Mud

OOWAR!!

Mud

Post by OOWAR!! »

With seasons I now expect more rain in the cooler months so more mud. But when it pees down the mud washes off machines even when ploughing a field.
Shouldn't it be sticking, clogging up, and ruining your day?

Lights. Let me turn them on when I wish.
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
ErwinR55

Re: Mud

Post by ErwinR55 »

maybe in FS2025 :)
PS4 player
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

Some people have commented that perhaps since Focus Home Interactive is now involved with Spintires ( http://www.focus-home.com/games/spintires:-mudrunner coming out end of this month), that there might be some conversation about the mud elements in spintires and whether they could come to a future version of FS :P Personally, I would be surprised that any of the technologies between the two games were compatible, but who knows :P
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

The problem with Spintires style mud in FS, according to Giants, is that it doesn't work very well for multiplayer. All the ground deforming would have to be synced across all the clients in a multiplayer game. Thats a lot of added data flying around and likely a lot of lag.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Although I don't play Spintires, I thought it had multiplayer. If true, and if Giants is blaming multiplayer for the lack of mud in FS, perhaps the developers need some training.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
quintto

Post by quintto »

thumbwiz wrote:Although I don't play Spintires, I thought it had multiplayer. If true, and if Giants is blaming multiplayer for the lack of mud in FS, perhaps the developers need some training.
it has multiplayer but the mud deformations don't sync between players
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

Spintires also does not have the "synchronizing players please wait" in multiplayer, so maybe spintires dev is on to something about synchronization in multiplayer :P
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

... or maybe they just aren't worried about it. It seems less important in a game like Spintires compared to FS.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I've mucked around a bit with Spintires (Ha! See what I did there?) and the mud/terrain is really amazing. I would love to see it, or some variation if it, in FS. From the little bit that I've played, it seems to me that in Spintires your range of view is very limited; you can't look across the entire map from a top of a hill for instance (correct me on that if I am wrong) whereas in FS you can see everything on the map from the right vantage point. I would think that this would slow the game down significantly if the engine also had to keep track of ruts and so forth. If two hundred bales and a few tractors bring it to its knees, imagine adding in the terrain effects.

Alternately, Spintires may run on a completely different engine that could handle all of these things. Maybe it's not a question of adding Spintires' effects to FS, but adding FS to Spintires.
Playing on PC
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

hpmc13 wrote:
Alternately, Spintires may run on a completely different engine that could handle all of these things. Maybe it's not a question of adding Spintires' effects to FS, but adding FS to Spintires.

It does. From what I've heard it's a custom engine built for that game. The new one mud runner does anyways
XBOX/ FS22