Any info on the xbox one x enhanced edition?

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Any info on the xbox one x enhanced edition?

Post by Stegei »

FS17 will run at native 4k and 4MSAA at 30fps, increased shadow quality and longer draw distances.
If we would use the same shadow quality and draw distances and on the regular XboxOne, the XboxOneX would reach 60fps in default situations, but with several active helpers and vehicles it's not anymore. Thus we decided to go for the increased rendering quality and limit the game to 30fps to both get better visuals and a more stable framerate, since a stable framerate is much more important for FS17 than a higher framerate. That's definitely different for other games, such as racing games or shooters, where a small input lag is a lot more important.

Btw. if you don't have a 4k TV, the game is using 4k Supersampling (ie. render at 4k and downscale to 1080p), which also improves the rendering quality quite a lot compared to regular 1080p rendering.
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

So will these changes be added as an update to the existing version? I'm playing on an xbox one s but have a 4k tv so should notice some difference correct?
MrFendt87

Post by MrFendt87 »

@Taxman 1983 , I was thinking the same, I have pre-ordered the Xbox one x, and was wondering if an update will come or we will have to by the game again, I do know that a few games that have come out ( destiny2 etc ) are already geared up for 4k, I also read on an Xbox forum that most games will automatically update for the newer Xbox, but I don't know.
XB1 | Oakfield Farm | Hard mode.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

ok, the problem I have with the xbox one x is more of a question, if I run a game at 1080p will it run at 60fps or is it locked to 30fps even at a lower quality
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

I could see them being able to pull off some 4k, but that crappy Jaguar processor is really going to hold them back, more s the the GPU. FS17 is a more processor dependent game than it is GPU. My PC currently has a 1060 which is about on par with what one One X has and I can get a relatively solid 60fps at 4k with MSAA off, but it will dip in certain situations. I instead made a custom resolution of 1800p and am getting a solid 60fps. My CPU is much much better though than what is in the X.
redglasses wrote:ok, the problem I have with the xbox one x is more of a question, if I run a game at 1080p will it run at 60fps or is it locked to 30fps even at a lower quality
If it is like the PS4 Pro, 1080p will attempt to hit 60fps, but even on the Pro, 1080p takes a big time hit once you get a bunch of equipment and helpers going. Hopefully with the extra power of the X, it can hit a solid 60fps.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Im using an Xbox S and don't get any loss in framrate so dunno where people are seeing issues
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Tazman1983 wrote:Im using an Xbox S and don't get any loss in framrate so dunno where people are seeing issues
You absolutely do. Just because you don't notice it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Tazman1983 wrote:So will these changes be added as an update to the existing version? I'm playing on an xbox one s but have a 4k tv so should notice some difference correct?
No, your Xbox One S isn't magically getting 430% more powerful.
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

I wasn't asking if it would be more powerful :lol:

Just didn't know if the currently version would see any difference from a graphics overhaul as i can't see giants making an entire new version
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

redglasses wrote:ok, the problem I have with the xbox one x is more of a question, if I run a game at 1080p will it run at 60fps or is it locked to 30fps even at a lower quality
That's totally going to depend on the game. I'd like to think that single player games would give you 60FPS as a tradeoff for being 1/4 of the resolution. However, that may give players a competitive advantage in PvP, so I'm not sure if we'll see that happening very often with multiplayer games.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Tazman1983 wrote:I wasn't asking if it would be more powerful :lol:

Just didn't know if the currently version would see any difference from a graphics overhaul as i can't see giants making an entire new version

No, what I am saying is the X is about 430% more powerful than the S, so it gives them a lot of head room to improve the game. The One S is already pushed to its limits and there really isn't any room to improve the game.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

I am not even going to play FM7 until I get my One X.....even the One S won't do it justice.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

TomXP411 wrote:
That's totally going to depend on the game. I'd like to think that single player games would give you 60FPS as a tradeoff for being 1/4 of the resolution. However, that may give players a competitive advantage in PvP, so I'm not sure if we'll see that happening very often with multiplayer games.

it will happen never because that's not how it works and of course there is a massive advantage between higher frame rate/lower graphics and lower frame rate/high graphics, literally every esport/comp ladders work this why when the players are not on identical boxes.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

This is for ARK on XB1X:
Studio Wildcard explains: "The first is a Detailed Graphics version with 1440p resolution and Truesky (which is the equivalent to High quality on the PC) at 30fps.

"The second is a 1080p mode which equates to the current Xbox One graphics, with improved 60fps."

Now I understand this is a survival game and not an FPS but it still has PvP and if you're on player dedicated with minimal lag I could see where this could give you an advantage in certain situations. I do believe there is games on PS4 Pro that limit MP to 30FPS for this exact reason, while the single player runs at 60FPS.
XB1/PC
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Nigelbilt wrote:
TomXP411 wrote:

it will happen never because that's not how it works and of course there is a massive advantage between higher frame rate/lower graphics and lower frame rate/high graphics, literally every esport/comp ladders work this why when the players are not on identical boxes.
Not sure about other games but BF1 on PS4 Pro has a much more consistent frame rate than the regular PS4 version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... on-ps4-pro
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Imagine it would, one is running on a mediocre machine and the other on a toaster.