Mining equipment

Samemeteor26

Mining equipment

Post by Samemeteor26 »

So I just downloaded the minning map and I want to know some good mods/ ingame equipment that work great for it.
Anders Samuelsson

Re: Mining equipment

Post by Anders Samuelsson »

The CAT pack works very nice with it.

take-care
Anders
jimjam828

Re: Mining equipment

Post by jimjam828 »

I've just been experimenting with this map and I think it is absolutely great. You can do all usual farming, plus mining. I'm going to try it with Seasons on 9 or 12 days, as mining will be a really good occupation during winter.

The Cat pack works OK, but not great looking textures or colours. I've found the following mods
Rock dump truck: WFM_CAT745C_FS17 Looks and works great, but capacity is silly (100,000) so I edited it down to 30,000
Wheel Loader: Volvo_L220H Really good, use this with large bucket UniversallGS220 (again, edit capacity to a realistic 10,500)
Volvo Excavator: FS17_Volvo_EC300E Body rotation is reversed on mouse move, so you need to edit the second FLTool Invert Axis to False. Don't try the one with Quick attacher, doesn't look as good
Rock truck type hook lift: Volvo A40SHKL work well with Kotte universal 50,000 field tank to collect water from Quarry pond
Road dump truck and trailer: v_MAN_TGS_41440
Tar tanker: I use the Kotte 30,00 trailer or semitrailer, but I found I needed to manually add tar to fill types in XML
Bulldozer: Caterpillar_D7R It looks good, but only works as a leveller
tracked shovel loader : FS17_Liebherr_634 Works well but textures are only OK

there is also a nice Volvo A40 Log forwarder (like a Buffalo): VOLVO_A_40_G Works well, but prices are a bit strange

enjoy