Saitek farm-wheel wobbling?

Sir Ironoak

Saitek farm-wheel wobbling?

Post by Sir Ironoak »

Just wondering... If any of you others have tried the Saitek Farm Sim-wheel and noticed it started wobbling after a couple of weeks?

If so... any suggestions to how to solve the problem?
sundownchevy

Re: Saitek farm-wheel wobbling?

Post by sundownchevy »

No advice to give on the wobbling, Many users have said the pedals that come with the Saitek system doesn't feel proper, slides across the floor or carpet. A lot has praised the control panel. And that the panel works on a variety of other games besides Farm Sim. Maybe someone else will chime in and give their thoughts.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Ive read some bad reviews on it. Most saying that it was cheaply designed, which really suprises me. Saitek usually make great products.

I have thought about buying it, but may just buy a good wheel/pedal setup and combine it with my x52...
PC gamer.
XistenZ

Post by XistenZ »

No, glue it back together. You shouldn't have bought a wheel if you didn't want it to wobble. A keyboard does everything anyway.
nelsonrm

Post by nelsonrm »

My Saitek wheel works great both farming and ETS2 truck driving. The pedals do feel funky but I get so much use from the console that I do not mind.
A single light dispels darkness
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

XistenZ wrote:No, glue it back together. You shouldn't have bought a wheel if you didn't want it to wobble. A keyboard does everything anyway.
Now who's the troll, huh? Yeah a keyboard does everything, but a wheel makes it feel more realistic.
Hey Sir Ironoak, if you've only had it a few weeks, try contacting Saitek. I was doing some reading and someone said you have a two year warranty, try seeing if they'll replace it for you, that's what he said he was able to do
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
XistenZ

Post by XistenZ »

Smith Modding wrote:
XistenZ wrote:No, glue it back together. You shouldn't have bought a wheel if you didn't want it to wobble. A keyboard does everything anyway.
Now who's the troll, huh? Yeah a keyboard does everything, but a wheel makes it feel more realistic.
Hey Sir Ironoak, if you've only had it a few weeks, try contacting Saitek. I was doing some reading and someone said you have a two year warranty, try seeing if they'll replace it for you, that's what he said he was able to do
It gets it! Just living by the fine examples the fine people on this forum taught me.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

XistenZ wrote:It gets it! Just living by the fine examples the fine people on this forum taught me.
You've been nasty to everyone since the second message you posted. The people on this forum are generally kind and helpful. In your case, they tried to be kind and helpful as well, but you turned snarky because they either misread your posting or just didn't give the answer you wanted. If you don't like the folks here, then leave.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Scotia1314

Post by Scotia1314 »

Second that *thumbsup*
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Make that a third *thumbsup*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ok lads drop it now please. If anyone has problems with any post then please report it.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Honestly, I don't like the wheel much. I've got the full set with the wheel and the panel, but I 'm not using either right now because of space issues.

What I'm planning on doing, if I ever get the space to set up a proper driving station, is to use a higher end racing wheel and the control panel from the Farm Sim controller. I'm also considering a racing stand, something like the Next Level racing stand.

Of course, all that is predicated on me having the room to do this... which won't happen for a couple more years. So I'm stuck racing with a game pad for the foreseeable future.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
sundownchevy

Post by sundownchevy »

TomXP411 wrote:Honestly, I don't like the wheel much. I've got the full set with the wheel and the panel, but I 'm not using either right now because of space issues.

What I'm planning on doing, if I ever get the space to set up a proper driving station, is to use a higher end racing wheel and the control panel from the Farm Sim controller. I'm also considering a racing stand, something like the Next Level racing stand.

Of course, all that is predicated on me having the room to do this... which won't happen for a couple more years. So I'm stuck racing with a game pad for the foreseeable future.
:hi: Depending on space as you said you could build a table to your preference, run the cables under it neatly and allocate enough of it for a wheel, controls, ect. Maybe even build a sliding shelf underneath for your keyboard/mouse. Just an idea.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Beastbubba wrote:Ive read some bad reviews on it. Most saying that it was cheaply designed, which really suprises me. Saitek usually make great products.

I have thought about buying it, but may just buy a good wheel/pedal setup and combine it with my x52...
At the time when these wheels were originally released Saitek was owned by Mad Catz, which we all know is notorious for shoddy quality, so it is no surprise that the FS wheel is less that excellent to a lot of people. However Logitech recently purchased Saitek and started releasing the wheel so I think the new ones are better.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

jenna_q wrote:
Beastbubba wrote:Ive read some bad reviews on it. Most saying that it was cheaply designed, which really suprises me. Saitek usually make great products.

At the time when these wheels were originally released Saitek was owned by Mad Catz, which we all know is notorious for shoddy quality, so it is no surprise that the FS wheel is less that excellent to a lot of people. However Logitech recently purchased Saitek and started releasing the wheel so I think the new ones are better.

Interesting. Thanks for that info. Will look back into getting one in a few months then!
PC gamer.