Front Weights when to use?

Weasle

Front Weights when to use?

Post by Weasle »

I know sometimes it is obvious when to use them.

Like when your front of your tractors wheels are coming up, or your front end loader is tipping over and you need something in the back, or you don't have good control over your implement and its going all squirrely.

From a real life perspective,, do all tractors (besides the ones with built in ones like the Case 340,) do all tractors need a weight if they are pulling a large device?

I have noticed like in every mission I do, they give a front weight even though the equipment is not overly large.

So when do you use front weights? Do you use them for everything or just when you obviously need them?

Thanks,
redglasses

Re: Front Weights when to use?

Post by redglasses »

Usually I have a weight on the tractor no matter what I'm doing as long as the front 3 point is free
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

The use of front weight in the game and irl seems to differ a lot.

But what I really wonder is what good using wheel weights do in the game?
Do they even have any effect?
PS5 / FS22
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I've noticed with my NH T8 pulling the biggest Jympa on a hillside, and the back tires spin more without the wheel weights, and pull better with them on
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Wheel weights can also be used to replace a rear weight when using a loader on a tractor.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

I have wheel weights on my fendts and the 2400 front weight all the time unless mowing and need the front 3 point.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I would have used wheelweights if they were available on wide tires, but they are only on the Fendt 800 Vario like that.

Funny thing though, I don't know how the weight of tractors is calculated ingame, but if you put one on a weigh bridge, it doesn't matter what version you have, they all weigh the same (with/without wheel weights, single or triple tire version, all the same). So I kinda think it is strange it would be noticeble that wheelweights act differently.
PS4 player
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I avoid front weights whenever I can because I invariably detach them by mistake and drive over them.
Playing on PC
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

Unless I'm using the front link for something else I always have a front weight on. It's just easier that way so I don't run into a problem like not being able to steer, wheel slip, etc.

Having the weight on also keeps me from losing them :) Hunting one down when I gotta have it is no fun.
Farming on PS5
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

something that happened to me: i was using the cheap weeder on a really small tractor with smallest weight, was having issues, so i put weeder on scale and its far heavier than small weight, i got a bigger weight and i was no longer having issues
a tractor with wheel weights cant lift more bales then a tractor with standard wheels, i ran 3 tests wheel weights vs standard wheels, standard wheels won
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I think wheel weights only really help with ground response turned on
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

REDSTER-85 wrote:something that happened to me: i was using the cheap weeder on a really small tractor with smallest weight, was having issues, so i put weeder on scale and its far heavier than small weight, i got a bigger weight and i was no longer having issues
a tractor with wheel weights cant lift more bales then a tractor with standard wheels, i ran 3 tests wheel weights vs standard wheels, standard wheels won
oh man we have a scientist here :lol: :biggrin2: *thumbsup* nice findings, I like your name too *thumbsup*
My Discord
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

redglasses wrote: oh man we have a scientist here :lol: :biggrin2: *thumbsup* nice findings, I like your name too *thumbsup*
thank you, REDSTER is a nickname i got back in high school, i wore a RED shirt every day, i have a dedicated test map for trying different things, only map i use money box
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^I wear my red glasses every day :lol: , and thats a cool map, if only I had a red shirt for every day
My Discord