Made the move

CombineBert

Made the move

Post by CombineBert »

My PC was so slow, to do anything, so I decided to upgrade, have paid a little extra for game specs.

It arrived on Friday, have installed FS from Steam and well ......... wow!

The amount of mods available has melted my brain. :neutralnew:

Had a quick drive around the West Coast, very nice indeed. Not decided on which map to play yet, was setting up on Thornton on the PS4.

Brace yourself for some, potentially daft, questions on various mods and the like.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
TacoFarmer

Re: Made the move

Post by TacoFarmer »

Somebody play taps. We lost another one.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

gosh dang it, we have another console soldier down.
Press F to pay respects
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

F
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Recently made the move too. It is a bit overwhelming with the mods and maps available. Glad I did though. Seasons is such a gamechanger.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Heeeeyyyy nice to see you made the move, it is totally worth it (sorry for your loss console players). I'm glad to help whenever you need it. Just make sure you actually play the game and not just download mods. Happy farming!
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Thanks for send off my console brothers and sisters. :biggrin2:

I will still play it on PS4 on occasion if the PC is in use. Downsizing to a 24 inch monitor from a 49 inch 4K TV with the PS4 Pro is going to take some adjustment too.

Agreed, the number of mods is staggering. I tended to blank the PC mods in testing and just focus on the console ones so as not to over set my expectations. The mods on console are very good and my thanks and respect goes to all modders that take the additional time to make their work console friendly.

Smith, most of my time has been "mod shopping" so far. :smileynew: I'm trying to document all the key combinations too, again, staggering. Have the PS4 controller configured almost the same as the console. A few more tweaks to go.

Need to get my head around seasons, follow me and the AI Extension then on to a proper game. Set up a sandbox game on GCV with the money cheat to have a test of stuff. Got me a Land Rover Defender and some trucks so far.
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Cool! You could always hook your pc up to your TV, some people on the forum have said that they do that. I personally use a monitor in my room. Enjoy all the mods though, that's one of the biggest plus of playing on a PC :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

I don't think the wife would be to impressed if I took over the PC and TV at the same time. :hmm:

Current FS19 Maps:
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

That's probably true :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I still play on Xbox but if I knew for sure that seasons wasn't going to consoles in fs19 I would switch also. I am just too lazy right now!
mnfarmer87

Post by mnfarmer87 »

Im still on xbox. But i will make the switch when i get done building my pc.
Xbox one soon to be pc gamer
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

I wish I could afford the move, but with two small kids, can't put the money in. Though I must say, with the vast difference in both quantity and quality of mods on pc vs console, I won't be surprised if more players go this route. With games like Pure Farming and others on the way, I honestly believe that FS will be somewhat short lived for consoles unless something changes. I really believe that Giants could do more to improve the game via updates, releasing their own (inhouse mods) or adapting those of others. I'm sure this post will tick off some people and make me seem like a hater.. But I'm as big a FS fan that there is and I've spent hundreds of hours playing this game.. But the major lack of content on consoles will likely see me hesitate before buying FS19.

Hope things get better down the road--Giants has great people and made a great game, but need to step it up once more
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Tuurboclaw wrote:I still play on Xbox but if I knew for sure that seasons wasn't going to consoles in fs19 I would switch also. I am just too lazy right now!
if seasons aint compatible for fs19 on consoles, I'm buying a pc
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

By dadgum 2018 I'm gonna have me a PC. R.I.P FF97's Xbox
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.