Any info on the xbox one x enhanced edition?

recklessftw

Any info on the xbox one x enhanced edition?

Post by recklessftw »

I saw on reddit that it'll get 4k support but it wasn't clear if that was all. I'm curious if the game will get 60fps, longer draw distance, that kind of thing. Anyone heard?
redglasses

Re: Any info on the xbox one x enhanced edition?

Post by redglasses »

Honestly there is no way Microsoft can make a $600 console that will run 4k at 60fps, most computers can't even do that, even then you'll be pooring way over $1000 before you can run 4k, so basically if it can do what Microsoft says it can do, they win the Internet pretty much
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

There's many of games that are going to be running 4K/60FPS on the XB1X, if I'm not mistaken FS17 is going to be 4K/30FPS and I'm not sure if it's going to have HDR support or not. I'm sure giants staff will give more Information on this closer to release seeing as the new expansion doesn't drop until after the XB1X is released.
XB1/PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

there you go, already he just said there will be plenty of games that will run at 4k60fps, then right away down to 4k30fps, you realize fs is a super easy game to run right, so if it cant run at 60fps, what makes you think forza 7 or battle field one at 60fps, this is coming from Microsoft who said forza motorsport 7 will run at 4k 60fps, trust me it wont, and like I've said above, if it can, microsoft wins the internet
My Discord
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

redglasses wrote:Honestly there is no way Microsoft can make a $600 console that will run 4k at 60fps, most computers can't even do that
redglasses wrote:you realize fs is a super easy game to run right
These are 2 different statements made by you in the same thread, that totally contradict each and show your clear lack of knowledge in software and hardware. I've got well over 2k in my rig for iRacing and Flight Sim and it runs fine, while I can download a game from steam green light and it runs like a turd, optimization is key.
XB1/PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Soles2023 wrote:FS17 is going to be 4K/30FPS
My point was, if fs17 is only going to run at 30 fps, then how can a huge game like forza Motorsport seven run at 60fps when farm sim is super easy to run, and forza is harder to run. Basically you said, the easy game will run at 30 frames per second, and the harder game will run at 60 frames per second :confusednew:
My Discord
Jamiephilips23

Post by Jamiephilips23 »

Soles2023 wrote:
redglasses wrote:Honestly there is no way Microsoft can make a $600 console that will run 4k at 60fps, most computers can't even do that
These are 2 different statements made by you in the same thread, that totally contradict each and show your clear lack of knowledge in software and hardware. I've got well over 2k in my rig for iRacing and Flight Sim and it runs fine, while I can download a game from steam green light and it runs like a turd, optimization is key.

Look mate redglasses never once stated he has amazing knowledge in software or hardware the guy asked a question and he answered it to the best of his ability and knowledge, redglasses is genuinely one of the most helpful people on the forum along with smith modding these guys will try and answer every question possible even if it doesn’t concern them, so tone it down a little and cut him some slack mate! We were all in the same boat here we enjoy farming!!

Keep on farming lads!! *thumbsup*
Massive thanks to all console modders out there!! *thumbsup*
PSN; scottish_bawbag_
My PS4 Community; All Aspects Of Farming :hi:
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Jamiephilips23 wrote:
Soles2023 wrote:

Look mate redglasses never once stated he has amazing knowledge in software or hardware the guy asked a question and he answered it to the best of his ability and knowledge, redglasses is genuinely one of the most helpful people on the forum along with smith modding these guys will try and answer every question possible even if it doesn’t concern them, so tone it down a little and cut him some slack mate! We were all in the same boat here we enjoy farming!!

Keep on farming lads!! *thumbsup*
I honestly don't see how they contradict... redglasses says that Farming Simulator is a relatively easy game to run, and he's right. But it's still going to be really taxing on hardware to run it at 60FPS with 4K resolution. And for $600, that sounds kind of impossible. Who knows though, maybe MS has pulled it off
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'd say it's very possible on a console. They have one purpose and run on a proprietary operating system. Buying parts in the volume that ms would be could make it very cheap in comparison to a pc.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

@redglasses, I understand what you're trying to say but you still got to consider they are 2 different games, forza loads one track and dynamic weather, FS17 is always changing field states on any number of fields and the whole map is loaded constantly, many threads about this.

@jamie I understand that and it might have came off a little harsh, I never states I was either, post count means nothing to me when you're stating your opinion and there's facts to prove what he was stating was wrong. There's a full list on the internet of all the games getting upgrades for Ones.

@smith in light of the conversation yes they are very contradicting statements, if you are saying the base game is very easy to run yes this true, to run at 4k/60 steadily yes would very taking on any system, hence why MS chose to run 4K/30 for better graphics and more stable frame rate. But his argument was it's an easy game to run and the platform couldn't handle it at 4k/60 while at the same time saying a very good PC would struggle, that makes no sense.

So I would like to apologize if it came of as degrading to anyone I might have offended but I'm purely going off of MS list of upgraded games and how they will run on the 1X, and I feel people should take into consideration the games they are comparing FS17 to. T10 is a Microsoft studio and had access to X1 hardware through it's whole development process while working with a game engine made for consoles, so I think that's a bad comparison.
XB1/PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

@jamiePhilips Thanks for the kind words, I try to help as best I can around here, but this thread seems to have gotten off track a bit

@recklessftw https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X ... nced_games here is a link to a wiki page that has info on games that will be enhanced for xbox one x

@soles2023 would you rather have me compare it to project cars, which they say will run at 4k 60fps... Maybe in the loading screens, but I highly doubt it will run steady 60 fps.
Thats another thing, you notice how they didn't say STEADY once. I highly doubt it will run steady 60 fps @ 4k. Maybe it will be up to 60 fps but wont always be @60 fps, will probably end up dropping down to 30 fps. I would rather have 1080p @ STEADY 60 fps, then 4k @ un-steady 60 fps :biggrin2:
My Discord
Guil

Post by Guil »

Wiki isn't a reliable source of information, anyone can edit it.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Oh no he's starting to sound like a teacher LOL
My Discord
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Someone done did something to the crazy irish man he's losing his craziness :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Needing to spend 1K on a PC to run 4K/60fps is not true. I doubt you need to spend even half of that with a bit of shopping around. There is no reason a console can't run that.