Allis Chalmers

cmdrbyron

Re: Allis Chalmers

Post by cmdrbyron »

tecaterunner wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:04 pm Its stuff that agco wont let them use every agco item
Unfortunately, IP licensing is not that easy/straightforward.

Ask yourself this question - how much more would you be willing to pay in order to have the full AGCO line-up available in-game? Then ask yourself, how much would everyone else be willing to pay to have the same? Consider that there is developer/artist/programmer time required to implement (yes, even to support mods).

Now take a step back and ask - just how much of the line-up is actually going to be used? Proportionately, how long will it be used, and by how many players. The outcome of these questions heavily favours larger number of players using it for a moderate amount of time, as it typically yields the best return on investment

Those are the questions that Giants needs to consider anytime IP licensing comes into play. Companies rarely let others profit off of their Intellectual Property, without taking a piece for themselves. Then you need to consider the scope of the game vs the number of people they have available to work on it.

Very complex problem!
tecaterunner

Post by tecaterunner »

No i get what ur saying but if i could my whole farm would be ac
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly!

In retrospect, I am actually a big fan of the way Giants has approached the franchise. Rather than rushing to put in absolutely as much as you can, as fast as you can, they have taken a more conservative, "delayed-gratification" approach. I already spend far too much time trying to decide if I want a Case, NH, Fendt or other Tractor (I like to mix things up, but I also like consistency... mixed emotions!). Now, with cotton, oats and JD entering the fray, I suspect I will spend even more time trying to decide what to spend my hard-earned cash on, vice actually playing the game LOL!
tecaterunner

Post by tecaterunner »

I would like to see them add more older equipment. Yea its fun to play with new stuff but lets be honest most farms are not that big and they are all using older equipment. One of the farms I grew around is still using old farmalls and I think there newest tractor is a tw-15. So I would like to have old equipment and work my way up to new equipment vises just expanding my farm. Though I will admit they did better this time with the starter equipment than tbey fid in years before.
Harley_Quinn1

Post by Harley_Quinn1 »

I am not old yet by any means but I’ve lived through when 100-200 horse tractors were the heavy lifters to not seeing anything in the fields under 400 horse. There is a great number of fond memories that go by looking at and touching and possibly using this equipment in Farming Simulator. I always get excited when I see the old American Iron tractors. The new stuff is kinda meh to me. I like them I’ve driven many of them in real life but in the end it’s not much different than hitting the hire worker button. Turn around auto steer button and go back to Netflix. I love the old stuff an my Father and Grandfather ran AC.