Advice for loading round bales

Jlf85

Advice for loading round bales

Post by Jlf85 »

Hey fellow farmers!

I am trying to create an efficient system of selling round silage bales to make some quick cash. However, loading them seems to be the biggest issues I'm having. On console, unfortunately, nobody has yet created an autostacker than can handle more than 8 bales at a time. When loading on a flatdeck trailer, I find that I am constantly bumping the other bales or pushing them, which sets them at an angle and/or disturbs the load, which I have to then fix. Whether it be a tractor with a loader, the telehandler, the frontloader--what is the most efficient/easiest way to load round bales?
eric21

Re: Advice for loading round bales

Post by eric21 »

There's a couple of round bale carriers on the modhub, don't need a trailer for them
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I load a round bale, strap it, and repeat for the others.
PS4 player
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

Straping the bales already on the trailer while you load the next one works best for me. I use the same method with pallets.
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I use the 8 bale arcusin loader and pick them all up and stack at the side of the field. Then when I have time to haul away for sale I use the fork cotech with claws on my loader to load the bales, 4 at a time, onto the back of the Joskin Wago loader trailer. That trailer has ramps on back to drive up into the trailer and stack. This way I just drive up, push the bales up against the headboard of the trailer and repeat. No bumping or losing bales.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

mespalin wrote:I use the 8 bale arcusin loader and pick them all up and stack at the side of the field. Then when I have time to haul away for sale I use the fork cotech with claws on my loader to load the bales, 4 at a time, onto the back of the Joskin Wago loader trailer. That trailer has ramps on back to drive up into the trailer and stack. This way I just drive up, push the bales up against the headboard of the trailer and repeat. No bumping or losing bales.
^^This^^ Now if we really want to be lazy, we can load the BSM flatbed hooklift trailer by backing the Ursus auto stacker directly on it. I'd do about 3 bales high, so 6 at a time.

I enjoy loading bales though, for real. It works best with a telehandler with 4 wheel steering. A tractor is second best. An articulating front loader is horrible for bales because it keeps trying to recenter and will fling the bales off into oblivion if you're not careful.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!