Realism with livestock

OOWAR!!

Realism with livestock

Post by OOWAR!! »

Is there a mod?
It's perhaps the biggest downfall of FM.
Sheep in the game eat grass,hay and need water. There are acres of pasture with water access, IRL you would just stick them in a field and let them be with the odd visit to check the welfare. In mountainous maps they are the livestock of choice. In FM you need to cut grass, bale it then shred it and add cut grass with a bucket an awkward set-up that's unwarranted really.
Cattle: Similar to above on the Grass aspect, they also damage fields.
Pigs are a bit better in the game, but there's one massive real life situation missing from them and all livestock. Answers on a Postcard if you know what I mean?
Plus there are a myriad of other livestock that are farmed.
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
eric21

Re: Realism with livestock

Post by eric21 »

Sheep pastures slightly different, same with cows, different breeds get different feed and TMR.

I suggest reading about different sheep breeds and cow breeds on how they are fed and which fields they are allowed on
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

There are a lot of things left out from the game. Main reason being, it's a game. At least we don't have to shear the sheep and milk the cows with quick time events or something. So, to let us have something to do with the animals, we bring them hay and water. It's simple, it's effective, and not too complicated for casual players.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
OOWAR!!

Post by OOWAR!! »

eric21 wrote:Sheep pastures slightly different, same with cows, different breeds get different feed and TMR.

I suggest reading about different sheep breeds and cow breeds on how they are fed and which fields they are allowed on
Are you on about the game here, If so how do you select the breed, where do you grow and buy for each breed, how do you find which feed suits each breed?

If not i'd wish people would stop quoting what happens on their farm, without explaining first.

Stop blurring the two if you can.

I use real world scenarios to see if there are mods to add to the realism, after all that is the aim of almost all Simulator games.
And adding a sale for slaughter Pigs, Sheep, Cows and Chickens aint such a bad idea is it?
And it is odd how you can put animals onto a pasture full of grass and they then need to be fed grass, when troughs are out in the open with it pelting with rain and I need to fill it up with a bowser. If I mow the pasture they are on and then add it to there troughs they eat it!!!!!!!!!. Whats wrong with the fresh stuff???
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I'm on about real life, you see certain breeds I'm certain areas, so if it's a mountainous area you'd need a breed that be efficient and he type of produce you want from that, could be cheese milk or just breeding.

It's not just plop them.on a field and your done.

You won't see slaughter in the game after the Peta concern