Possible to mow green barley in base/vanilla game? Sorry if a stupid question.

Dankaila7

Possible to mow green barley in base/vanilla game? Sorry if a stupid question.

Post by Dankaila7 »

Is it possible to mow green barley and bale it? Thanks
Dankaila7

Re: Possible to mow green barley in base/vanilla game? Sorry if a stupid question.

Post by Dankaila7 »

Bugger. Thanks
aklein

Re: Possible to mow green barley in base/vanilla game? Sorry if a stupid question.

Post by aklein »

Why would you want to bale growing barley? Are you in need of straw? If so there is the buy bales mod where you can buy in straw bales in qty's of 8.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

aklein wrote:Why would you want to bale growing barley?

Really of no benefit in the game though.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Dankaila7

Post by Dankaila7 »

Yeah I just intended for a bit more of an extension in the game instead of same old grass was all.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

My boss did this almost 30 years ago, Cows went mad for it. It was cut I think when it was ripe as I remember the bales being yellowish in colour. So in theory Giants could allow us to cut it with mowers and bale and wrap it.
gearhed502

Post by gearhed502 »

You can mow crops for silage, just not bale them. Wheat, barley, canola, soybeans and grass can be mowed for silage with a forage harvester and a header like the krone disk or the NH 600 for. You won't get as much as if you were using corn for silage, but it works just like it. Just pull a tipper behind or along side the forage harvester, tip in a bunker and ferment
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

The nice thing is that, if you're looking for baling and silage crops, grass can be mowed anywhere, not just in a field. As long as the grass isn't on a field you don't own, you can mow it... that includes by the side of the road, non-field areas, or (of course) fields you plant grass in.

You can dump grass straight into the silage pit, or you can use a tedder to turn it into hay for feeding animals.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Dankaila7

Post by Dankaila7 »

Yeah thanks guys, I know about all that, not being offensive. I was thought mowing the barley would be possible seeing it is in real life but not to worry still the best farming game. Maybe in FS19