I just realized tonight how crazy overkill my GTX 1080 was for this game even in 4k

Rbk_3

I just realized tonight how crazy overkill my GTX 1080 was for this game even in 4k

Post by Rbk_3 »

I built a rig solely for this game with a 1080 GTX so I could play at 60 FPS on my 4K TV.

I thought I was done until FS19, so I sold my 1080 while it still had good value in August. Well, I got a huge craving to play again so I bought a 3GB GTX 1060 cheap intending to play at 1080P instead of 4k but I can get 4K 60FPS still even with increased draw distance in the XML.

This amazes me, because I cannot get even close to a solid 60fps on my PS4 Pro even with 1080p setting.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Metal Moss

Re: I just realized tonight how crazy overkill my GTX 1080 was for this game even in 4k

Post by Metal Moss »

I would never sell my 1080ti for anything. I play other games too. But yeah, farm sim is not very demanding for graphics cards.
PrincessJessi84

Re: I just realized tonight how crazy overkill my GTX 1080 was for this game even in 4k

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

yea this game requires so little in terms of graphics.. im running a VERY modest rx460 and while i doubt i can run 4k resolution im able to run this card at its max settings with the game on the highest settings no problem.. this is y im so interested to see what giants and similar companies do with the extra vram in the newly announced xbox which is said to have 12 gigs of vram if i recall correctly (and soon playstation im sure).. even if we dont play on console if they step up their game to utilize the resources of this upcoming gen of consoles it will translate into a game that will make better use of our now op video cards
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I don't think that's VRAM, its system RAM. Its shared by the CPU and the graphics hardware. I don't think the consoles have dedicated video ram. Its one of the advantages of running a PC with a graphics card.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
PrincessJessi84

no i just checked.. microsoft is saying it has 12gb ddr5 video ram.. check it out.. its the xbox one x.. the listed specs put it at the most powerful console ever made by a fair margin
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:no i just checked.. microsoft is saying it has 12gb ddr5 video ram.. check it out.. its the xbox one x.. the listed specs put it at the most powerful console ever made by a fair margin
No he's correct, it has 12 GB of Ram total that is used for Ram and VRam. Games only have access to 9gb of it and the rest is for the OS and stuff.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

It is definitely the most powerful console to date. I'm planning on buying one. They are using the type of RAM often used in graphic cards. You'll note, if you check the specs, that there is no other RAM in the machine (except for a small bit of embedded static RAM). Either they've found a way to run software without RAM (not possible) or this is to be used as system/graphics memory.

Edit: I was mistaken: the X doesn't have any embedded static RAM -- just the 12 GB GDDR5 RAM.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
PrincessJessi84

ok well i stand corrected.. either way my original point still stands.. from a console perspective this thing is a beast and if game devs utilize the performance capabilities of it we pc users can only benefit.. right now the only thing thats really holding us back with lots of games is the same thing that holds console users back.. performance limitations of the consoles.. pc specific games dont really suffer that limitation but cross platform games certainly do
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^here we go again with the whole pc is suffering thing......
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
PrincessJessi84

u arent serious right now?! im presenting a situation that could be mutually beneficial to both pc and console users alike.. u know.. im not the one throwing around this "pc master race" **** so y dont u push on with the attitude thanks
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:right now the only thing thats really holding us back with lots of games is the same thing that holds console users back.. performance limitations of the consoles.. pc specific games dont really suffer that limitation but cross platform games certainly do
just saying
My Discord
PrincessJessi84

just because u dont like whats being said doesnt make it any less true.. simply put current consoles do not perform as well as even an average gaming pc does.. but its all market driven.. when pc specs out perform consoles by such a vast amount the anchor is consoles.. then consoles make major advances in performance opening up the market for better games across all the platforms allowing everyone, not just pc users, to have better games with more options, graphics, gameplay, etc.. now u can get butthurt about it all u want to.. i dont really care.. but in cases like this it is console users like yourself who r perpetuating this stupid pc elitist thing
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

ok but they still have to make games for the normal xbox one, I know microsoft said there will be 2 versions of games for both the normal xbox one and the other version for xbox one x. But think, now devs will have to make two versions of their game. Considering they have to release it to the normal xbox one if they want to release it to xbox at all.
So I think you can see where this is going, its almost like the mod situation with fs right now. Why would devs (modders, in our fs comparison) want to spend the extra time to optimize it for the xbox one x (consoles, in our fs comparison) when it takes more time. So now if game devs are forced to make 2 versions of the game, why not just release it to pc where they only have to make one version.
See now consoles arent benefiting from the whole situation are we?

The only way I can see us benefiting is from the bigger games that dont have a problem with making 2 versions like call of duty, battle field, and forza to name a few.
My Discord
PrincessJessi84

thats where u r wrong.. they have and will make multiple versions.. there r even multiple versions of fs17 where the more powerful machines such as ps4 pro and pc r able to utilize things like increased draw distance and different things.. the game systems dont follow the progress of game devs.. game devs follow the progress of the game systems.. its always been this way and that trend isnt likely to change.. more powerful hardware is simply a way for devs to really get to show off their game through improved graphics and options.. they either keep up or risk losing their market share to devs who will.. its really that simple.. so yea maybe not next week but in just a little time u will see that more powerful consoles will benefit everyone.. and in the end it will boil down to your willingness to play up to date games.. it applies to every single one of us.. we either upgrade and keep up to date with the current tech to have access to the current games or we dont and we r playing games that r out of date while others continue to line the pockets of system and game makers and benefit from the ground breaking tech

i also wanna point out that your comparison to the modding in fs17 is hardly an accurate comparison.. most modders dont make multiple versions of their mods because they arent getting paid to do so.. there is no market share to maintain.. they make what they want to for fun.. game devs however do have a market share to maintain.. they must keep their relevance or risk fading into obscurity.. they r trying to build and maintain companies with paid employees and the only way to do that in todays day and time is through innovation and progress.. its hardly comparable to modding
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

ok so if I want to play the "updated" games I have to buy a new console???
I would rather have a pc. Like you've said before, and like I've said before, pc is clearly superior to console. So in what way does the people with the basic xbox one win in this situation????

Anyways I'm glad this is more of a friendly argument, sometimes its healthy to argue :biggrin2:
My Discord