision (Showed in red), now which will prompt you to add two metal fences which will stop the Irrigation System from moving into any collision in both directions, which is why you would need two metal fences for this. Also, the yellow represents the two metal fences placed.

Now, you can always go to the Irrigation Tower, and edit the range where the Irrigation will fertilize, even if there is no collision, you can turn on the Irrigation System to only fertilize half of the field if you wanted instead of fertilizing the entire field, and same goes with the fertilizer gun (Which is showed in blue). You can always go to the shop, garage for what you own, and edit an Irrigation System selected from varies of Irrigation System's placed. Whether it is adding or removing a part of the Irrigation System or removing metal fences if there is no collision (Not available for removing if there is collision, unless it is just for editing the placement for the two metal fences that are placed). Whenever you place an Irrigation System, one part will always be included that is part of the Tower if no parts gets added.

If I forget to add more information about this, I will update the topic as soon as possible. I will see if I can include the image I created on this topic as soon as I can. :search:

If you have any questions regarding this topic, I will answer the best as I can.

Image: https://imgur.com/a/471r7
Last edited by ShadowXReaper069 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
:hi: The Legend that will give you the chills
Jwolfm3

Re: {Farming Simulator} (Suggestions & Ideas) Irrigation System

Post by Jwolfm3 »

I always wonder why these never made it in the base game
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Wait, are you making this? Cause that'd be awesome to have
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Thing is, that isn't realistic. You pull the pivots around. Not set them up in one place and leave them forever
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I read enough books in school. But irrigation sounds cool.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Kieran583

Post by Kieran583 »

FordFarmer97 wrote:Thing is, that isn't realistic. You pull the pivots around. Not set them up in one place and leave them forever
Totally depends on how you plan on using it. There are two type of pivots there's the centre pivot which are fixed in place and don't move or a lateral pivot which can run up, then stop, pivot around, then go back down again. These last ones can be towed from field to field if you need to
Trucker and farmer for life *thumbsup*
Just joined the PC fraternity :gamer:
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Okay, I don't know all that much about em
#LimeGreenPower
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
Kieran583

Post by Kieran583 »

^^^ All good. I got a rude awakening on them
when my truck clipped one a few years
ago
Trucker and farmer for life *thumbsup*
Just joined the PC fraternity :gamer:
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Oh boy.
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

I think this is what you are talking about... A Center Pivot irrigation system that moves in a circular pattern... That are very heavily used in the western USA... The following pictures are capable of covering upwards of 180 acre circles, but can be much smaller.

http://valleyproirrigation.com/wp-conte ... d-Sign.jpg

http://www.vitalservicios.com.ar/upload ... k=6x7lWelw
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
sundownchevy

Post by sundownchevy »

Just chiming in on this, Someone is currently trying to get a pivot system to work. So far has it in-game and watering/fertilizing but is having some problems. I guess it's safe to say that it's a WIP Not sure if the final product will be a placeable object or bought in sections and physically moved to the desired location.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

dude pivot systems are so cool
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Until you have to drive through the pivot tracks
PS4 player
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^lol, that would be a pain
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ShadowXReaper069

Post by ShadowXReaper069 »

Smith Modding wrote:Wait, are you making this? Cause that'd be awesome to have

No, since I'm not a modder yet, and don't know how to make an Irrigation System mod. I can't make one, sorry for the inconvenience.
:hi: The Legend that will give you the chills