Horsch AgroVation DLC

Case1370

Re: Horsch AgroVation DLC

Post by Case1370 »

#Joe2015 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:58 am
Case1370 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:46 am I hope this map isnt a finished product. I love the looks of the map, looks very realistic, in that aspect of it being a research farm, but the Dairy Barns have no milking parlor, or the auto milker that Giants has with their standard maps. Plus the 2nd Dairy Barn the closest to the grain bins, has no feeding trough or water trough. I hope they have plans to update the map, as Id like to play on it, but those things missing turn me off to playing on it. Outside of those things, its 1 of the more realistic maps out that Ive seen.
I haven't noticed the missing troughs in the 2nd barn, didnt really look that close. But probably wants happens is, you fill the 1st barn and that fills the 2nd barn, definitely not realistic. And I agree on the parlor part, if you look at the actual real map, there is a parlor between the 2 barns. The main reason I started this map was for the "real" dairy look alike. The barns are what dairy barns should look like, not just a field with a barn and random milking robot

Yes the dairy barns in the map, are more like many of the mega sized dairy barns, outside of no milking parlor. But there is still many dairy farms, who have their dairy cows on pasture. Unfortunately Giants, doesnt do a very good job, when it comes to realism, especially when it comes to the livestock side of things, whether it be Dairy, hogs or even sheep. I hope FS19, improves on this. With them adding in seasons mod into their game, along with adding it to the console version, Im hopeful FS19 will be improve the overall realism aspect of what us real farmers actually do, along with more realistic looking maps.

I do hope this Horsch Agrovation map, isnt a finished, and they atleast improve the dairy side of things. As far as the fields go both in size and how close they brought the edge of the fields up close to the road, so there isnt alot of grass side ditches is very well done. As I dont know hwo they do it in other parts of the world, but here in farmbelt of the USA, we farm as close to the road as possible. I always left as little as possible when it came to having to mow fence rows,lol.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

But this isn't a working farm it's a test farm
#Joe2015

Post by #Joe2015 »

Case1370 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:42 am
Case1370 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:46 am I hope this map isnt a finished product. I love the looks of the map, looks very realistic, in that aspect of it being a research farm, but the Dairy Barns have no milking parlor, or the auto milker that Giants has with their standard maps. Plus the 2nd Dairy Barn the closest to the grain bins, has no feeding trough or water trough. I hope they have plans to update the map, as Id like to play on it, but those things missing turn me off to playing on it. Outside of those things, its 1 of the more realistic maps out that Ive seen.
I haven't noticed the missing troughs in the 2nd barn, didnt really look that close. But probably wants happens is, you fill the 1st barn and that fills the 2nd barn, definitely not realistic. And I agree on the parlor part, if you look at the actual real map, there is a parlor between the 2 barns. The main reason I started this map was for the "real" dairy look alike. The barns are what dairy barns should look like, not just a field with a barn and random milking robot

Yes the dairy barns in the map, are more like many of the mega sized dairy barns, outside of no milking parlor. But there is still many dairy farms, who have their dairy cows on pasture. Unfortunately Giants, doesnt do a very good job, when it comes to realism, especially when it comes to the livestock side of things, whether it be Dairy, hogs or even sheep. I hope FS19, improves on this. With them adding in seasons mod into their game, along with adding it to the console version, Im hopeful FS19 will be improve the overall realism aspect of what us real farmers actually do, along with more realistic looking maps.

I do hope this Horsch Agrovation map, isnt a finished, and they atleast improve the dairy side of things. As far as the fields go both in size and how close they brought the edge of the fields up close to the road, so there isnt alot of grass side ditches is very well done. As I dont know hwo they do it in other parts of the world, but here in farmbelt of the USA, we farm as close to the road as possible. I always left as little as possible when it came to having to mow fence rows,lol.
It would be cool if they would come up with a map that you could do a pasture rotation on or a base map that you could chose your own barns and sheds for your equipment and livestock
PC/Clover Creek/Parker’s Prairie
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

#Joe2015 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:01 pm
Case1370 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:42 am

