AI Extension Queries

CombineBert

AI Extension Queries

Post by CombineBert »

Hi folks

Last night thought I'd try the AI extension to plough field 14 on West Coast. Interesting results.

First it did "doughnuts". Had a play with the settings and then it promptly turned right, through the hedge and into the next field.

Do you need to plough the fields first so it can then detect what is and what isn't workable field?

Have watched a couple of vids but these were combing rather than ploughing.

I was in the field facing away from the paddock you drive through to get to it. Tractor was "in" the field with the edge to the right.

I also noticed a normal worker has many more angles of operation on a field. On the PS4 they were at 45 degrees from each other. Put a much shallower run down the field, in error, and had to fill the gaps in.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
sunshineminer

Re: AI Extension Queries

Post by sunshineminer »

I have also had similar problems when ploughing on TWC, but in my case field 14 was one of the best without any glitches. My similar problem was in field 36 when tractor and plough turned through the hedge into field 43 and ploughed six furrows across it until stopped by a tree on the far side. In ploughing field 36 nothing was set to "allow create fields" and it should not have applied to field 43 anyway. My initial ploughing technique in any field is to plough round the edges with the AI helper to make sure all the arable land has been worked and this correctly does not plough the headland grass, so why it ploughed grass in f43 is a mystery. However I've had the same issue on CPF and similar but not so drastic problems on Dowland Farm. Ploughed for about 100 hours with AI helper on Lawfolds with little or no problem. The common links where I've had major issues are Seasons Mod and Multi Terrain Angle maps. Had worse problems trying to sow crops on TWC with AI helper before any fields ploughed. Look forward to more comments.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I find AI Extension works fine on the map. You just need to use it properly.

First TWC does have Multi Terrain Angle so it has for more angles than the limited default 4 ones. Having more angles allows you to pick the best angle for the field, plus it looks far better as the soil direction follows the tool much better, nothing worse than ploughing and having the plough texture appearing at an angle behind you.

First turn AI extension off and set your worker to do 1 straight line of ploughing across the field, I find the the compass mod useful for checking what the heading is.

Then I turn the tractor around line it up with the first ploughed line and then turn AI Extension on. Make sure you have set the headland to its maximum distance. This is how you would do it in real life.

Make sure the tool detection is on the correct side. (Towards the ploughed texture) and press "H". I find fixed 3pt hitch tools work best for not leaving any gaps, but it does work ok with trailed equipment.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I tried the AI extension when I first got fs17 and, while I found it good for doing headlands, it wasn't capable of maintaining a straight line across a field, it would always curve back towards the ploughed land at the ends. This was on Lawfolds, using the amazon cayron on a tw35, and the mid sized jympa on a 724 favorit. I can't remember whether it did the same with seeders, but it was bugging me enough that I went with courseplay for just about everything by the time I was harvesting!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

I had not amended the headland setting, I will try that, thanks Bill.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The only facets of the default AI that need adding to it is a headland width setting for when your ploughing, cultivating, and seeding. The other one is the ability for harvesters to track the crop, and the ability to go in circle mode for doing headlands first.

With those 3 features it allows you to use AI workers on any map.

AI extension is great for harvesting.

There used to be a mod for Fs13 and Fs15 called Hired Help. It was a simple mod that allowed you to set a headland width and track number on any vehicle. Unfortunately know one has converted it yet to Fs17. Needs a scripter.