Estancia Lapacho

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
swg

Re: Estancia Lapacho

Post by swg »

fenixguy wrote:I like to get an idea of where I'm farming on this game. Here's just some random Google images of Brazilian farms that I found. Note the red soil, the sparse trees, the brahman cattle, the silos, and the mansion. Pretty fair job on Giants' part if you ask me. I literally googled "brazil farm", "brazil aerial farm", "brazil cattle" and found these.

I really like the map the only problem for me is that is mixing brazilian and spanish.... Stara, Randon and others are from Brazil so as the caddle is really common. But, strange is that the city and all the signs are in spanish and looks like Cuba....dunno why....

Anyway...great map and Giants if you hired a portuguese translator or spanish for the map....fire him. Stay with google translator.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Do you really think firing a guy and having his livelyhood taken away because you don’t like the language used on signs is the right step?
swg

Post by swg »

Nigelbilt wrote:Do you really think firing a guy and having his livelyhood taken away because you don’t like the language used on signs is the right step?
I was looking for the part that his soul was torn apart.....I just hope that everyone get a boss/customer that likes poor job and forgive it, thinking first of all about their livelyhood taken away. *thumbsup* :lol:

As I mentioned , is not clear IF there is a theme (place), in the case of having one, my perspective is that it should be followed with minimum accuracy.
railfan1975

Post by railfan1975 »

swg wrote: and looks like Cuba....dunno why.....
Wondered if I was the only one that thought that. For me it's the cars...I don't know about South America, but Cuba definitely has all those 50's cars.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Okay. So the signage is in Spanish instead of Portuguese. Did Giants ever say the map is based in Brazil or did they just say South America? Outside of Brazil, most of the continent uses Spanish as the official language.
PC & PS4
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

That map is too colorful and garishly. All these fancy trees and even your house doesnt fit in the game. It is more a sim city than a farming simulator.

Why not just creating 4x map with realistic buildings, forests, roads and fixed bugs instead of that cartoon bs? Graphically is top notch, but gameplay below garbage.

That is the worst map created by giants. Very dissapointed.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

NateS wrote:Okay. So the signage is in Spanish instead of Portuguese. Did Giants ever say the map is based in Brazil or did they just say South America? Outside of Brazil, most of the continent uses Spanish as the official language.
It could be based in Paraguay like the seasons geo
swg

Post by swg »

Thefisherj wrote:
NateS wrote:Okay. So the signage is in Spanish instead of Portuguese. Did Giants ever say the map is based in Brazil or did they just say South America? Outside of Brazil, most of the continent uses Spanish as the official language.
It could be based in Paraguay like the seasons geo
Agree, really looks like Paraguay. Except for the car and language but ok, the rest is really close.

That also explain the car in the river :lol:
railfan1975 wrote:
swg wrote: and looks like Cuba....dunno why.....
Wondered if I was the only one that thought that. For me it's the cars...I don't know about South America, but Cuba definitely has all those 50's cars.
Having that cars in south america is really rare, that car is more central american stryle.
We have only a ton of old VW https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Type_2 and also VW Beelte...
I really would love to see both in the game.
NateS

Post by NateS »

How about Bolivia?
PC & PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Where the heck do you mow in this map? :frown:
It is so frustrating. Only viable option seems to be the grass area near the main machinery shed. Other places are either not mowable or a lot of trees in the way.
PS5 / FS22
NateS

Post by NateS »

I just turned a field into grass. Seamed the simplest solution.
PC & PS4
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

There's a VW Bug lookin thing in the water at the bottom bridge. Go to the right side, find the broke section of rail, look in the water, and you should see it
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

RODHA wrote:Where the heck do you mow in this map? :frown:
It is so frustrating. Only viable option seems to be the grass area near the main machinery shed. Other places are either not mowable or a lot of trees in the way.
I took the trees out by the shop and made it into a field. Used the stump grinder on the baby palm trees. Using it as a normal crop field for now, later I will turn it into grass.
PS4
PS5
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I wish you could mow the bushes and junk. You can only plow them I think
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ yeah. I kinda expected that too
PS5 / FS22