Starting Tactics

Sir Ironoak

Re: Starting Tactics

Post by Sir Ironoak »

From a short while back I play on hard, and start by selling everything including fields (in Bank of Hagenstedt) and then use a money-cheat-mod to set my money to 130 000 since I already have a bankloan at 100 000 in the hard difficulty.

After that... I try to find a nice litte farm and go with what I can!

Great fun for a gameplay really! =)
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

But thats not hard work, hard work comes from smart decisions, making something from nothing, but if you have a testing map for testing out new toys, then yes money box it out. I play on normal mode, and i struggled at the beginning, then you get the feel of the map, making some money, upgrade equipment and vehicles, expand your farm with more fields, there was this one guy, his name slips my mind, but hes spent 2 hours just doing field work, he got 300k total, thats nonsense in my book, anywho ill find gold nuggets, get my millions, and go on from there.
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

BigC92 wrote:But thats not hard work, hard work comes from smart decisions, making something from nothing, but if you have a testing map for testing out new toys, then yes money box it out. I play on normal mode, and i struggled at the beginning, then you get the feel of the map, making some money, upgrade equipment and vehicles, expand your farm with more fields, there was this one guy, his name slips my mind, but hes spent 2 hours just doing field work, he got 300k total, thats nonsense in my book, anywho ill find gold nuggets, get my millions, and go on from there.
What? Starting a game on hard with 100k loan and only 130k cash is significantly harder than just finding the stupid gold nuggets..... I'm not following your logic. Gold nuggets are essentially just adding cash to your account for free.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Gold nuggets are a total waste of my time.
PS4 player
empato

Post by empato »

I never collect gold nuggets. It`s really unrealistic and as per my opinion that has notthing to do with a farming game.

My first steps are usually to sell the starting equipment and to sell all fields. Then i`m re-buying 1-2 fields (depends on the map and field size), buy a small tractor and the needed small equipment and work from the bottom to the top.
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

I didnt know you could sell fields... :/ -- anywayz, I don't collect the gold nuggets either.
"To everything there is a Season
and a time to every purpose under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
empato

Post by empato »

You can sell fields with the mod "Bank of Hagenstedt" (PC only)
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

^ thanks for telling me :)
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Glad to see no one uses daggerwins start up strategy... so far on the west coast he's sold both fendts and the new holland and bought a transit van,a john Deere and a kubota capable of only pulling a windrower. He's now left without a pot to pi** in and the only reason he has any animals is because he transferred them himself! Oh and yes I did say I'd given up on him but I can't stop watching because of his bafoonery!
Guil

Post by Guil »

Lately I've been playing on hard only and I don't bother with nuggets at all anymore. I've started on lawfolds again and won't collect the nuggets at all I don't think.
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

I'm too wimpy for hard :p, I been playing on easy. I do plan to go to normal, and inch my way up into more realistic play, I'm also considering getting the Seasons mod.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:But thats not hard work, hard work comes from smart decisions, making something from nothing, but if you have a testing map for testing out new toys, then yes money box it out. I play on normal mode, and i struggled at the beginning, then you get the feel of the map, making some money, upgrade equipment and vehicles, expand your farm with more fields, there was this one guy, his name slips my mind, but hes spent 2 hours just doing field work, he got 300k total, thats nonsense in my book, anywho ill find gold nuggets, get my millions, and go on from there.
What? Starting a game on hard with 100k loan and only 130k cash is significantly harder than just finding the stupid gold nuggets..... I'm not following your logic. Gold nuggets are essentially just adding cash to your account for free.
Dam you dont need to be rude about it, did i say you had to follow my logic? No i didn't, im just saying what i do when i start the game, if your going to be rude, ill report you.
Guil

Post by Guil »

In fairness BigC i dont know what you find rude about it other than he disagrees with you?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Guil wrote:In fairness BigC i dont know what you find rude about it other than he disagrees with you?
Whatever i say, you'll never agree with me, so whats the point? But hes calling my logic stupid.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You're reading things that aren't there. He said gold nuggets were stupid which a lot of people agree with but that's everyone's opinion and they are entitled to it. You told him his idea wasn't hard work and he could just as easily find your reply rude.