Estancia Lapacho

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
fenixguy

Re: Estancia Lapacho

Post by fenixguy »

Farmer216 wrote:My $.02 ... (Since my woman took over my tv. I've been playing all day!)
That's a nice review. I like to read about different play styles. For me, the little Massey is just perfect. I will have it or one of BSM's Masseys on all my small maps from now on I think. The 105hp Stara tractor is mostly useless as it can't really pull any of the starting equipment and only goes 19mph. I'll keep it around for a while though as I'm playing on hard with no cheats. I would've gladly taken the larger Stara and the little Massey instead of the Case and the little Stara. I love the fact that none of the tractors have a front linkage. That's not something you see where I live and I like farming small.

The convertible is useless and mostly just an Easter egg in my opinion. In fact, I think the whole "totally-not-a-drug-mansion" was perhaps one big Easter egg. I dunno. For real though, Giants could make us an old farm truck with a dump bed/flat bed option. That would be cool.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

How rich are Brazilian farmers? I know the bigger ones have big ranches and land
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I'm thinking the convertible did not come from an idea of "let's create a new vehicle to put out with the map and for the hell of it we'll add a convertible to our farm sim" but rather "what sort of traffic would be appropriate for this map?". Someone suggested an old american convertible but then to have it static required the interior to be detailed and then once that was done it was small jump to make it a drivable vehicle.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

:frown: you still have to shovel silage in and not tip it in with a trailer
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

All this and no one has said that there is not a Milk Barn, I went into town to see if I could recruit some of the towns people to milk my cows and they said the last owner only raised Bulls that they weren't going to fall for that again?
PC/Xbox1
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Thefisherj wrote::frown: you still have to shovel silage in and not tip it in with a trailer
I always use conveyors anyway but the changed design helps no end with bales.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Especially with the auto loader.
Trekkerkearl

Post by Trekkerkearl »

Tazman1983 wrote:
UmbraMalum wrote:I read a lot of negative feedback in this thread regarding the new map, i really like it though regardless of the useless airplane :mrgreen:
I like the new grass textures and the new brown field textures are very nice aswell.

Having said that there are some issues with the new map aswell.
- The path that goes up the hill next to the sheep doesn't lead anywhere and i got seriously stuck have way up the hill with a load of cane :lol:
- I don't seem to be able to sell straw anywhere on this map according to the information screen.
- No nuggets ? seriously now giants ... no nuggets ? :confusednew: *thumbsdown*
Straw sell point next to animal market
Found it earlier after reading other threads on this forum, it is not listed though on the price information screen and that is still a bug :smileynew:
empato wrote:
UmbraMalum wrote:True, very true in fact but when i start a game on maximum difficulty i like the extra little bonus this gives me to get started :biggrin2:
With Eldorado being in South America (according to the myth) some nuggets are not to much to ask is it ?
Why don`t you start on easier difficulty, if earning money on hard takes too long for you. Nuggets is the same than cheating money. makes no sense to cheat money, but then play on hard. Play on easy, sell 2-3x your crops and you have enough money for everything.
I always play on hard and with seasons, but I never needed to collect the nuggets.
Of course it takes some time, but that`s the fun of the game. Don`t want to be able to buy everything from the beginning. What´s the motivation behind it??
Agreed, I am playing on hard now with the boost... but it would have been nice to have to better tractors straight away as these ones are **** *thumbsup*.
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

one tip, cultivate the basic sugar cane field before planting, because it will show in your stats as field needs to be plowed, and you can't see the fertilizer stages. I'm asuming that after 3 harvests, to get full harvest capacity, one plows it again.

The start cultivator functions also as a plow, and can even be mounted a seeder, just ter info if i missed it somewhere already, my apologies :-)
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Well, I love the map. However I should have looked at the harvester ratio before making fields 1-6 as one huge sugarcane field. So after spending 3-4hrs making it as sugarcane, it's going to take a further 3-4hrs to harvester it :( lol.

All in all, it looks decent, just need to wait for the modders to update their stuff to allow sugarcane on West Coast then I'll return to that map.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

^^lol, I feel your pain mate having planted field 1 on GCV with poplar (double planting so no gaps). Took forever and while I used workers I had to babysit them as they would keep going back on themselves or not keeping the correct spacing. Field 14 with sugar cane with the starting equipment was bad enough.
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

So, why is it when it's "raining" you get the noise of rain but no actual rain!?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

So I had originally started on hard with no cheating. I started my first sugarcane harvest. After finishing ~1/4 of the field, I did a quick yield prediction. I figured I'd get somewhere around 200,000l. On hard the current price was $140/l. So, after a 2+ hour harvest and carting 20 loads of cane to the mill, I'd get ~$28,000. Nope. Not for me. :lol:

I work for a living and have a wife I like to spend time with. At that rate, it would be approximately waaaaay too long before I would see any progress. So with a heavy heart, I deleted that save a started fresh on easy. Let's try this again...
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I got just a little over 300,000 ltrs from that field. No plow, fully fertilized.
It seems that you get money when you do it in million ltrs.
The harvester's harvesting capacity is way too low for that kind of a job.
It could work only on a dedicated farm I guess. Just sugarcane. At least 3 harvesters on the go. Road trains constantly selling cane, etc.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Yep, that would be cool but I don't have the real world time for it. I'm going to keep one small field of sugarcane and not expand it until I get the Case harvester. I'm still not "cheating", it's just that easy lets you see some progression faster.