Wood falling thru map

ketatrypt

Wood falling thru map

Post by ketatrypt »

Had a few pieces of wood fall thru the map, and I am wondering if there is a point they will self-delete. I am worried that they are falling for eternity, and that future incidents can lead to lag in the future.

So, do they get removed/scrubbed from the game at a certain point, and if they don't, is there a manual way for me to scrub such rogue objects?
b101uk

Re: Wood falling thru map

Post by b101uk »

assuming they have fallen through the ground and continued to fall they reach a point where they will delete.

you can check, by enabling the console and development controls to "true" in the game.xml which is in the root folder where all your save files for FS17 are, then using F4 once in-game to turn on/off wireframe mode, allowing you to see through the ground, while F5 can be useful for finding invisible bits of wood which still have collisions present bit no visual part to them, and both are good for finding stumps and other small bits of wood in long grass. (this is assuming your using PC and maybe Mac - not sure of the methods for Xbox/PS4)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
novass

Post by novass »

I wonder the same thing. .only I am on console?...Thanks Chris
ketatrypt

Post by ketatrypt »

yea, the pieces that I saw fell thru the map in wireframe, and they got to a point where they dissapeared, but I was not sure if it was actually removed, or if it just went past the draw distance.

Good to know tho. I am about to start a somewhat major logging operation to clear some land (and make some cash) so it was an issue I was worried about, considering how easy it is to accidentally clip the smaller 'logs' thru.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ketatrypt wrote:Had a few pieces of wood fall thru the map, and I am wondering if there is a point they will self-delete. I am worried that they are falling for eternity, and that future incidents can lead to lag in the future.

So, do they get removed/scrubbed from the game at a certain point, and if they don't, is there a manual way for me to scrub such rogue objects?
I'm not a modder but as far as I know maps are comprised of layers on top of each other.
If I'm not mistaken this means your logs might have just fallen onto the below layer and I don't think they will create lag problems in the future.
PS5 / FS22
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

RODHA wrote:
ketatrypt wrote:Had a few pieces of wood fall thru the map, and I am wondering if there is a point they will self-delete. I am worried that they are falling for eternity, and that future incidents can lead to lag in the future.

I'm not a modder but as far as I know maps are comprised of layers on top of each other.
If I'm not mistaken this means your logs might have just fallen onto the below layer and I don't think they will create lag problems in the future.
badly made third party maps sometimes have significant mesh layers under the main one, which is the low-res mesh that makes up "distant" terrain beyond the playable map edge bounds.

but on these maps, its often the case you can drive/walk off edge the map-proper and fall or go onto this lower mesh.

I use "badly made" in the context of not deleting mesh that is otherwise never seen rather than in the context of the visual and other elements, so good maps can still be badly made in this context.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Kyle22H

Post by Kyle22H »

I've had this happen a few times on console playing on GCV. At the main farm I cut a couple trees down with a chainsaw and as I was cutting them up, literally 3/4 of the trees would just sink into the terrain and dissapear. Never had any lag issues later on though, just saddened because I couldn't get those wood chips :lol:
Playing on Xbox One and PC (Not cool enough to play both at the same time though) Fendt everything
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Is your game updated?

I havent had this issue since the first or second patch.
PC gamer.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Ya I thought they fixed this after one of the first packages
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Kyle22H

Post by Kyle22H »

Beastbubba wrote:Is your game updated?

I havent had this issue since the first or second patch.
I haven't had it happen for awhile now, guess I should have said that. I also haven't tried to recreate the issue either so not sure if it even still does it, I just remember it happening a few times.
Playing on Xbox One and PC (Not cool enough to play both at the same time though) Fendt everything
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya at the start it was funny, trees would fall straight through the map :lol: :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer