Estancia Lapacho

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
RODHA

Re: Estancia Lapacho

Post by RODHA »

fenixguy wrote:
FarmerJimbob wrote: The limit doesn't seem to apply to bales although you lose any digestate from the excess above 50k.
I did not know that. I've always dumped the bales in no matter how full it was. Didn't know I was cheating myself out of digestate.
Wow, you should be careful on that one because if I don't hallucinate bales also count in 50k limit but in a worse way than the conveyor driven flow.
When you hit the 50k limit on the digester, if you keep putting bales in it they just vanish. Not being digested or anything. You just get the money not the digestate. I've tested it on the Who Dat Who Der Ranch by constantly monitoring the digestate level. I'm pretty sure of that result.
PS5 / FS22
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

RODHA wrote:
fenixguy wrote:Agreed. That's why it's a two-edge sword. It looks awesome and I love watching the machines work, but I'm thinking about future releases and the lowly consoles' ability to cope.
Absolutely right. I have the same concern. If PS5 couldn't make its way before the release of FS19, ps4 will probably struggle a lot. Even Giants might think delaying the release of console version. I don't know but it is really concerning.
I hope PS5 would come with a serious hardware so that we can benefit more and Giants can work more freely.
I say for the first time , my console might struggle for FS19 . But i'm sort of thinking that it won't struggle .( I have never said that before ) ;)
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Mixed feelings, right? :biggrin2: I know that feeling.
PS5 / FS22
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

RODHA wrote:
fenixguy wrote:
FarmerJimbob wrote: The limit doesn't seem to apply to bales although you lose any digestate from the excess above 50k.
I did not know that. I've always dumped the bales in no matter how full it was. Didn't know I was cheating myself out of digestate.
You just get the money not the digestate.
Yeah, that’s what I was saying. So now I only load the auto stack with 12 bales at a time if dumping directly into the bga on Estancia.
RetiredEGS

Post by RetiredEGS »

FarmerJimbob wrote:Can the Randon tip in one go given the 50k limit of the digester? The limit doesn't seem to apply to bales although you lose any digestate from the excess above 50k.
I did not know that. I came on to see if i was going crazy because my tipper was not dumping in the biogas. Off to get a new trailer i guess
PS4 and PC
Pedriko

Post by Pedriko »

Has past some time since the release of the map now. Any easter egg found? Any thoughts for the dirt bike? Any way to win money really fast (like the football contest announced in the city)?
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

Since my initial reservations, Estancia has turned out to be my ‘fall back’ map – at first I was playing on it while waiting for Westbridge to have sugarcane sell points, now I’m waiting for Westbridge to be seasons compat. In the meantime, I keep going back to Lapacho for more.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:16 pm Ok...so I actually had a go at the map last night... and Lisertan if you are genuinely looking for feed back...here's mine.. and judging by some of the PM's I got and discussions with fellow PS members I am not alone in my thoughts. The new equipment is really nice, well modeled. The tractors are lacking in hp and options, the new semi-trailers don't take grains... this is the most disappointing of the list.. some of us were really looking forward to using them... the convertible is useless.. honestly.. we couldn't get a more capable vehicle..? farming is about multi-purpose wherever possible to get the most from your dollar

The map on the other hand is balls.. seriously who thought it was a good idea ? I would say it is hands down the worst laid out map ever generated by Giants.. its like an illustration in a child's bedtime book. All the modding time that was wasted making the house all pretty inside is a complete waste of time as it adds absolutely NOTHING to gameplay ... same goes for the hanger with a non-functioning aircraft... All the hours that went into making all that stuff would have been far better used making the map more realistic.Close to a quarter of the map has a big plateau running through the center of it... WHY ? because so much of the modding time was wasted creating jarred preserves, tableware and newspapers.... its wasted space... the transport company sell point.. in the mountains far from the ability to actually transport anything anywhere...there is a saw mill sell point but unless your planning on creating your own forest... its a waste.

I would have thought with all the great modded maps the Giants team had seen this year they might have learned a thing or two about effective land use... seriously. If you want to claim to be a simulator... then simulate.. don't make something from a child's dream. Google maps could be your friend.. you could have re-created an actual area like others have done.

In the end this DLC is a major let down and has me regretting purchasing a season pass this time around.. I won't make that mistake again. The Kuhn DLC I liked... The Big Bud DLC, although not to my taste was well received by many in the community and was a hit as far as I can tell. Maybe I am wrong, maybe many will come out in defense of this DLC, some who agree with me won't post in this thread their displeasure because they don't want the hassle from the fanboys who seem to think you can do no wrong... but I am going to have to disagree with all of them... I think it needs to be said.

Without the modders great creations...this game would have been dead a long time ago.
I completely agree with this review. Estancia Lepancho (not sure if spelled correctly) is a complete joke. If a modder did this map, then fair enough. Modders work for free, and well... free is free. You get what you pay for (kinda attitude)

But for Giants to do this map. A company who I would assume is trying to build and maintain a positive position in the gaming world amonsts it's followers.... this map, as I already introduced, is a complete joke.

After spending some time running around the map looking for positive things to say, the best I can come up with (map wise) is that it is a starter map for a sandbox type of game. A map with nothing allowing the gamer to build his own mini world. The problem however, is that FS is not a sandbox type of game with sandbox functions that this map requires.... such as raise/lower land, placeable animal pens, placeable houses for creating sub-farms, factories, sell points, etc. Outside of modders using the Giants Engine, there's pretty much no way to organize this map to make it any better than it already is. Its a .... "what you see is what you get".... deal. And unfortunately what you see and get.... is so close to nothing that I am amazed that Giants actually put a price tag on it.

When modded maps are as popular as they are with many people using them (myself included), while keeping in mind the amazing detail and addons many of these modded maps have.... for Giants to offer (with a price tag) Estancia ..... is a complete disappointment that absolutely baffles me......

...... Its like, modders are offering us seemingly countless types of beverages from coffee to juices, to alcohol for FREE, and Giants decides to offer us a glass of water with a price tag. As the quoted posts questions.... "who thought this was a good idea?" ........

Estancia Lepancho shows a clear picture of just how little Giants maps have to offer When Giants has to spread the animals across the map just to make the map look like it actually has something. That's when it becomes obvious as to why so many of us use modded maps. Could you just imagine Estancia if Giants put all the animals on the main farm like many people prefer?

Whether Giants realizes it or not, likes it, or cares, modders are their competition. Their maps will most obviously be compared to the maps made by modders. Now I will admit that modders have a BIG edge over Giants. Modders can pretty much do whatever they want without worrying about licences. They can take chances, offer endless bug filled beta's, etc. Giants isn't in the position to adopt these liabilities. However. unless Giants hasn't learned yet how to use the internet, and download modded maps, then they should know by now that Estancia (which Giants wants us to pay for) just doesn't come close to comparing, or being in any way a fair alternative to what modders are giving us for FREE.

Overall, I think Estancia Lepancho is a prime example of Dire Straits' lyrics ... "money for nothing"
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

muzickmage wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:16 pmWhether Giants realizes it or not, likes it, or cares, modders are their competition.
I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. Modders are the only reason Giants is still in business (or at least doing as good as they are). Quite the opposite of competition.

That being said, I still like the map alright. It's my favorite Giants map, not that I've ever been thrilled by their offerings.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Also it's easy for new people
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:53 pm
muzickmage wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:16 pmWhether Giants realizes it or not, likes it, or cares, modders are their competition.
I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. Modders are the only reason Giants is still in business (or at least doing as good as they are). Quite the opposite of competition.

That being said, I still like the map alright. It's my favorite Giants map, not that I've ever been thrilled by their offerings.
Modder are Giant's competition in the sense of "best quality" maps. Modders are Giant's saving grace (as you suggest) because of the very reason I consider them Giant's competition.... "quality maps".

I really hate the idea of adopting the attitude that modders are keeping Giants in business, and if I saw better quality work coming from the Giant's camp then I wouldn't be able to adopt such an attitude so easily.......

..... but when I see something like Estancia Lepancho.... a map made by a Professional company... compared to what modders are doing... I can't help but assuse Giants of failing to keep up with the level of quality and gameplay options that the amateur community is constantly offering us vs what we are getting from the company that is IMO supposed to be taking the lead in this area.

