Contracting Crops

Althouse98

Contracting Crops

Post by Althouse98 »

I'm not so new to FS(been hooked on it since 2011) but since newer games came out why is it that the second you deliver a load of grain the market is immediately affected by it? Normally you get a few loads in before the price changes a lot....also just wondering if I'm the only one but if at one point prices are doing amazing would it be possible to be able to contract a grain at a certain time for a specific amount? Just curious/wondering what other people think, and I'd like some feedback...thank you and happy farming
DarrenK

Re: Contracting Crops

Post by DarrenK »

Yes, the market economy is rather ridiculous in '17, and way over the top in this regard. In '11, you had 24 hours for the market updates; you had an hour in '13 and '15. Thankfully, you can edit this to your liking for each sell station in the map01.xml file.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

When the price is white am I making profit?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

TacoFarmer wrote:When the price is white am I making profit?
A white price is average. Red means below average and green means above average, then blue means great demand where the price will not fluctuate as rapidly, but may not be the best price. So really you are probably making a profit when it is white, but you want to wait until it is green.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

jenna_q wrote:
TacoFarmer wrote:When the price is white am I making profit?
A white price is average. Red means below average and green means above average, then blue means great demand where the price will not fluctuate as rapidly, but may not be the best price. So really you are probably making a profit when it is white, but you want to wait until it is green.
I been waiting days.Its staying white.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

That will happen, Taco. I think that the game tracks how much you sell and how often. If you sell a whole bunch of barley two or three harvests in a row, for instance, it may take a while before the barley price comes back to green. I've held a fruit - but continued to plant and harvest it - for three or four harvests waiting for the price to come back up. When it does, I dump every last bit of it and make a fortune. That's only if I can afford to hold it and if I have room in the silo, of course. Diversity is the key.
Playing on PC
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

The market being affected immediately is silly, and great demands were retarded, and this ruined much of 17 for me. IMO they should have stuck with the 15 market, but I guess they know what we want better than we do. I mostly work with animals now. I'm looking forward to the upcoming competition to stir things up.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

hpmc13 wrote:That will happen, Taco. I think that the game tracks how much you sell and how often. If you sell a whole bunch of barley two or three harvests in a row, for instance, it may take a while before the barley price comes back to green. I've held a fruit - but continued to plant and harvest it - for three or four harvests waiting for the price to come back up. When it does, I dump every last bit of it and make a fortune. That's only if I can afford to hold it and if I have room in the silo, of course. Diversity is the key.
I been doing corn for silage only.I should plant and sell other stuff then? I cant afford to hold the product long. I never have really felt a grind this bad since my very first game.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I would, Taco. By doing only one crop you're driving the price down and keeping it there. Not terribly realistic but since you are the only one who occupies the entire world in FS you have to play the game its way.
Playing on PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

hpmc13 wrote:I would, Taco. By doing only one crop you're driving the price down and keeping it there. Not terribly realistic but since you are the only one who occupies the entire world in FS you have to play the game its way.
Thanks for the tip.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

what I think would be cool is for actual sell points to issue contracts for X amount of L of a certain crop. So say the brewery needs 100,000l of barley and they pay you a higher contract price for that. it would be an interesting addition to the game i think
Gaming PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

p0wd3rp1l0t wrote:what I think would be cool is for actual sell points to issue contracts for X amount of L of a certain crop. So say the brewery needs 100,000l of barley and they pay you a higher contract price for that. it would be an interesting addition to the game i think
Like in 15 on the work board.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

TacoFarmer wrote:
p0wd3rp1l0t wrote:what I think would be cool is for actual sell points to issue contracts for X amount of L of a certain crop. So say the brewery needs 100,000l of barley and they pay you a higher contract price for that. it would be an interesting addition to the game i think
It was fun and challenging at the same time.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Something like this is done in Gifts of the Caucasus map, where you get "missions" to provide crops in a short period of time at an elevated price.
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

TacoFarmer wrote:
sort of. i was thinking more along the lines of like you get a contract that would therefore require you to plant X amount of acres in that crop. in fs15, you usually had the crop stored already, and just delivered it to the sell point.
Gaming PC