Favorite map?

Smith Modding

Re: Favorite map?

Post by Smith Modding »

It's around that here, like $59.99, while a logitech is $20, so I'll take the logitech :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Charlie Bean

Post by Charlie Bean »

Thanks for asking! My favorite map is a newer one called "The West Coast". Breath taking scenery packed with enough challenge to keep you on your toes. Runs error free on my system. 5 star thumbs up to BullettBill83! *thumbsup*
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Chellington, Thornton and Drummard are my favorites. I have a bit of an issue on maps where the map maker tries to decide for me in various ways, how I want to play the map, Also I don't like maps where the layout enforces a great deal of inefficiency: (1) long driving distance between farms and temporary storage and buy/sell points, (2) entry to fields are obscure. On these maps I find myself spending more time driving on the road than in the fields. However, most maps have things I like, and things I hate. So it is all a balance.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

BulletBill and OxygenDavid's maps are the best. The attention to detail is what makes them and what makes me keep playing the game. I don't want to openly dis other people's efforts but I'm not a huge fan of those generic drag and drop maps that we've had a lot of recently on console.

Out of the other maps on console I like Drummard. I didn't know that was that guys first map, its a really good effort, realistic with great detailing and is a nice size if you prefer something smaller.

Recently I've gone back to playing on Lawfolds. It doesn't quite have the attention to detail of the other UK maps but its a good map to try the larger equipment. Its a shame it has hedge collisions turned on because otherwise you could have a shot of using the really huge Big Bud gear on it. If you half close your eyes you could pretend the map is actually set in America somewhere. Unlike the other UK maps its not massively obviously a British map.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

You can use Big Bud on Lawfolds.

Once you get an implement in a field it tends to stay there though. Build a shelter for it on one of the large headlands near the field.

I got a Seedhawk combo and a Big Bud 747 in a field that I thought was impossible to.

I used a Telehandler and a Forklift to lift the Seedhawk over the fence, and then once I got the Big Bud in, I took that tool box mod over and gave it 3 Tire configuration.

LOL

But I am loving Lawfolds.

I play all maps on hard, 3 fert, and plowing on.

But this time I am playing the map totally legit. No AFK windmill farming or selling the same equipment over and over that was patched out from before.

I am on day 4, replaced all starting equipment already, got a small sum of 10 of all animals, taken care of fully, and saving up for another tractor and a Krone for silage.
Last edited by Weasle on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Yeah its getting the Seedhawk through the gate that leeds to fields 23 and 24 that I've not managed. I might give the Telehandler a go though, good tip. Didn't realise it could lift it.

I grassed over field 22 and turned it into a huge secondary farm complex. Its a really good map for customisation Lawfolds. I'm really enjoying it now.

I wish Giants or someone else could do a cement roadway and farmyard texture on console for building a farm so you don't have to have grass as your base.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Basically you approach it on one side with the Forklift, and one side with the telehandler, and you just got to get that one back wheel up high enough that it will pop over the fence.

And that is exactly the same fields I got mine into. I took them from the store, to that gate to the right of the store, popped it right in there.

The lawfolds expert,, masterplan got his in there too.

If I were to put buildings on a field like you have on 22. I would just cultivate it. Just cultivated land looks okay under a building as opposed to growing grass.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Mobias wrote:Yeah its getting the Seedhawk through the gate that leeds to fields 23 and 24 that I've not managed. I might give the Telehandler a go though, good tip. Didn't realise it could lift it.
I had a conversation on here recently about the Seedhawk on Lawfolds. I have around 150 hours on Lawfolds and I had toyed with the Seedhawk some and decided it was impossible on this map. I got told I was wrong, so I gave it another go.

The trick is, to tow the drill and the seed cart separately. To get into the center of the map for 23, 24, etc.. just turn right out of the shop (traffic off) and take the first right through the gate. I've managed to get the beast into all my fields now with relatively little problems. My biggest problem was getting it back to the main farm. Took quite a journey to figure out which route to take. The only "impossible" fields that I'm currently farming that you can't get the Seedhawk to are 6 & 7. So, I placed two ramps strategically to get it and a tractor over a fence and "presto".
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I'll give it another go since its clearly do-able. I used the Seedhawk on one of the big fields of Chellington, just to have a shot of it, though it was clearly totally out of place and unrealistic there.

I actually quite like using that other smaller cart and seeder (can't remember its name), the one you can pull with a Quadtrack. Thats what I've been using so far for those big fields at Lawfolds.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ The Hatzenbichler? That name is half crazy lol
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I like the Hatzenbichler too. BTW, I've had no problem pulling the Seedhawk with the biggest Challenger. Sure, it slows down on the hills, but it does a fine job.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
tuki24ia

Post by tuki24ia »

sosnovka and hagenstedt for a nice nostalgia trip back to 2013.
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

I am really enjoying Golden Days of Farming map using MF Old Generation mod. On a bigger scale, have mostly enjoyed Sandy Bay, but hopefully when West Coast gets the thumbs up for console then that could have a ridiculous amount of hours spent on it.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Yesterday I bought a MT875E to go with the Seed Hawk, but that crawler can't take 180 degree turns with it. Sold it right back and bought my third MT975E to go on the map Mustang Valley Ranch. That pulls if fine on level ground with the MF weight attached also for sharp cornering.
PS4 player
FarmingBear

Post by FarmingBear »

XB1: Lawfolds (my favourite by far!), with Who Dat Who Der challenging for the spot.

Been trying out other maps. Impressed with the effort that went into them, but they just didn't hold my interest for long for a variety of reasons.
Xbox One. Currently working: TVTOF.