planting crops

blackiecat

planting crops

Post by blackiecat »

When starting a new map how do you know what crop to put in each field do you think it would be a good idea to put this into the maps or FS17 then you would know what your doing just like a real farm I know they rotate crops but it would be great if a message comes up to tell you field 19 want's corn and field 22 want's potatoes putting in
don_apple

Re: planting crops

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There is no predefined planting order for the fields, you can plant whatever you want in each field. The game also doesn't care about crop rotation, so if you want to only plant corn over and over you can do that.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Thanks for the reply I still think it should be a option in FS17 to turn on or not it could be a good update for the future put the question out to the members to see what response you get I like games that guide you as if not your just messing about getting nowhere
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

That would take away a lot of the freedom in the game. If you really like guidance in games perhaps this isn't for you, or you could use the prices tab determine what you plant.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

That was just a option you could use it or not I am in a map at the moment it's got 2 fields 1 needs sowing or something putting in another needs the grass cut I have no animals and £18,000 in the bank what do you thinks the best bet here no info what to do or the best way to do it
Guil

Post by Guil »

Soybeans are a safe bet in a big field. Just plant whatever you like but make sure if you do say corn or sunflowers that you have the correct header to harvest them.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

This isn't realistic. IRL, the field doesn't tell you what to plant on it. So probably not.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Been watching Youtube videos and I think the best bet is to go back to Goldcrest Valley and make as much money as I can then move onto a better map looking at this one you would need £100,000 grand to get anywhere on this farm I think that's what there doing on the videos transferring all the money they make onto the next map/farm
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Look at the prices. If one crop's prices are starting to rise, plant a field or two of it. Just avoid planting the same things over and over again, try and rotate it some, or you will drive the prices down
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ya and try to wait till great demands to sell :ubergeek: *thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

redglasses wrote:^^ya and try to wait till great demands to sell :ubergeek: *thumbsup*

Great demands arent all that great in fs17. It is almost rare for them to get the price above a normal high. The only nice thing about them is the price dosent drop after you empty the first tipper, but I usually save/reload just to reset the price when selling multible loads.

Keep an eye on the prices and write down the highs for each crop so you know when is a good time to sell. Or get the Commodity Prices mod if your on pc.
PC gamer.
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

blackiecat wrote:Been watching Youtube videos and I think the best bet is to go back to Goldcrest Valley and make as much money as I can then move onto a better map looking at this one you would need £100,000 grand to get anywhere on this farm I think that's what there doing on the videos transferring all the money they make onto the next map/farm
Just FYI, it sounds like you are under the impression money carries over between maps - it does not.

What map are you trying to play on currently? IRL, fields do not tell you what they want to be planted there, so I do not think anyone wants this "feature" in FS17.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Yeah ChiefScotty420 is right. Nobody wants this feature.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

If you want an easy-to-progress map, try Lawfolds. Huge fields and the crop prices are out of the roof. The only downside is you have to be a fairly skilled driver if you want to maneuver big equipment around the map.

And to add to the above, there are not many people (myself included) that want "guidance" from this game. It's a pure sandbox game, as it should be, and you can plant whatever you want to. Have fun with it and experiment with various farming styles to see which ones suit you.

Shoot, you could plant nothing but grass and have a purely sheep/cow based farm. Sell your combine and just do grass work. The possibilities aren't endless, but there are many ways to play.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Thanks for all your help I know where to come if I get stuck.