sheep in seasons MOD

wurzelgumage

sheep in seasons MOD

Post by wurzelgumage »

Can you feed sheep hay bales that have deteriorated over winter? The feeding troughs on dusty farm do not want to accept them and new grass is not yet available early spring? One sheep died already I may have to buy fresh hay bails from shop. :neutralnew:
Last edited by wurzelgumage on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
empato

Re: sheep in seasons MOD

Post by empato »

What do you want with straw bales? Sheep only eat hay and grass
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

As long as the bale is still visible, it should be accepted. Are you sure you're attempting to put it in the right place? Never played that map so I can't really help you there.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
empato

Post by empato »

I don`t know the map either, but maybe the trigger doesn`t accept bales and only loos goods. I had that on some other maps I played. Did you try to feed hay loose? Anfd grass is not accepted during the winter, only hay can be feeded.
aklein

Post by aklein »

If the bale still exists as CheifScotty420 said it should be accepted. Im assuming dusty cove takes bales. there are some maps that do not accept bales and require feeding of loose material only but it if takes bales it will take a partial bale due to rot. The bales should only deteriorate if they had been left out in the weather (rain/snow). if the bale was stored in a location with the snow mask then it would still have its full volume.

Are these indeed hay bales or are they grass bales that just have not rotted away fully yet? If you baled grass in the last part of autumn the bale would still exist for a few days into winter before it vanishes. Did you use a tedder on the grass before you baled it to convert it to hay? If you install the game extension mod and you then get close to the bale you will get your hand icon. what does game extension tell you the bale type is?
wurzelgumage

Post by wurzelgumage »

I think you guys are right I will need to use loose hay or grass for sheep. In the mean while I am selling survivors and will invest in pigs!
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

You should be able to put the hay bale in a feed mixer and unload that at the feed trough if it doesn't accept bales.
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can store loose hay with seasons, unless you use a hayloft.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Hairy bob: you're are entirely correct. Use the feed mixer if the hay bales are not accepted in the through (map issue) and loose hay cannot be stored (Seasons issue)
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

empato wrote:I don`t know the map either, but maybe the trigger doesn`t accept bales and only loos goods. I had that on some other maps I played. Did you try to feed hay loose? Anfd grass is not accepted during the winter, only hay can be feeded.
Dusty Cove map does not accept bales at the feeders-you have to use the mixer-unless it was updated since the mod contest. I like that map with the mods seasons.