Not only map design quality, but also innovation. Modders are creating ideas like seasons, store hours, delivery contracts, etc. The list of things modders are adding to the game, (including fully working structures like fish production), encourages me to wonder.... where would this game be if it didn't support mods?

I don't want to go on a .... lets attack Giants.. rant... as I FS is one of my favorite games. I prefer more so than not to defend the game. But holy wow.... the snail pace that Giants adopts, while showing very little innovation and design quality when they do actually offer something... I find it difficult sometimes to defend Giants and FS as much as I would like to.

I really like the FS game. But at the end of the day I have to fairly wonder/ask. Why do I like this game so much? Is it because of what Giants offers? Or is it more to do with what modders offer that bring this game to being closer to what I would like to pay for and play?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

muzickmage wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm
fenixguy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:53 pm Modders are the only reason Giants is still in business (or at least doing as good as they are). Quite the opposite of competition.
where would this game be if it didn't support mods?

is it more to do with what modders offer that bring this game to being closer to what I would like to pay for and play?
My point exactly. This game would have most likely been dead (at least, not as big) a long time ago if not for the modding community and there's nothing wrong with that. They know this and that's why they have internal support for mods, allow mods on console, hold a modding contest, include mods/modders in major game updates (seasons), and official DLC. And just because you don't like a map doesn't mean nobody else does. I know a lot of South Americans were happy to have some representation of their area (judging from their comments on the FS Facebook page and here). I liked the whole expansion myself. If you don't like it, play a different map. I've really never found a Giants map that I like better than mod maps. I never liked the beloved (by some) Westbridge Hills. I didn't play on it, no big deal. I don't like growing potatoes or logging. I don't do those things.

Now, Giants' equipment modeling is another story. It's very rare when a modder produces the same quality equipment models that Giants does.

I guess the big takeaway is, don't buy something if it's not for you. Watch some Youtube videos, read some reviews, etc... I purchased the season pass and I've been satisfied with my purchase.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I purchased a seasons pass as well for FS17 based on the performance of FS13 and FS15... when FS19 rolls out I will buy it... but I won't buy a Seasons Pass again... not if mod support is available...especially after the lacking PAID DLC's this time round

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^Exactly^^ Let your $$ do the talking.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 pm
muzickmage wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm
fenixguy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:53 pm Modders are the only reason Giants is still in business (or at least doing as good as they are). Quite the opposite of competition.
where would this game be if it didn't support mods?

is it more to do with what modders offer that bring this game to being closer to what I would like to pay for and play?
My point exactly. This game would have most likely been dead (at least, not as big) a long time ago if not for the modding community and there's nothing wrong with that. They know this and that's why they have internal support for mods, allow mods on console, hold a modding contest, include mods/modders in major game updates (seasons), and official DLC. And just because you don't like a map doesn't mean nobody else does. I know a lot of South Americans were happy to have some representation of their area (judging from their comments on the FS Facebook page and here). I liked the whole expansion myself. If you don't like it, play a different map. I've really never found a Giants map that I like better than mod maps. I never liked the beloved (by some) Westbridge Hills. I didn't play on it, no big deal. I don't like growing potatoes or logging. I don't do those things.

Now, Giants' equipment modeling is another story. It's very rare when a modder produces the same quality equipment models that Giants does.

I guess the big takeaway is, don't buy something if it's not for you. Watch some Youtube videos, read some reviews, etc... I purchased the season pass and I've been satisfied with my purchase.
That's not even a fair arguement. If anything, a passive defense and excuse that Giants can use to their advantage. If you don't like it don't buy it attitude.

Whether I like the map or not, whether other people like the map or not... is irrelevant. Whether the maps sells well and is loved by all, doesn't matter when considering the comparitive quality Giants is asking us to pay for vs what we get for FREE.

Its not about our acceptance of what Giants offers. Its about what Giants consider to be ... "a fair offer".

One problem with your idea of... if you don't like it don't buy it .. is that Giants put that map into a package deal. So I can hate the map and consider it not worth the money, while at the same time pay for it because I want the other things in the package.... which leaves me feeling a bit (not completely), but at the least, a bit, of a fool for buying a map (in a package deal) when that map is IMO not a very good example of a fair product.