Old Stream V2 map questions

El3mentGamer

Old Stream V2 map questions

Post by El3mentGamer »

Obviously I've came to discover that these G1, G2, etc. are grass fields on the map. The titles are green, so I assume I own them?

Is there anything other than hay I can do with these fields? Like, is it possible to plow some area to turn them into fields?

Anything else I should know about Old Stream would be greatly accepted! Please share everything!
PS4: EL3MENTGAMER // GÓRALE - FS17 // SEASONS
Nigelbilt

Re: Old Stream V2 map questions

Post by Nigelbilt »

Yes, you can plow owned pastures. Besides hay, you can use grass for silage bales or directly into a pit and/or feed.
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

IIRC the grass fields on Old Streams are already set up as arable, meaning you can fertilize the grass (ground color changes). Just cultivate and you have a field ready for a crop.
Farming on PS5
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

Nigelbilt wrote:Yes, you can plow owned pastures. Besides hay, you can use grass for silage bales or directly into a pit and/or feed.
Awesome. If you care to expand on this. Grass becomes silage when wrapped, correct? Does it take time or does it instantly become silage?
Old-an-Slow wrote:IIRC the grass fields on Old Streams are already set up as arable, meaning you can fertilize the grass (ground color changes). Just cultivate and you have a field ready for a crop.
Awesome! So no need to plow then.. I love it.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Ya, either wrap them and they become silage (if you are using Seasons, it takes 1/3rd a season to ferment) or just dump the grass into a silage pit.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Excellent map choice! I loved playing this map, lots of hours on it.

Most of the grass fields that are next to other fields I made arable and joined together - you have way more grass on this map than you ever need, G11 is huge for a start!

The area S of field 17 is hard standing intended for you to be able to create your own 2nd farmyard as you please. However, you have access to the courtyard just to the E of G7 just around the corner from the shop so I used this for my vehicles and plowed the hard standing area to make field 17 huge (around 7 ha).

I had several wood chip great demands on this map and made good use of them as there are a lot of areas to deforest to allow larger fields (N&S of field 17 for a start). I was raking in more than a million each time on normal.

My only slight complaint with the map is the single crop sell point as it becomes a bit of a grind making the journey over and over. Oh and that some of the trees are nightmares to chop up and chip - like between fields 6&7.
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

FarmerJimbob wrote:Excellent map choice! [...] My only slight complaint with the map is the single crop sell point as it becomes a bit of a grind making the journey over and over. Oh and that some of the trees are nightmares to chop up and chip - like between fields 6&7.
Thanks for the reply! :gamer:

Single sell point bothers me a bit. I enjoyed on some other maps how you could check the prices of businesses, and the journey would be different most of the time. It is what it is though!

More grass than I'd ever need for sure. I went ahead and planted grass as well in the two starter fields next to the farm; lol dumb I know. Really want to utilize a small amount of equipment until I progress as I'm on hard mode. Thinking I might plow a couple of the fields together to make for better AI workers.

Also those trees...... man! Last night while playing I went and chopped down a handful around the edge of my field for convience. You're so right. It's so awkward to climb them, and have to cut off all the odd ball curved branches... ugh.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Oh yeah, I remember now I had to go climbing some trees along the roads and do a spot of tree surgery as a lot of equipment would get caught up on low hanging branches. Especially with traffic on. Great map though.