Skelton Map

BlackThumb

Re: Skelton Map - Community Cancer Charity Map - Console Special

Post by BlackThumb »

wiseguy49 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:09 am well is Welker Farms coming out soon because I'm looking forward to it?

But seriously.. they are working on Welker atm then they said they would see if they can get the other two. Ballymoon needs less work than Skelton which needs to have a lot of the models replaced.
Sooooooo, instead of concentrating on getting one map out, they have decided to work on 3 and not get any out..... Brilliant!
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Be thankful they are releasing any at all.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

wiseguy49 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:58 am Be thankful they are releasing any at all.
Of course they will,....... just in time to coincide with the release of FS19........
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

If you have nothing useful to say, don't say anything at all. You sound like a 10 year old..
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Alagos wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:06 am If you have nothing useful to say, don't say anything at all. You sound like a 10 year old..
And your post was useful, how?

I was pointing out that it already has taken over 6 months since the WIP maps started and nothing has transpired, excepting now we being told that they are concentrating not on 1 map but 3. How about you apply some simple maths and work out that what they want to do is unachievable in the time left before the release of FS19. Or do you get a headache when you have to think too hard?
Last edited by BlackThumb on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I just said they are working on Welker Farms RIGHT NOW. So they ARE concentrating on one map. It seems like you are the one getting the headache having to think too hard.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

@BlackThumb, I probably think more than you do. You complain about these people doing things THEY want to do instead of the things YOU think they should be doing. Which makes no sense at all. Besides, your posts are practically insults and based on speculation.
If you want a decent answer about what they are doing, ask a normal question.

Anyway, going back to some actual math problems. Differential equations are more fun than 1+2=2..

Btw, I'm done with this useless argument.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Oh dear, I thought I was having a battle of wits with worthy adversaries, but it seems I am fighting against unarmed people.

You still don't seem to get it. The maps are WIPs, there are 3, they started working on them 6 months ago, and so far (I'll say this slowly so you understand) N O T H I N G! Understand now?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Does anyone care how long it takes? If you can't wait then make a mod yourself
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

BlackThumb wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:03 am Oh dear, I thought I was having a battle of wits with worthy adversaries, but it seems I am fighting against unarmed people.

You still don't seem to get it. The maps are WIPs, there are 3, they started working on them 6 months ago, and so far (I'll say this slowly so you understand) N O T H I N G! Understand now?
Chill out lol.

I share thoughts with Alagos, and we do understand exactly what you're saying, but disagree.

Are you saying they can't have more than one WIP? Because That's pretty daft. Maps (I'm sure you're aware - so without being condescending) aren't a single afternoon piece of work. You should know the stipulations that come with mods in general.

By that, I mean in particular that the author's can do EXACTLY what they like. They don't have to answer to anyone.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Dribbly Midget wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:05 pm
BlackThumb wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:03 am Oh dear, I thought I was having a battle of wits with worthy adversaries, but it seems I am fighting against unarmed people.

Chill out lol.

I share thoughts with Alagos, and we do understand exactly what you're saying, but disagree.

Are you saying they can't have more than one WIP? Because That's pretty daft. Maps (I'm sure you're aware - so without being condescending) aren't a single afternoon piece of work. You should know the stipulations that come with mods in general.

By that, I mean in particular that the author's can do EXACTLY what they like. They don't have to answer to anyone.
Heheheh, chilled out as much as I can, seeing I'm retired and can do what I want, when I want.

Don't get me wrong, I have full admiration for the majority of modders (those who make original mods, and not just copy and reskin) and also to the map makers out there as they do make this game more interesting than the boring vanilla maps/mods.

I thoroughly enjoy using them as the majority of those are of a very high quality and work straight 'out of the box'.

I do fully realise the time and effort that went into making those and the problems/dramas that the modder/mapmaker runs into everytime that there is a new version of GE which requires from minor to major changes on the modders/mapmakers part (and at times for no thanks from anyone for the effort/time they have to spend on them).

What irks me is the continual 'excuses' (actually this was an expletive relating to a male bovine and it's by-product) that some keep running out when it seems that their mod/map is going to be nowhere near ready at the date/time they originally stated, and they keep making more and more 'excuses' the longer it takes.

Case in point is this map, I was very much looking forward to putting my boots on this map and farming up a storm (and having the warm and fuzzy feeling know that by downloading this map and it's mods the money was going to a good cause, but now, another empty promise). However, over the 6 months (so far) my enthusiasm has waned to a 'ho-hum, here we go with another excuse' level and this CAN be attributed to the modder/mapmaker as they are continually 'changing the goal posts' because they will NOT admit that it WILL take a lot longer than originally anticipated, especially in this map's case as it ground to a halt because of the infighting from the 'team' that was producing this map and now we are being told that they (what's left of the team) are working on a different map (which was also stalled/stopped due to infighting) and they expect to get these finished/out before release of FS19..... I doubt that very much.

