General Questions (PS4 Farmer)

Attack Wave

General Questions (PS4 Farmer)

Post by Attack Wave »

Hello! So, after playing the FS game on the iPad, I finally bought the FS 17 on the PS4 and have to say I love it.

However, I have some general questions about the farming, so any responses would be highly appreciated.

1. Farming, on a fresh field, at what stages should I be fertilising? Should I plough/ cultivate the field before I use a muckspreader, then use the sowing machine, then fertilise on top of that?

2. When I do Silage, which is best? Grass/ Chaff/ Straw (and so on).

3. Can you mix Grass & Chaff into the same Silage slot, or is it best to be separate?

4. How many Grass fields should I have?

5. Animals, are they hard to keep? Which animal gives the highest ratio of manuere?

6. I like Multiplayer, however can I purchase a server to play on the PS4 so I can grow my money?

I've also noticed most multiplayer sessions are lag central, which is most annoying when I have one fast internet connection.

Again, any replies will help me progress, so thanks and have a good day.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
eric21

Re: General Questions (PS4 Farmer)

Post by eric21 »

You can fertilize at any stage during crop growth 3 times or 1 time if you have that optin off. I have seen people using spreaders after harvesting.

Corn silage is th best in yield.

You can have many grass fields as you want

The more animals you have, the more requirement and time is needed to tend them, if you want a cow production with lots of cows then you need lots of feed available
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Attack Wave wrote: 5. Animals, are they hard to keep? Which animal gives the highest ratio of manuere?

6. I like Multiplayer, however can I purchase a server to play on the PS4 so I can grow my money?

I've also noticed most multiplayer sessions are lag central, which is most annoying when I have one fast internet connection.

I'll answer these for you
5- Animals aren't necessarily hard to keep, but they are expensive. Sheep are the easiest, as they require grass and (I think) water. You give them those, they provide wool pallets which you put on a trailer and take to the wool sell point. Cows require a lot more food, like TMR, grass, crops, water, but they produce manure and give you a lot of money from the milk. Pigs are the most expensive, and they take a lot of food, but when you sell them they give you a lot of money. As manure output, I'm not sure which one gives you more.

6- I know on PC you can buy a dedicated server which would really decrease the lag, but anyone can make a normal multiplayer server. You create a server with one of your existing saves (if you want, you can create a save specifically for a MP session) and let people join.

About the lag- that's most likely not coming from your internet, but the host's wifi.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

You cant make straw silage. You could in 15 though.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

my input: your question 1. i personally would do manure before cultivation, after cultivator but before planting i use solid fertilizer or slurry, after planting i would use liquid fertilizer or slurry, i ALWAYS leave 1 fertilization for stage 1 growth for weeder being its cheapest not including manure/slurry because they require animals, then growth stage 2/3 liquid fertilizer
your question 2. pouring grass into bunker silo at biogas/cows will cause grass to become chaff
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Attack Wave wrote:Hello! So, after playing the FS game on the iPad, I finally bought the FS 17 on the PS4 and have to say I love it.

However, I have some general questions about the farming, so any responses would be highly appreciated.

1. Farming, on a fresh field, at what stages should I be fertilising? Should I plough/ cultivate the field before I use a muckspreader, then use the sowing machine, then fertilise on top of that?

