Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FarmerJimbob

Re: placeable root crops sale

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I just run conveyors into the shovel sell point so that I can tip large loads to the side of the building and sell continuously at the high price. Only trouble I had is I wanted it tidy so placed a brick storage bunker but it doesn't have collision on the walls. Not as many options for storage bins as I hoped for PS4.

I've also experimented with the Grimme pallet conveyor but, as has been said, you can only do it once before you need to reset the tool and any issue while the tool is full and you lose the beets. I did have both setups working simultaneously for a faster sell but its not worth the hassle.

Has anybody tried the Terra Felis 2 Eco with the sell point?
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

FarmerJimbob wrote:
Has anybody tried the Terra Felis 2 Eco with the sell point?
No But I hope someone does by the time I get into roots
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ I’ll give it a test as soon as I can. Talking of roots does the root crop storage building (the older mod) hold both types at the same time?
STL

Post by STL »

Yes the Terra Felis works.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Patrick73 wrote:^^ I’ll give it a test as soon as I can. Talking of roots does the root crop storage building (the older mod) hold both types at the same time?
Dogfaces root crop storage,the blue one,will hold both types at the same time.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Thanx
STL

Post by STL »

Another way I like. Put a small conveyor at the sell point, then place the Grimme pallet conveyor to unload onto the small conveyor. Use the FARMTECH TDK 1600 to haul the beets/potatoes, dump into the Grimme pallet conveyor. Go back to storage/harvester refill trailer. If your field, or storage is close by you can keep the flow constantly going at the same price.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

STL wrote:Yes the Terra Felis works.
awesome, maybe I'll sell my root crops straight from the pile :biggrin2:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Prices on this thing are great, £700 for tates and £500 for sugar beet!! Although they do change every time you start the game again...sometimes higher or lower so it’s good they just don’t reset to a high price. Which ever map you are on this will be your best investment
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Patrick73 wrote:Prices on this thing are great, £700 for tates and £500 for sugar beet!! Although they do change every time you start the game again...sometimes higher or lower so it’s good they just don’t reset to a high price. Which ever map you are on this will be your best investment
Yeah, the randomising of the price every save game load is a bit of a quirky feature of this sell point.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Anyone have this placed on GCV yet? If so, where at? Seems like the options for placing are a little limited, on GCV anyway.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

AgPro Farms wrote:Anyone have this placed on GCV yet? If so, where at? Seems like the options for placing are a little limited, on GCV anyway.
Yeah GCV is a real pain to find areas for placeables, even if you find somewhere flat there are normally bushes in the damn way.

I had pretty much already dedicated the south west area for root crops when this mod came out so I've placed a storage facility at the NW edge of field 25, north of the vehicle shelter and just short of the road. There's no access to the back but I felt that wasn't really needed. The pallet drop off (obviously not active on this one) is right up next to the roadside sign. Works pretty well here, the ground is quite level and there's no excessive gap under the rolling doors for drop off and collection points. I wanted it closer to the shelter but the ground isn't level there.

The sale version I have placed at the NE corner of field 28. I had already discovered this area between the field and the road is perfect for greenhouses after a bit of tree clearing so I had them placed either side of the vehicle shelter and then put the root crop sale on the far end near the picnic area. Its a shame the one building couldn't do both functions as this location works well for all-around access.

Oh, and at the very western end of that area, closest to the cow shed, I found room for the Forage silo.