It would be cool if they would come up with a map that you could do a pasture rotation on or a base map that you could chose your own barns and sheds for your equipment and livestock

totally agree custom map I got a feeling giants been listening and the 2019 version is going to blow all our minds
#Joe2015

Post by #Joe2015 »

I'd like to see more American style maps from Giants, even though they are European, they have a huge following State side. Along with that, it'd be cool to see silos and more realistic dairy barns and pig barns and maybe be able to do different TMR mixes like mixing in corn or soybean and maybe add alfalfa for the hay instead of using plain ol'grass
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

#Joe2015 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 pm I'd like to see more American style maps from Giants, even though they are European, they have a huge following State side. Along with that, it'd be cool to see silos and more realistic dairy barns and pig barns and maybe be able to do different TMR mixes like mixing in corn or soybean and maybe add alfalfa for the hay instead of using plain ol'grass

I liked to see all these things you have mentioned in your post. Probably be rather difficult to code in pasture rotations, but would be nice addition. Ive always thought it was odd they have added in actual alfalfa/clover mix for haying, instead of just using plain grass. The feeding of Livestock definitely needs improved, especially when it comes to hog feed. The 2 main ingredients IRL for hog feed is corn and bean meal, IRL we dont feed hogs the way the game portrays it,lol.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

Case1370 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:18 am
#Joe2015 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 pm I'd like to see more American style maps from Giants, even though they are European, they have a huge following State side. Along with that, it'd be cool to see silos and more realistic dairy barns and pig barns and maybe be able to do different TMR mixes like mixing in corn or soybean and maybe add alfalfa for the hay instead of using plain ol'grass

I liked to see all these things you have mentioned in your post. Probably be rather difficult to code in pasture rotations, but would be nice addition. Ive always thought it was odd they have added in actual alfalfa/clover mix for haying, instead of just using plain grass. The feeding of Livestock definitely needs improved, especially when it comes to hog feed. The 2 main ingredients IRL for hog feed is corn and bean meal, IRL we dont feed hogs the way the game portrays it,lol.
There are a lot of things different in real life. Our milk parlor had 8 stalls and very little room between them and we had to teach the cows which stall to go in because we had 3 that would stick their feet in the milk bucket of the cow next door every day. We milked by hand cause dad said it would give us character. Everyone at work calls me a character, but I don't think that was what dad had in mind.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
#Joe2015

Post by #Joe2015 »

Growing up my family had a dairy, we had a double 4 parallel, with 4 swing over milker, then we added 4 more so no more swing overs. A family friend had a farm that was a double 8 with automatic take off robotic arms. We pastured our cows but most farms in my home town do except for a couple that dont and keep them in barns
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Remmeber guys this is not a working farm
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Apologies if it's been mentioned but is there a sell point for bales on this map? Can't find it yet.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

There isn't an update I don't think
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 am

There are a lot of things different in real life. Our milk parlor had 8 stalls and very little room between them and we had to teach the cows which stall to go in because we had 3 that would stick their feet in the milk bucket of the cow next door every day. We milked by hand cause dad said it would give us character. Everyone at work calls me a character, but I don't think that was what dad had in mind.

LOL, Sounds like you did things the hard way, we had a farrow to finish hog operation, as well as grain farmed, and growing up we did it the hard way too. We let our sows out of the farrowing crates 2 times a day to eat and drink, and used wood shavings for bedding in the farrowing house. So letting sows out and cleaning crates, wasnt the most fun job, I will say that, but after having hogs in confinement barns, for many yrs, until I got out of the hog business around 12 or 13 yrs ago, if I were to ever get back in it, Id go back to the hard way of doing things, over the confinement barns any day.
drokz077

Post by drokz077 »

Hi there

I love the horsch map but i have one problem with it
I cant find the shop trigger does any one know where it is or have a screen shot of IT ?? Btw iam on ps4 :search: :?:
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Article is old but 560 cows on the farm. It is certainly a working farm. There is no bale sell point, the shop is west of the farm at the fuel station.
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Great points. I'm of a similar background of cash crops and hogs. It would be nice if we could use some of our crops in this game to grind our own feed for hogs. It could make hogs more profitable in the seasons mod as well