Allis Chalmers

Nigelbilt

Re: Allis Chalmers

Post by Nigelbilt »

The licensing agreement maybe only for certain brands under agco. Just like there is no Fords even though they have the license for New Holland. Licensing is extremely complex when you deal with major corporations.
tecaterunner

Post by tecaterunner »

This is true but im not sure if new holland owns the rights to ford so that could be the issue. But who knows you may be right that they dont want to do that
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Oh okay. Thanks!
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

tecaterunner wrote:This is true but im not sure if new holland owns the rights to ford so that could be the issue. But who knows you may be right that they dont want to do that
What happened in the day is that Ford bought out New Holland which is why the tractor are too this day Ford Tractor Bought and New Holland Harvsters is Yellow balers mowers and the other haying equipment to include Manure spreaders where added when Fiat bought out New Holland From the Ford and the deal included the complete drop of the Ford name. Ford Motor Company then dropped the Agricultural side of there business and New Holland itself not Fiat kept the rights to Ford Tractor Company. Only the right of the Ford Agricultural line was kept not the name itself it was re named New Holland North America. That is what I was told about it some time ago may not be 100 accurate though.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

tecaterunner wrote:This is true but im not sure if new holland owns the rights to ford so that could be the issue. But who knows you may be right that they dont want to do that
Here's how I THINK it would work. New Holland owns the rights to Ford Ag. Therefore, since Ford Ag is owned by New Holland, it would seem that the current NH license would cover Ford Ag equipment. Where it gets confusing would be since Ford Motors still makes vehicles. So, I think that they would have to get a license with Ford to use the Ford name even though the Ford Ag brand is now part of NH.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

And this is why corporate licensing is complex af lol
Guil

Post by Guil »

It may or may not be a blanket new Holland licence and none of us have any hope of finding out.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Guil wrote:It may or may not be a blanket new Holland licence and none of us have any hope of finding out.
Pretty much kinda weird the post I made was Allis Chalmers and seeking help to make the mode turned into this
Guil

Post by Guil »

Unfortunately nothing on this forum stays on the current topic and unless I ban a few regulars that won't change anytime soon.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

I'd love to help, but aside from historical accuracy(looks, power levels, etc) I couldn't really be of much help.

I'd love to learn how to do the modding, but I don't have the tools to do it or the knowhow.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
tuki24ia

Post by tuki24ia »

Hope these see the light of day! Been ages since any decent allis mods have been put out for fs.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

tuki24ia wrote:Hope these see the light of day! Been ages since any decent allis mods have been put out for fs.
still in the process of seeing what needs be done found a 8550 mod that I am gonna get they don't look good but work can be done to get theme to look good. Fixing little issue found here and there and such right now stuck on trying to figure how to give the tired the puffy look when loaded where the tire flattens slightly.
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

Guil wrote:Unfortunately nothing on this forum stays on the current topic and unless I ban a few regulars that won't change anytime soon.
I now that the way it is not saying anything bad about it just the way it is.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote:Unfortunately nothing on this forum stays on the current topic and unless I ban a few regulars that won't change anytime soon.
You should love regulars cause they love you back :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

I hope you come through on this since I can't seem to find the old iron pack anywhere. If you need a hand testing stuff, just let me know. I went mental and got the OS X version of the game. :lol:
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi: