Steering Wheel that works for Xbox One

TomXP411

Re: Steering Wheel that works for Xbox One

Post by TomXP411 »

And again, THE SIDE PANEL IS NOT A KEYBOARD. It is a game controller. The two are different things. You keep trying to press this point based on the incorrect sssumption that the side panel is a keyboard and will somehow be supported on consoles. It’s not. It never will be. The only way for the side panel to work on consoles is if Logitech creates s whole new device. Period.

You have shown no evidence that Microsoft is “moving away from” closed drivers. So far, nothing on the platform has changed, in that respect, since the XBox 360 came out. Keyboards have always been supported, but not HID game controllers. Only XInput, logo certified game controllers work on the XBox console.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

You are incorrect....... so.......gg bud, this is boring now.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Another option if you have an extra controller to tear apart, some electrical/electronics knowledge, a few tools such as soldering equipment, and some parts (wire, solder, extra buttons, ect.). Is to build your own side panel and use a manufactured wheel. Basically you would need to build a housing to hold the boards from the controller and then mount buttons and a joystick in the top, wire everything to the boards and then you have your own side panel... If you know what you are doing you can even make one button on the control panel activate what is a combination of buttons on the normal controller, and then another button that would only activate only one of the same buttons used in the combination... It can be done and similar 'modded' controllers (most of the ones I have seen are simpler than the side panel in this discussion, but it is possible) have been custom built before... How well they work and how nice they look is completely dependent on the knowledge, patience, and budget of the person doing it. If I can get the time and $ I plan on doing exactly this, but real life is demanding as a family man.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Ya, there are a ton of button box designs you can find online. Once you get that first box built you will be surprised at the ease of it. Good luck man.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Nigelbilt wrote:You are incorrect....... so.......gg bud, this is boring now.
Wow. You show no evidence and just continually say “you’re wrong.”

I’ve shown you Microsoft documentation backing up what I say. Your only evidence is “I say so.”

I honestly can’t figure out if you’re just trolling or actually believe what you’re saying.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

The ability to use any keyboard on Xbox one right now with certain titles and the fact that a button box is a keyboard is the only evidence that is needed. I mean, you are arguing against something that can actually be done right now so......

It has nothing to do wth believing what I am saying, it's believing in something that literally is happening right now. You can deny it all you want, makes no difference to me.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Nigelbilt wrote:The ability to use any keyboard on Xbox one right now with certain titles and the fact that a button box is a keyboard is the only evidence that is needed. I mean, you are arguing against something that can actually be done right now so......

It has nothing to do wth believing what I am saying, it's believing in something that literally is happening right now. You can deny it all you want, makes no difference to me.
You keep saying that "button box is a keyboard", but that's simply not true. A keyboard is a keyboard. A game controller is a game controller. The two use different protocols and send a different set of HID reports.

Yes, Microsoft has always allowed keyboards on the XBox consoles, ever since the 360 was released. But Microsoft has never allowed a non-certified game controller to operate on their consoles. The side panel is not a "button board". It's a joystick. Period. You can't make that different. So until you can support the statement that Microsoft allows non XBox joysticks to work on the XBox, the rest of what you're saying makes no sense.

Sure, you can disassemble the side panel and wire it to a keyboard encoder, but you're still not going to get all of the side panel's functions, because of that analog joystick. The last time I checked, keyboards don't have analog joysticks.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

You are still incorrect so........gg bud.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Nigelbilt wrote:You are still incorrect so........gg bud.
Then prove me wrong. Show me the Farm Simulator controller being used on a game console without some kind of controller adapter. Otherwise keep your "gg bud", whatever that is, to yourself.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Nigelbilt wrote:Ya, FS stands for "Farming Simulator". Xbox one is getting keyboard support, in some cases like PCars 2, it already has it. The side panel is a button box, aka a keyboard.

Once that opens up input devices like wheels and button boxes will be mappable and "console compatibility" won't matter.

Hence it was added in an edit and used the term "look at".
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

So... in other words... you're full of liquid fertilizer and can't actually back up your own statements. So you're moving the goal post.

It's okay to admit when you're wrong. In fact, that's one sign of being a grownup.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

What? That quote is from 5 days ago.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Nigelbilt wrote:What? That quote is from 5 days ago.
Yes, and it still makes zero sense. You brought up the Farm Sim wheel and side panel, tried to claim it will work someday because "it's a keyboard", and then doubled down when I called you on it. It is not a keyboard. It just isn't. I own one. I write computer software. I should know how that thing works.

Why bring it up at all if it won't work on a console?

Cheaper controllers can pretend to be XBox controllers with a controller adapter, but the Farm Sim controller is just too complex and would require a completely new device with new internals to work on the console at all.
KavanaghFarms19

Post by KavanaghFarms19 »

Wow this thread is exhausting lol...so if I hook up a usb keyboard to my Xbox what can I do with the keyboard?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Everything you can do with a controller and more
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.