Estancia Lapacho

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
RODHA

Re: Estancia Lapacho

Post by RODHA »

This map is not a "no cheat" map for me. It is just not that beautiful.
So, I've decided to make it my test map for everything.
I've cheated some 80M and bought the entire map.
I'll try loads of things with cane, animals and other crops.
I didn't have a test map before. I just need a sugarcane storage right now.
A big one.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

There are three sugarcane storage silos. They're called grain elevator 1, 2, and 3. :mrgreen:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

What sort of volume does sugar cane have when its set on the ground? With the yields quoted I seriously hope its not like hay.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

fenixguy wrote:There are three sugarcane storage silos. They're called grain elevator 1, 2, and 3. :mrgreen:
You pay for the storage every midnight. And each has just 500k capacity. Even F2 would probably be enough to fill all of them in one harvest.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

You don't pay enough to make even a tiny dent in what you'd get from 1.5 million liter harvest. Plus the train holds quite a bit for free. I don't think I'll go that big. I don't feel like hauling that many loads back and forth. Also why I despise doing silage.
RetiredEGS

Post by RetiredEGS »

fenixguy wrote:So I had originally started on hard with no cheating. I started my first sugarcane harvest. After finishing ~1/4 of the field, I did a quick yield prediction. I figured I'd get somewhere around 200,000l. On hard the current price was $140/l. So, after a 2+ hour harvest and carting 20 loads of cane to the mill, I'd get ~$28,000. Nope. Not for me. :lol:

I work for a living and have a wife I like to spend time with. At that rate, it would be approximately waaaaay too long before I would see any progress. So with a heavy heart, I deleted that save a started fresh on easy. Let's try this again...
I totally agree to much work for no pay out. The same field i can do 200 000 with canolla.

Also not happy about storage why put a crop out with such a huge yield but no storage
PS4 and PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

RetiredEGS wrote: I totally agree to much work for no pay out. The same field i can do 200 000 with canolla.
Let's be clear, canola would've netted me much less money per acre. A field that would produce 200,000l of canola would be like 2 million or so in sugarcane. Cane is now the highest yielding crop in the game.
Also not happy about storage why put a crop out with such a huge yield but no storage
Potatoes and beets have always been this way. You don't store sugarcane IRL, you sell immediately to the mill. The game gave us the train silos to store it (for a fee) or you can dump on the ground or in a building and use conveyors or a loader to load it back. Me personally, I don't care about storing it. I'll put what I can in the train silos and sell the excess to whoever's paying the most at the time. There will multiple place able silos added/edited as mods that hold sugarcane in no time.
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

Wanted to weigh in here. After a couple of play sessions I'm liking the new map.

First of all the ability to enter the main building and your garage (roll-up door!) is a welcome change, as is the field interaction with the plow and what it clears. More environment interaction is a good thing for Giants to keep adding on every update (walking around inside buildings doesn't really matter, except that it really does matter, thank you Giants).

The art style and color scheme is great. Feels like somewhere completely different, a good thing. I haven't checked yet but I wonder if the vehicle color palette is the same across the board or unique to the map. Would use the new colors elsewhere if possible.

I like that the map layout is going to make you travel to get the most out of it. If you're using all the crops/animals then you're going to see pretty much all the map on a regular basis. Can't tell you how many hours I have on GCV and I know there are places I've only seen or passed through a couple of times. The map also lends itself to placing buildings and customizing the areas you can work. Since I really like using the placeable items I can go nuts here though I know that doesn't matter to everyone.

I know it's not all perfect. The lack of nuggets, for those who like to hunt them down, is baffling. I was searching for a while, specially that ruin which I thought was a prime location :) . I also noticed that there's no way (currently) to replace trees with ones that match the map. Not sure that I want to clear the trees and not be able to replace them (c'mon not planting evergreens in SA). Might be more issues as I dig in but pretty solid so far.
Farming on PS5
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

fenixguy wrote:You don't pay enough to make even a tiny dent in what you'd get from 1.5 million liter harvest. Plus the train holds quite a bit for free. I don't think I'll go that big. I don't feel like hauling that many loads back and forth. Also why I despise doing silage.
I feel similar i think....even with Courseplay bots running my transports i don't perticularly enjoy the amount of transport needed and the dirt cheap price per transport it offers, even if the whole field would produce more money then other crops. I disliked potatoes and beets for that too. :mrgreen:
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

I think it will be a really good map once i get it. I can finally have a proper playthrough at night when i go to sleep i can actually go inside my house instead of stand outside and wait for 4:30 to show up so i can start work again.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

fenixguy wrote:You don't pay enough to make even a tiny dent in what you'd get from 1.5 million liter harvest. Plus the train holds quite a bit for free. I don't think I'll go that big. I don't feel like hauling that many loads back and forth. Also why I despise doing silage.
You are right for one night. But I think the fee goes up for every night you keep them in the silo like the loan interest. It might get a serious amount in a couple of days. But I'm not sure if it works like the loan interest. The train though is good solution.
I go for F14 and F15 combined for sugarcane. Anything bigger will become boring like you said.
PS5 / FS22
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

The train is a mobile silo too, as you can overload it to a trailer at a station overload point more or less nearest to the sell point. But i still find it a strange design choice not to run the tracks all the way to ( almost ) all sell points. That could have been done in a primitive loop such as now, or branching off with switches which would have been even more interesting.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Grain elevator unload points (to a trailer from the silo) have augers that sit too low. You can't load radon trailers or any trailer that is too high.
PS5 / FS22
RetiredEGS

Post by RetiredEGS »

fenixguy wrote:
RetiredEGS wrote: I totally agree to much work for no pay out. The same field i can do 200 000 with canolla.
Let's be clear, canola would've netted me much less money per acre. A field that would produce 200,000l of canola would be like 2 million or so in sugarcane. Cane is now the highest yielding crop in the game.
Potatoes and beets have always been this way. You don't store sugarcane IRL, you sell immediately to the mill. The game gave us the train silos to store it (for a fee) or you can dump on the ground or in a building and use conveyors or a loader to load it back. Me personally, I don't care about storing it. I'll put what I can in the train silos and sell the excess to whoever's paying the most at the time. There will multiple place able silos added/edited as mods that hold sugarcane in no time.
Maybe i look at this wrong but the way i see it if i take one bsm tipper 70000L fill it with sugarcane and sell it i get about 15000ish. I can take the same trailer with canolla and get 150000ish with alot less work and time. You would have to make 10 trips to make the same price and With the price decrease in this game you dont get the same price after each load.
PS4 and PC
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

RetiredEGS wrote: Maybe i look at this wrong but the way i see it if i take one bsm tipper 70000L fill it with sugarcane and sell it i get about 15000ish. I can take the same trailer with canolla and get 150000ish with alot less work and time. You would have to make 10 trips to make the same price and With the price decrease in this game you dont get the same price after each load.
Nope, not looking at it the wrong way, what you say is very true - by trailer load the lower yield crops are more cost effective and time efficient. You can make more money per hectare from the high yield crops but you do have get a bit inventive to make it pay off without it taking all of your time to do a harvest. Pick fields close to sell points; pick long, thin fields over small square ones to minimise time wasted making turns when harvesting; find solutions to selling your harvest all in one go rather than trailer by trailer suffering a falling price. It pays off but it is more work and really I do it for the variety, I'd get bored having soy beans in every field (and the economy would potentially suffer).