Why are the case 7130 and 9230 so slow

canadafarms

Re: Why are the case 7130 and 9230 so slow

Post by canadafarms »

Earnest Pea wrote:Could the speed difference be due to market? The only set of specs showing the maximum speed for the 30 series that I can find are European (https://konedata.net/puimurit/internati ... 0-2011-14/). They show the max. speed as 25 kph (15.5 mph). Could it be that the North American ones have different specs? It wouldn't be too odd. MF doesn't even sell the same combines in Europe and North America.
I think your right on with this, likely those are the specs they used. Giants usually seem to pay very close attention to detail on their models so this makes sense. I find it funny that the Case spec for that market would be slower being that the tractors over there seem to be quite fast usually.
PaulDuPouy wrote:There's different laws involved in different markets, AGCO has been going on a PR binge against grey market Fendt, Massey, & Valtra equipment in the US that shouldn't be here and doesn't meet North American standards
So when you say grey market, is that machines that were say European specs and then brought over to NA for example?
PS4
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

canadafarms wrote:
PaulDuPouy wrote:There's different laws involved in different markets, AGCO has been going on a PR binge against grey market Fendt, Massey, & Valtra equipment in the US that shouldn't be here and doesn't meet North American standards
So when you say grey market, is that machines that were say European specs and then brought over to NA for example?

That would be correct
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

So it turns out to be pretty easy to modify the harvester. I just created a mod with the vehicle’s XML file and changed the RPM and the max speeds. However, i am still nailing down a couple of issues, since it looks like exporting the hsrvester’s XML breaks file links, and i don’t want to have to re-distribute all of the meshes and textures. Hopefully I can spend some more time on it this week when I’m not bogged down with other stuff.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Shouldn't be too hard for you considering you say you "develop" Xbox games. A simple .xml file should be easy :|
Redneck Farmer

Post by Redneck Farmer »

Nigelbilt wrote:
TomXP411 wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:Why do you assume cost equals better? And what does that have to do with performance differences and their implementation?
Maybe because that's what cost means. You pay more money for a better product, one that is superior in some way. In a video game, a higher cost always equals better capabilities - at least in theory. The whole price structure in this game is set up so that you buy better equipment to "level up".
Nigelbilt wrote:By definition, it's an imitation with purpose. Simulation has never meant 1:1 with reality. Hence it's a simulation, not a replication. The word "simulation" doesn't mean what the vast amount of simulation enthusiasts think it means. Which leads to complaints of 9mph like this.
In fact, the term simulator means exactly what the vast amount of simulation enthusiasts think it means, because that is its actual definition. Here's the textbook definition: "a machine with a similar set of controls designed to provide a realistic imitation of the operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes."

A simulator is supposed to represent the real thing. Flight Simulators represent real airplanes with as much fidelity as possible; ideally, a person who can fly a plane in a flight simulator can sit down in a real aircraft and also fly it. In fact, an airline pilot's first time flying an airliner is on a flight full of passengers, because the simulators are that good.

And there's no such thing as a "replicator" in computer terms. A replicator is a living organism or cell that reproduces itself.

You are literally redefining terms to suit your definition. What you're describing is properly termed a game. If this program is a game, then it should be called something other than Farming Simulator.
Sure bud, same argument simulation elitists have always used. Farming Simulator is a game and if think it's not, if you think "simulations" hold some superiority over "games", that is your issue to deal with.

As for the rest, there is no way to debate the vast amount of wrong in your post. You are literally changing concepts to suit your own agenda.
nigeblilt simulators are ment to simulate REAL LIFE not replicat real life. maybe you should go pick up a dictionary and read the definition of simulator for your self instead of saying that millions of people are idiots.

edit by guil. Leave out the personal insults please.
Last edited by Redneck Farmer on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX ONE and PC
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Redneck Farmer wrote:
nigeblilt simulators are ment to simulate REAL LIFE not replicat real life. maybe you should go pick up a dictionary and read the definition of simulator for your self instead of saying that millions of people idiots.

edit by guil. Leave out the personal insults please.
Hmmmm
Nigelbilt wrote:By definition, it's an imitation with purpose. Simulation has never meant 1:1 with reality. Hence it's a simulation, not a replication. The word "simulation" doesn't mean what the vast amount of simulation enthusiasts think it means. Which leads to complaints of 9mph like this.

Why do you assume cost equals better? And what does that have to do with performance differences and their implementation?
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Nigelbilt ~ Your opinion has little to do with fact.
"You are literally changing concepts to suit your own agenda."
You are the ONLY person I've ever heard use the word "replicator".
-=-=-=-
SIMULATION: DEFINITION (vocabulary.com)
a. the act of imitating the behavior of some situation or some process by means of something suitably analogous (especially for the purpose of study or personnel training)
b. a creation that is a visual or tangible rendering of someone or something
c. (computer science) the technique of representing the real world by a computer program “a simulation should imitate the internal processes and not merely the results of the thing being simulated”

REPLICATION: DEFINITION (oxforddictionaries.com/us/)
the action of copying or reproducing something.
the repetition of a scientific experiment or trial to obtain a consistent result.
the process by which genetic material or a living organism gives rise to a copy of itself
-=-=-=-
Simulators are used to train real people everyday.
Be a racecar driver: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/meet- ... 0-6419397/

Be a pilot: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/ques ... tter-pilot
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

Fwiw, the John derp mods mostly go 16mph......just throwing that out there.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Have you heard about the lowloaders that can be used to transport combines?
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Doesn't FS17 still use MPH and KPH as a 1:1 changeover in game? I know the previous games did.
Playing on PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^no it actually changes
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

Phantoms wrote:Doesn't FS17 still use MPH and KPH as a 1:1 changeover in game? I know the previous games did.
I dont think fs15 was like that.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

To bad other things don't change with the other units
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer