Does the size of the map affect the number of slots?

RaV23

Does the size of the map affect the number of slots?

Post by RaV23 »

Does the size of the map affect the number of slots? :?:

On consoles of course.
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Does the size of the map affect the number of slots?

Post by Stegei »

Yes. The data of the map needs to fit in the memory as well. So if the map uses more memory, there's less space for vehicles. On the other hand, if you use a less memory intensive map, you can also potentially use more vehicles.
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

Then for example - on Sandy Bay i can buy less vehicles than on The Old Stream Farm V2?
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

You can essentially have a huge map with just a few vehicles / tools, or a tiny one with lots of it. :-D
Though it's not limiting. I'm on Lawfolds with a lot of stuff and still got a few slots left. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

So the more detailed the map, the more slots it requires? trees, signs, wall etc - use slots?
masterplan wrote:You can essentially have a huge map with just a few vehicles / tools, or a tiny one with lots of it. :-D
Though it's not limiting. I'm on Lawfolds with a lot of stuff and still got a few slots left. ;-)
Simply wants to try everything on a large map. Potatoes, beets, cereals, animals, forests - everything requires a lot of equipment. Tractors can be the same for saving slots: p
PS4 Player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Stegei wrote:Yes. The data of the map needs to fit in the memory as well. So if the map uses more memory, there's less space for vehicles. On the other hand, if you use a less memory intensive map, you can also potentially use more vehicles.
I thought it was something over 700 slots in a new save and it shows up on the shop menu after it drops below 650.
So, is this information wrong? I mean on bigger maps do we start with a lover number of slots like 550 or something?

Thank you :hi:
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

You get much more than 700. I have 4 different tractors, two combines, 4 headers, self-propelled sprayer, lots of equipment, a skid steer, NH loader, BSM 850, Biobeltz ITR and more, and I'm still at ~650. I can sell one or two things and it goes away.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Possible. I didn't really look in depth like that. But if the size effects the slot count then I might have a problem at The West Coast cause I was planning on executing separate operations with separate machinery on each one of the farms.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's no point in worrying about it until it gets released and see if it becomes a problem for you.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I mean I completely resigned the gvc yard and a field, and I mean completely, if you want to see scrren shots see my forest services v2 thread in off topic, but even with that I have over 400 slots left
Last edited by redglasses on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

If I remember correctly from early on Giants had said that the map would take up to 20% of the slot count. Then originally there was 600 slots, but added 200 more and then they halved the value of the slot so we now get double the slots (1600) but the first instance of each piece would cost double as well. Plus the remaining slot count only appears after you dip below a set percentage left.
I am playing on American Outback and I have a fair amount of equipment, and I am only missing items for potatoes, forestry, and a couple pieces for animals. With everything I have I still have around 650 slots left so I would definitely have enough slots for all the equipment I would need.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

jenna_q wrote:If I remember correctly from early on Giants had said that the map would take up to 20% of the slot count. Then originally there was 600 slots, but added 200 more and then they halved the value of the slot so we now get double the slots (1600) but the first instance of each piece would cost double as well. Plus the remaining slot count only appears after you dip below a set percentage left.
I am playing on American Outback and I have a fair amount of equipment, and I am only missing items for potatoes, forestry, and a couple pieces for animals. With everything I have I still have around 650 slots left so I would definitely have enough slots for all the equipment I would need.

This is interesting to me. I'm on outback as well. I have 7 or 8 tractors (including big buds, quadratrac, the 850 and legende truck, two harvesters and some other small stuff and I'm under 200 slots).
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Jlf85 wrote:This is interesting to me. I'm on outback as well. I have 7 or 8 tractors (including big buds, quadratrac, the 850 and legende truck, two harvesters and some other small stuff and I'm under 200 slots).
Well you don't really need all of that machinery for all the stuff in the game. Currently I have 3 tractors, 1 combine, 1 forage harvester, 1 beet harvester, the Terra Felis, 1 850 Hook, 1 telehandler and 1 sprayer. Then I have a full set of baling equipment and mowers, and 1 full set of seeding equipment. Then I have a couple of trailers and small attachments, and I can do almost everything in the game aside from potatoes, I would need a couple pieces for animals and a trailer for logs.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I have 4 tractors, 2 of the same corn seeders, 1 direct drill, one combine with two heads, one forage harvester with two heads, a skid steer with two attachments, a loader with three attachments, 4 front weights, a beet harvester, 2 of the same plows, one sub soiler, one cultivator, 2 different header trailers, a peacon mixer, 3 hay lofts, 2 silage silos, two diffrent tippers, a water trailer, a slurry spreader, one manure spreader, and a straw grinder. And only a couple spots right in the middle of the yard where I lag/frame drop. So here is the point, slots/ equipment =/= lag. Btw its on thornton so not a huge map, but not a small one either.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer