Game stutter on XB1/PS4.

BulletBill

Re: Game stutter on XB1/PS4.

Post by BulletBill »

The problem is plenty of people on console experience no stuttering or very little lag on West Coast through to having a lot.

Also people are finding it on the default maps with no mods.

The issue could either be individual variances of each consoles performance.

How cool the ambient temp is in your room and how dust free your console is. (The amount of people who have it somewhere the fans can't breathe and its clogged with dust is amazing)

Another issue could be the game itself, however there seems to be no constant, as it does and doesn't affect both PS4 and Xbox One.

It could also be the mod, however some peoole find no issues whereas others find lots.
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

Hi bulletbill, I think your maps are fantastic, I love playing on them.

To clarify my experience.

West Coast is the worst case scenario for me, although I have experienced it on every map since day one, including the base maps with no mods, and also on the previous version FS 15 on Xbox 360. I have tried to fault find it, by deleting all mods, fresh install, only having one tractor, or no workers etc etc but it still persists.

For anyone on Xbox 1 x, or any other console version - as a test, see if you are similar in experience to this - go into the cab view and drive around anywhere on the west coast or another detailed map, you may get 30-60secs where it's smooth, then it will lag, to make it worse bring up the transparent minimap, you will be lucky if it's not constantly stuttering. On my cousins new x1x it seems to be the same.

I play in cab view a lot, which seems to trigger it, although with a busy farm I do get it in 3rd person view.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

AgriJock wrote:My cousin has just received his Xbox 1 x. Unfortunately the extra horsepower of this new console doesn't make any difference. Which makes me think something else is causing this. I asked him to load up the west coast and test if he still gets stuttering, lag and frame rate drops. The west coast seems to be the map that my Xbox 1 struggles with the most, and it's spoiling the experience.

From the video he sent me it's just as bad. For ref - I asked him to jump in to a fendt, drive in the cab view and pull up the minimap.

Disappointing.
Didnt giants say they were going to release an update for fs17 on xbox one x so it could run better? Or is it just something that comes up with the xbox one x that makes it run better without an update?
If so has he downloaded the update?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

I think the update for X1X was included in the last patch.
As he received the console only yesterday it would be a fresh installation of the game so it would update to the latest patch. He says it looks miles better so that indicates that as it supports 4K he must be on the latest update. It would be nice if the stutter issue got understood and cured. I really don't want to go down the road of buying a pc again!
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

AgriJock wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:On the Xbox one x right now, stuttering is almost non existant. Heavy vegetated areas do still get minor stuttering but overall it is a tremendous improvement.
That's not true from what I have seen. I can post a video showing lots of stuttering on the west coast map. Graphically it is clearer but it still stutters as much as running it on my Xbox one. I say this because I wouldn't want someone buying one in the hope it improves things (like I was going to) because from what I've seen it doesn't.

That’s fine. I am stating what my experience is with the Xbox one x that I am literally using right now. Whether you think it is true or not only really matters to you.

I’m sure pretty much everyone here knows I have no agenda trying to push consoles and how good they are. I have no reason to say the Xbox one x is better than it is.
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

Nigelbilt wrote:That’s fine. I am stating what my experience is with the Xbox one x that I am literally using right now. Whether you think it is true or not only really matters to you.

I’m sure pretty much everyone here knows I have no agenda trying to push consoles and how good they are. I have no reason to say the Xbox one x is better than it is.
I'm sure you have no agenda, I didn't infer that, but your not going to say it's a bad purchase either are you? It's human nature to convince yourself it was worth the expense. I disagree that it only matters to me. It will matter to anyone considering one of these consoles as an upgrade, thinking that the extra power the XB1X offers will enable them to enjoy this game without stuttering on detailed maps. Would you really stand by your opinion and recommend people outlay £500? Are you sure the game runs more smoothly without stutter. Do you see my point?

I have been sent 1min30 secs of footage from my cousin, captured on an iPhone of a fendt simply driving down the road in a fresh west coast map on a newly powered up xbox 1x and it stutters like mad. If I knew how to post it I would.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

The Xbox one was a bad purchase for me, half the stuff I bought for sim racing has been bad purchases. Consoles in general are bad purchases. Xbox one x probably is a bad purchase for me because 99% of the time I play on PC.

I don’t need to justify my purchase to myself though, I am thankfully in a position where buying a Xbox one x does not affect my financial state whatsoever.

Consoles in general are not worth their price, it’s that simple but the Xbox one x has completely surprised me with the lack of choppiness in the UI and the very minimal stuttering in game, any game. For a console, this is the best machine on the market right now, by a lot.

I mean there are hundreds of Xbox one x FS17 videos out on YouTube, anyone can just go watch any of those. I also wouldn’t expect anyone to take my experience as gospel, like you, I am just a random dude on the internet saying my experience with the Xbox one x. Which happens to be the opposite of your friends experience. No one should ever base their decision off random people on the internet. Of course it only matters to you. This isn’t an objective review, it’s all anedoctal evidence, whether you think it is true or not doesn’t matter to anyone else. Your friend could also have a faulty Xbox one x, there have been posts all over Reddit about bad xbox’s.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

SimulatedSphere wrote::frown: most of the time when im playing on any map (on xbox one s) i drive anything and it is like lag . it makes the camera go backward and forward but sometimes it doesn't do that. i have had for ages.even if i have a few implements and vehicles :frown:
I had that as well on PS4 but it wasn't lag it was the cameras collision being strange. I don't have that problem anymore thanks to a mod that disables the cameras collision. The disable camera collision mod on PS4 is now one of my must have mods because of how it fixes the camera going back and forth every time. So maybe it's the same for you.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi: