Does anyone here prefer playing small farms instead of big ones?

shynung

Does anyone here prefer playing small farms instead of big ones?

Post by shynung »

Question in title.

Personally, I'd often start a map with a 1 mil. bank loan (Bank of Hagenstedt mod), buy a NH TC5.90 combine and a couple T6s, a trailed potato harvester + topper, and equipment geared for smaller tractors, then worked on paying off the debt using only those equipment. When the debt paid off, only then I'd start using the bigger stuff (taking another loan), using the smaller machines to support the bigger ones (carry fuel, seed/fertilizer, take away bales, etc).
Bluesman

Re: Does anyone here prefer playing small farms instead of big ones?

Post by Bluesman »

I do. I get bored with the really big maps.
I don't mind big fields as such but the smaller UK based maps are my thing.
Currently playing Lawfolds (which is quite big tbf) and I've just started a 'mods only' game on Drummond (?) Farm. The Irish map.

*edit* Drumard Farm.
Money can't buy happiness. It can however buy a Tractor... which is pretty much the same thing.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchins
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I really just play solo w/o helpers so a smaller map is fine for me. But weather it is a 4x map or a small map weather I play on it or not depends on how the map looks and is set up.
PC gamer.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I do prefer the small farms done with the seasons mod. that really makes it more difficult. old stream farm is one of my favorites. one thing I like to do is sell off some of the equipment that the farm starts with and get tractors that I like to work with. I haven't tryed the old equipment yet but it is on my agenda. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

Me. Other than Sosnovka Not V2, the starter field is huge. :O
"To everything there is a Season
and a time to every purpose under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I like to start with a large loan also and play kinda small also in the beginning. I play on Xbox so I usually sell all the starting equipment, use money boxes to get about $500,000 or so to start. Then I write out a repayment schedule and make "payments" by leasing stuff and returning it immediately.

Makes the game more fun for me.
RogueWraith909

Post by RogueWraith909 »

I like playing smaller field maps, but I also like to be able to plow them together to make bigger fields as I get more funds and upgrade equipment over time. I especially enjoy using old and low powered tractors and equipment rather than the massive stuff the game mostly has. For example I've used the Lidner 90 tractor for logging, it's barely got enough power but that with hooklift equipment is actually kinda fun.

A big map with small fields that can be plowed together would be a good start for a community multiplayer map, of course you'd need to be able to track which player "owns" which field and equipment somehow.