I just realized tonight how crazy overkill my GTX 1080 was for this game even in 4k

Earnest Pea

Re: I just realized tonight how crazy overkill my GTX 1080 was for this game even in 4k

Post by Earnest Pea »

Microsoft has stated that games made for the XBox One will run on all XBox One's (original, S, & X). Developers may choose to include code to detect and make use of the extra horsepower of the X, but it will be the same executable for all three versions of the machine. Based on that, its highly unlikely that we'll see seperate versions for each version of the console. I suspect that Giants will patch in code for the X, like they did for the PS4 Pro.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
redglasses

Re: I just realized tonight how crazy overkill my GTX 1080 was for this game even in 4k

Post by redglasses »

^^Exactly "may choose" they dont have to
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

I did a test, playing at 1800p to see what would happen if I maxed my 3gb of ram out. I bought 20+ different tractors and combines to go along with my saved game with already a bunch of equipment on GCV and scattered them at different areas of the map. I monitored my Vram and it was pretty much maxed at 2980mb but couldn't get it to go to the full 3000mb but my frame rate still stayed at a rock 60fps even at a high resolution like 1800p. Why did I not get any performance hit?

I read guys on here saying you would want at least 4GB.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ok I'll just build a pc exactly like yours :lol:
EDIT: just found all the parts, how, just how do you afford something like that :lol:
My Discord
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

redglasses wrote:^^ok I'll just build a pc exactly like yours :lol:
EDIT: just found all the parts, how, just how do you afford something like that :lol:
I sold the 1080 and downgraded to the 1060, but even still, 2000 isn't all that much money lol
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^LOL :biggrin2: would someone here recommend a 1050?
I know that their last gen, but I would rather not pay an extra $100 on a card :lol:
My Discord
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

redglasses wrote:^^LOL :biggrin2: would someone here recommend a 1050?
I know that their last gen, but I would rather not pay an extra $100 on a card :lol:
Press F to pay respects.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^hay (see what I did there :lol:) you stole my joke :lol:
My Discord
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ :lol: :lol:
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Rbk_3 wrote:
This amazes me, because I cannot get even close to a solid 60fps on my PS4 Pro even with 1080p setting.
Yes you can. On the Pro the game is pretty much locked at 60fps at 1080p in standard mode and is quite close to being locked at 1080p in enhanced mode. Even at 1440p you get 60fps more often than not. I play the game in full native 4K on my Pro and most of the time its totally fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlGyq8ei-wM
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Mobias wrote:
Rbk_3 wrote:
This amazes me, because I cannot get even close to a solid 60fps on my PS4 Pro even with 1080p setting.
Yes you can. On the Pro the game is pretty much locked at 60fps at 1080p in standard mode and is quite close to being locked at 1080p in enhanced mode. Even at 1440p you get 60fps more often than not. I play the game in full native 4K on my Pro and most of the time its totally fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlGyq8ei-wM
Maybe when you have a few starting pieces of equipment. Once you get a few pieces and have multiple helpers is dips way down.
I own the game for PS4 Pro as well. The guy in that video is just dinking around with the starting equipment.
mnfarmer87

Post by mnfarmer87 »

I wonder if i can run it on a ryzen 3 1200 and either 2 geforce 7600's or 1 7600 or 1 gtx 670 what would be better in your opinion
Xbox one soon to be pc gamer
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

For GPU go with whatever has more VRAM. If you use mods at all, it's going to add up. I have seen VRAM usage as high as 7GB with some poorly optimized mods. No idea how it will run on a Ryzen 3, but my backup rig has na ancient i7 950 (a 2009 CPU) and runs the game quite well.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^yo hit me up with your "back up rig" :lol:
My Discord
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

No can do, I need it in case my main one dies. It's happened before ;) Besides, I have a sentimental fondness for it. It was, at the time, the most expensive PC I have ever put together, I overclocked the stuff out of it, had it running 24/7 for several years and even now, 8 years later, it still runs most things almost as well as my i7 7700k.