2. When I do Silage, which is best? Grass/ Chaff/ Straw (and so on).

3. Can you mix Grass & Chaff into the same Silage slot, or is it best to be separate?

5. Animals, are they hard to keep? Which animal gives the highest ratio of manuere?

Let me say this a get it out of the way, im not telling you to play MY way, this is how I play, ok now.
Q1, now your in a sense on a budget, because you have a loan, so i didn't know at the time that my fertilizer stages was set to 3, so if you want to stay on budget, set it to 1, and it dont matter what form of fertilizer you do, the outcome is the same.
Q2, When you say Chaff, you mean corn right? I was getting mixed answers for this topic, one says grass is better, the other says its corn, so i have no idea on that part.
Q3 you can mix them, but it'll be the same, if you know what i mean.
Q4, i dont know what map your playing on, but im on GCV, i have field 25 in grass, i think that's the field. Its big, but not overwhelming, i get 2 full bale trailers full of bales, and have like 1 or 2 left over.
Q5, no they are not hard to take care of, but i think cows give the most manure(s), but when you buy animals, start small, like for cows, buy like 5 of them to get a good start, then when you have some money coming in, but a few more, same as pigs and sheep, but what i would do before buying cows is getting all the equipment, always be prepared, you know baler, bale grabber, bale wrapper, loading wagon, mower(s), all that.
As for Q6, that part i have no idea, im not one of those technical guys, so i can't help you on that part.
That is how i approach the game, but just play the game how you played other simulation games, and everything else will be gravy.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just on the server bit, there is no dedicated servers for console.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Hey Guil, what is a dedicated server?
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Attack Wave wrote:
Depends on what map you're playing and what type of farming you want to do. The American maps tend to have a lot of grass areas around the fields so you can harvest a lot of free material without having any dedicated areas for grass. If you get the message that you don't own the field and the mower won't cut then try going around the field in the opposite direction. The UK maps (and others such as Old Stream Farm) tend to have dedicated grass fields as standard and you normally get a few to start off with.

Early on in the game grass is very useful for making money and you don't have a lot of fieldwork to be getting on with so can fill your days mowing for creating silage bales or loose silage for the biogas plant to make money. Later in the game it becomes more of an enabler for livestock but since the yield is high you don't actually need a lot of acreage of grass to work with. Grass/Hay is a lot of work in single player so I tend not to have many fields dedicated to it (just field 11 on GCV).

Bear in mind, in the game, you can mow an area and leave the loose grass then come back when the grass grows again and mow it again for a double yield. This way you only have to windrow, collect and/or bale the material half as often. With 3 mows or more before collecting you start to lose out in the windowing process. Grass is fully grown when you can see the flowers in it. Growth is quicker than crops and with fast growth set you can mow an area twice within a 24 hour period.

If you have an area (field) that you have planted grass in you can fertilise for a better yield. The weeder works in this respect (no fertiliser cost) but bear in mind it clears loose material so cannot be used after mowing once with loose grass laying in the field.
Guil

Post by Guil »

FordFarmer97 wrote:Hey Guil, what is a dedicated server?
A dedicated server runs constantly so anyone can join anytime as long as it's online.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Oh okay. That makes sense
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

REDSTER-85 wrote:my input: your question 1. i personally would do manure before cultivation, after cultivator but before planting i use solid fertilizer or slurry, after planting i would use liquid fertilizer or slurry, i ALWAYS leave 1 fertilization for stage 1 growth for weeder being its cheapest not including manure/slurry because they require animals, then growth stage 2/3 liquid fertilizer
your question 2. pouring grass into bunker silo at biogas/cows will cause grass to become chaff
can make/get slurry without animals it just take's taking chaff to the bio plant to make and sell silage slurry is a bonus from doing so don't think get as much as do with having animals but it's take's time depending on how one sell's it if done with a belt system or by dumping it in bucket by bucket but does make for some good $$$.
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Okay cheers for the responses guys.

One last thing, I've been rather addicted in watching various videos on YouTube with new and different mods. Now, do the consoles only use certain mods and the PC uses them all? Only I've been hunting around for a few pieces of equipment and I can't seem to find them anywhere :( haha.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes mods are more limited on console.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Attack Wave wrote:Okay cheers for the responses guys.

One last thing, I've been rather addicted in watching various videos on YouTube with new and different mods. Now, do the consoles only use certain mods and the PC uses them all? Only I've been hunting around for a few pieces of equipment and I can't seem to find them anywhere :( haha.
Best to add 'PS4' to your YouTube search to save disappointment of seeing what you can't have lol. The mods page of the GIANTS website has a filter for console available mods and is way better for browsing than the in-game mods section.