Would you feel 'warm and fuzzy' if your mechanic/electrician/plumber kept giving you 'excuses' why they can't finish when they told you, but will now take a lot longer than they thought, or would you just go elsewhere? I know what I would do, and Stevie's maps are just as good (if not better in some cases) and these are produced by 1 (one) person and he has more than 4 out at the moment, but this team of 3 (maybe 4) can't even get 1 (one) out, draw your own conclusion.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

To be fair. Modders have no obligation whatsoever to you or any of us. They are doing this just becuase they want to. Its as simple as that.
To criticise and demean them because something does not go as planned is hypocritical and childish.
I too, am always extremely excited when any modder starts promoting the map or mod they are working on. You forget that these people have full time jobs and possibly families that need attention. If a map or mod starts to lose track and gets delayed or even gets dropped without explanation. Well..... Thats life. Get used to it.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

BlackThumb wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 am Would you feel 'warm and fuzzy' if your mechanic/electrician/plumber kept giving you 'excuses' why they can't finish when they told you, but will now take a lot longer than they thought, or would you just go elsewhere? I know what I would do, and Stevie's maps are just as good (if not better in some cases) and these are produced by 1 (one) person and he has more than 4 out at the moment, but this team of 3 (maybe 4) can't even get 1 (one) out, draw your own conclusion.
You make it sound like mapping is a job. Some modders can afford to mod full-time, but those might be ones that either have enough money not to need a full-time job or they pump out mods at such a rate to benefit from the reward system, but quality sometimes suffers as a result.

Modding isn't a job, it's a passion. Occasionally that passion needs reigniting, but the only way to reignite it is to take a prolonged break. Then there is family life, health, and a whole host of other real-life issues to take into account.

Mappers Paradise might be a team of 1, 2, 3 or more members (it has varied over the years), but perhaps, for example, only one of the team is capable of fixing the issues needed, and perhaps that person isn't currently able to due to any number of reasons.

Having been in a test team (not one mentioned here I should add) you get to see how much work it takes to get mods released on PC, and how much extra work it takes to get them released on console. There have been maps where the number of issues needing addressing exceeded 10,000, as modders simply don't (or didn't) have the information or tools needed to ensure they were console-compatible. Even if you're capable of it it's not a case of just knuckling down to fix the issues, you need to want to fix them too. Ultimately, there are only two reasons for modding: enjoyment and to see others enjoying it. There are always bits of modding that is less enjoyable than others, even dreaded, that you need to get around, but it can quickly become quite demoralising if you're hit with a large number of issues, and if that passion goes so does all of the enjoyment.

Very few players, even ones which make minor mod edits, understand quite how much work it can be to get a full new mod out at a good standard, and that might go up ten-fold for consoles for certain mods.
benw11

Post by benw11 »

Well where do I start...

Mappers Paradise is a team of two, BlobbyFarmer and myself, Blobby works a full time time consuming job which leads to not many hours to do this, I work a full time job between the real work and volunteering I do in the community, We don't have hours and hours to spend like a lot of people who make maps/mods so we are doing our very best but some weeks are better then other weeks..

This map meant everything to Blobby and I as we thought it would be something good to give back to the community around FS and why not give back to a worthy cause like cancer, so one day we decided we would do this very map as it was a really good purpose and what's better then doing it for Cancer?.. which led into a hole pile of stuff which should of never happened but you can't control people and you most certainly can't control what happened. Not only for the map but us as a team has gone through a lot which I am not discussing at this very moment. I will say this it took us a while to feel like getting full swing back into mapping after what happened so just be happy we are here and doing what we enjoy..

We are not working on all three at the same very time, Welker has been our main priority as its not only a good area and Farm to do, We also had the Farmers who owned it involved in the project so we thought it was only fair to not make them wait years and do their farm first... Its been a great learning curve so I can continue learning and gaining modelling experience to as I have only been making them for like 10months now. Welker should be out in a week or two depending how long Giants Testing takes and if we have many more errors left to fix. I assure you Ballymoon will be continued to try and fix but that one might be a while still as there is one error (on consoles) not even one of the Giant's guy's knows, so yes we are going to continue with as much time as we have...

Now to the map in the topic..

We are going to start working on Skelton soon again don't worry but with us having to remake basically the entire map it could take a couple of weeks to get closer to uploading again. but sense this means a lot to us we are going to start working on it again after Welker is sorted..

Our maps aren't just model's used on say every map.. we like to add custom models, for example Welker is a one of a kind map so we couldn't find models that would work and look the same as the real place, I had to go and make every single shed, house etc which is very time consuming but its just what we like to do so our maps look different and close to the real place while Blobby has been doing the entire mapping side of the map.. so yes our maps take longer then most as we really like to keep ours real.

We aren't giving excuses we really don't know how long it will take us as our jobs fluctuate on hours every week. We do our very best...

The Charity mods we did get released which is being donated to Doctors Without Borders.. this wasn't an easy job to put together and fix errors on either but we did manage to get those out which has been an awesome thing..

http://farming-simulator.com/mods.php?l ... 181&page=0

I bet you at least Welker will be out and most probably Skelton will be out before FS19 arrives..

Did I miss anything?

Now can we please get back onto topic about the map and stuff and not all types stuff etc...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Just re-reading this, I think he favors a Modders over other Moddershall. All Modders should be treated with the same respect.